Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Quality of "cheapo" strut tower bars on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Quality of "cheapo" strut tower bars on Ebay

How do you owners rate the quality of these cheapo strut bars which you can buy on ebay for $30 shipped? Are the just as good performance wise and how good or bad do they look? I wish I could afford a dc sport or one like that but I don't want to spend that much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33591
Old 04-28-2004, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who has this bar and how do you like it?
Old 04-28-2004, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if you're thinking about that, just go with scionfx.com's strut bar or something, it's cheap and it's like that style i believe. not for sure though.. i got the cs-2 dc sports strut bar, it was only 80 bucks, not bad at all, very nice piece also. performance wise it won't make a noticable difference, it's just engine dress-up... pick what bar you like best for looks.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'll let you know. Should be here by the end of the week
Old 05-05-2004, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

P. O. S. I knew that I was not getting the best quality product out there but I just wanted the look. The color was not what was pictured, The aluminum bar is not polished, the adjustment nut does not move on one end. I had to paint the attachment plates and strip and polish the bar. I am still thinking about sending it back after a show this weekend. BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member

They will do the exact same thing $200.00 "JDM" bar will do. Its all about what your after status or function . You dont get much status in a scion anyways. There are proabably not many out there who drive their XB as hard as I do Im a corner addict. Im on my now third set of tires and Ive less than 9000 miles on my car, think about it.
I bought a $20.00 bar on E-bay went to the aircraft surplus store bought some quick release pins added them in, welded a little xtra material on the plates for strength had them zinc plated- gold, also custom built the same for the rear struts same bar I can remove it in 20 seconds. Now im out maybe $100.00 total front and back and they look far tricker than any other brace and one of a kind. My car handles ____ing sick, its other suspension goodies too. With a little minor TLC they can be as strong as youll ever need them to be great chepo bars are all you need for function I can run circles around my Matrix XRS. Its goddamn slow on the straightaways but once in the turns Ive only been passed a few times and they had to wait for a straight away a bad ___ Audi ,Mini-Cooper S and a WRX and they needed a sraightaway its soooo cool to have a sleeper. Now keep in mind this is the street cyn evrty weekend I can get up that early..... Id get seriously ____ed on a wide race track.