Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

to put 20s on the xb

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default to put 20s on the xb

do oyu guys have to raise it a little bit or what?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Just buy the 20s and slap them on!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Talk to Travis...Username TLRlive. He just put some 20's on his Xb and said he it was Not just a Bolt On....He'll probably tell you what Modifications you have to do.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:32 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Chris (Autosound), who used to be on this board has 20 inch Foose Star wheels on cut Eibachs. The front fender liners had to be removed, and the portion os the firewall had to be airhammered, and it still rubbed. The rear fender lips had to be rolled also, IIRC. He also had the first set of 25 or 30 series tires also I think since he had some SEMA connections. The wheels are now on Big Don's xB.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:17 AM

xxxxxxxxxx

Old 05-10-2005, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey mark looks pretty nice, the 30 series looks pimpier imo.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

those 20's look good on the box
Old 05-10-2005, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: All in the offset

Originally Posted by Mark
I've been running 225 x35 x20 Nitto 555's on TIS type II wheel 20" x 7.5" 43mm offset. I also have 1" drop TuRD springs. With minor wheelwell massage (pounding and bending) and slight fender lip trim each wheel well was massaged. I did not remove the fender liners. I have a very minor rub on the frame at full chock and a minor rub on deep bumps where the front fender and bumper bolts are located; but no rub in day to day driving and the 35 sidewall rides pretty good (lots better than 30 series) See the photos here:
https://www.scionlife.com/gallery/sh...cat=all&page=1

Please no negative comments!!! :D
marks got a sweet box, we parked next to him at Battle of the Imports, we ALSO hung out at the end of the drag strip..lol..whats up brother! this is corey and malane! now that i know your screen name its on! lol!
Old 05-25-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Here it goes...
But as far as your question goes, it is possible, the easiest way to do it, (i.e. the way I didn't), is to absoloutly get 225/30/20 tires. the /30/ in there is important there pricy though, so hold on to your hat... (see:BFG $300ea). Nitto makes 35's and there alot less expensive (see: about half) but there a inch taller over all, and let me tell you brother, you'll wish you had that inch when your installing those boogers.

I had to hammer the pass. inner fender well in 1/2" or so. Trim the body kit all the way around. Bend back all the pinch welds and roll the fender some, (See: crack the paint), Extend the rear studs, (used a Toyota P.N.) add a rear spacer (1/8 inch I think ) and a bunch of other stuff that I forgot. It took about 6 straight hours with hand tools to make it go.

Even after all of that, your tires are going to Rub lock to lock and your turning radius (see: 3.5 lane U-turn) is going to be decreased. Even when it's dropped, it still sits high with 20's, which is my absolute biggest complaint. Just can't drop it any more w/o busting out the hacksaw and some duck tape! (see:no spank you.)
As far as ride, a 225/35/20 is taller than a 215/35/18 (what i had before DUBs) so in effect you get a better ride, but you lose performance and braking. Not alot, but you can tell. BTW, factory brakes are stout enough to stop those big bastards, upgrades might help but not necessary. The little plastic piece that connects the front fender to the bumper rubs alittle but hasn't hurt anything yet, Just be careful on turning on inclines... BTW, my box is dropped 1.75" w/ Tein S-techs. I have about a 1/4" gap between the tire and the fenderlip all the way around. The good news is that I can load that hoe down and it never skips a beat. The back tires just tuck into the fenders and I go...

Thats about it... Just another little plug, Motegi Racing makes a wheel called a DP6 (mine) it comes in 3 colors plus chrome, they are supposed to have a +45mm offset but it's more like +47 b/c the 18's I have (+45as well) barely fit w/o spacers, and the 20's are no way Jose. It's not on the website yet, so call your local American Racing Dealer and tell them to hook you up! If you want some bling blang, "Twenty Inches Strong" makes 2 different styles of 20x7.5 as well. Might think about the brake upgrade though... those _____es are heeaaavy.

Good luck, I imagine I just talked you out of it, but good luck reguardless!
-The Belly

P.S. I got lots o pics if ya want.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:14 AM

All big don had to do was pound in a section of the front chasis to have the wheels clear. And now they don't even rub. :D