Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Performance Brake Pads for XA & XB

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Default Performance Brake Pads for XA & XB

Hey guys,
Im affiliated with a shop out in North Hollywood, Ca., Cockpit Autosport, we're working with a company overseas called N-Brake to develop a high performance brake pad for the XA & XB for the front brakes. Dont have the full info on the material used, but i know its semi metallic & another compound. I was the ginea pig for the prototype pad that was sent out here first to try. The pads work real nice, better stopping distance, doesnt heat up your rotors, stiffer feeling pedal, no squeeling & minimal brake dust from what i can tell. Had the pads on the car for about 3 month already. We have two types of brake pads we're gonna carry for Scion vehicles: 1 is just a sport tuned brake pad & 2 is the high performance brake pad. Sport tuned pads will run about $**.** for 1 set & the high performance pads will run about $**.**. If skeptical about these pads, come by the shop & you can see the pads installed on my XB that i daily drive everyday & didnt just put them that day to show you guys.

mikochu: Prices edited out.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

cool, get em for sale..
Old 02-02-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

if any of you guys are interested let me know, ill try to get a picture up on the website & also a picture on them on my car, we can ship them out so hit shop & let em know where your at & we can ship if you can pick local.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sounds great, can you guys ship to alaska?
Old 02-06-2005, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 02-07-2005, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Yea we can ship anywhere, we're just waiting for our shipment to come in, hopefully by the end of this month. Ill keep posting updates on status.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet

aight man, check you later
Old 02-07-2005, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Ill post a reply the day i get this pads in. We're also trying to get the companys DVD video link to our website, so you guys can see the pads in action on an EK civic during an autocross race driving by the owner of the brake pad company. Ill let you guys now when we get that up & running too.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Still waiting to take pictures of the pads on my car & update the gallery for my profile, but we listed the brake pads on scion life parts gallery now if you guys want to check it out. the race tuned pads have a pink backing color but the street tuned pads have a black backing color, but we lost the picture so we just used the image for the race tuned pads for both items.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cockpit XB
Ill post a reply the day i get this pads in. We're also trying to get the companys DVD video link to our website, so you guys can see the pads in action on an EK civic during an autocross race driving by the owner of the brake pad company. Ill let you guys now when we get that up & running too.
CHECK THIS OUT! RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
Old 02-14-2005, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Ok guys, if you want to see the company movie of the brake pads, my buddy posted the link, so enjoy.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice...now i wanna see a xB do that. show me that and im in.

btw...that isnt autocross, thats road racing.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

sorry about that mistake labeling it autocross guys, but the pads on my car really work nice, but because im running the race tuned pads these suckers grip like a ***** & it feels like im gonna endo or something, but that's just me i guess. The only problem is that with race tuned pads you cant reuse the rotors again because these suckers will tear that sh*t up. Unlike the street tuned pads you can reuse the rotors by either: 1 is to turn or machine the rotors or 2 would be just to slap the pads on. Its been almost a month since i had the pads on & barely seeing any brake dust. Due to the rain brake dust water spotss can be seen on my wheels, but if it didnt rain then i probably wouldnt have seen anything or noticed it. P.M. or email me if your interested the pads are coming by the last week of FEB or early MARCH & they'll be able to ship out immediately.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

I just uploaded pictures on my profile, so you can see the 2 different pads we carry.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hey eddie its mike hit me up, ill take u up on the pad offer =) im gettin rid of my brake kit.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Sorry guys, i put the wrong price for the race tuned brake pads on the parts gallery, its actually $**.** instead of $**.**, sorry about the confusion, also p.m. or email me if your interested in wholesale prices or group buys, ill give you prices for them. Thanks & sorry for the inconveniece

mikochu: Prices edited out.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Expected time of arrival for the brake pads is still the end of feb/1st week of march. We're waiting for customs to release our stuff. Once they come in ill post it to let everyone know. Thanks for your patience guys.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

Also to let you know, these pads work just as well in the rain. Its been alot here in Ca., like real heavy. Anyways some fool cut me off because he wanted to make a quick buck but i slammed on the brakes, no skid with plenty of room to spare. Also they stop pretty good in puddles of water too, i tried slamming on the brakes in a puddle of water. Just info to let you know whats up about the pads. My wheels are still clearly silver but there are some brake dust spots only due to the rain, but its beginning to spread because of the rain water. So heads up for all you interested in the brake pads.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

for all those that have inquired about our brake pads, we'll be picking up the shipment this week, ill post once we have the brake pads in hand. Thanks for your patience.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

sorry about the delay guys, i've been having problems w/ my guy, hopefully we'll be picking them up today, ill post another reply once i have pads in hand. Sorry about the delays guys, thanks for your patience.

Quick Reply: Performance Brake Pads for XA & XB