Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Performance coilovers- Need some info

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Performance coilovers- Need some info

Well, there comes a time in every man's life when he has to get rid of his HKS coilovers. I really would like a set up that has higher spring rates, dampening adjustment and be able to get pretty low.

The Xb coilover thread has been somewhat helpful but the holes in the chart are annoying. Here are some things I'd like to know:

What are the spring rates and height adjustment for the JIC FLT-A2s?
How low can the JIC SF-1s go?
Spring rates and height adjustment for the Blitz Wagon?
Tanabe Sustec Pro GF...where can you even order these?

So far, I think the D2 would be a good choice because they are everything i want in a coilover. The only thing is, people have mixed opinions about them because they arent made in japan. I guess they disappoint JDM fanboys.

So if you can answer some of my questions or suggest a coilover that is more performance oriented with a good drop, let me know.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well you can also go with Tein and you can order custom springs for the coliover with the right specs you need.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MattyRattyPoo
Well you can also go with Tein and you can order custom springs for the coliover with the right specs you need.
I thought about that but then I relized one flaw. They have a pansy drop. Especially on 16s. But if they could get lower I'd be all over that. Anyone have a pic of a xB with 15s or 16s with Tein SS dropped all the way?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Blitz ride awesome - on the sporty side. The spring rates are 3.8F and 3.2R IIRC. The rear socks are 8-way adjustable too. They ride pretty stiff, but still smooth and not bouncy. You kinda bounce around at low speeds on rough roads - like in the city, but once you get up around 35-40mph, everything smooths out. The only downside is that they don't go low enough for 16s. I never measured it, but I just barely tuck 205/50/16 tires. I'm estimating it's about 3".

Right now, I'm actually looking into HKS or Cusco...I need about 1/2 in more drop and a softer spring rate for riding around in the city....
Old 01-28-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stankubrick
The Blitz ride awesome - on the sporty side. The spring rates are 3.8F and 3.2R IIRC. The rear socks are 8-way adjustable too. They ride pretty stiff, but still smooth and not bouncy. You kinda bounce around at low speeds on rough roads - like in the city, but once you get up around 35-40mph, everything smooths out. The only downside is that they don't go low enough for 16s. I never measured it, but I just barely tuck 205/50/16 tires. I'm estimating it's about 3".

Right now, I'm actually looking into HKS or Cusco...I need about 1/2 in more drop and a softer spring rate for riding around in the city....
The HKS will be smooth enough for ya....but the Cuscos springs rates are very much like the Blitz. 3.5 F&R...I just don't know about the dampening on those.

Also, in those pic you've sent me, is that as low as you can go?

Sexy Beasts huh?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, that's as low as I can go...

....nice side-by-side! :D
Old 01-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you gonna be selling those HKS on here Matt?

im VERY interested!

scott