Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tien basic coilovers... (xb)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Tien basic coilovers... (xb)

ok i have just searched for a tien basic information dealing with xb's. please help me out...

I am planning on getting a setup for my box, and thinking tiens would be the best (name brand, great track record, looks, and etc etcetras...) but i am a noobie when it comes to specific stats on the shocks struts and other precise informations.

i can install them no problem, but if i am planning on going with 18 x 7.5 wheels with fitting tires ( no stretch) will i need an offset? or do anything with my alignment? if so how much (ball park if it is car specific) or where would i go to figure out what i need to do... also if you ahve information about the coilovers... please post here also. Thanks alot guys, and i am sold on the tiens, don't try and tell me they are crap or i should look at some other company.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

not really understanding what your asking... what are you asking?
Old 12-25-2005, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

with most aftermarket suspension systems you have to adjust the alignment. i am wondering if anyone has any experience with an 18 x 7.5 wheel, and the tiens, what type of adjustment i would have to make inorder for my wheels to ride true, and not wearout in a month or so. most people just adjust the alignment with an offset i believe, which makes the tire drive flat on the ground instead of riding on its sidewall. so i am asking.... any idea what would need to be done in order to have a perfect riding tien suspension...(with basic coilover kit)
Old 12-25-2005, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes you should do the alignment. i paid $25 shipped for my camber bolts and they work great. the alignment can only be done on the front of xb's so just get a front alignment done. it's worth it, any lowering causes camber, it's geometry.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You don't need a camber kit for the xA or xB, most lowering setups don't change the stock geometry enough to require it. I'm lowered on Tanabe S-OC IIs with no camber kit and everything rides fine. I had the alignment checked after everything was installed and was told all the specs were within factory tolerances. No abnormal tire wear or other headaches caused by out-of-whack alignment.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

you do not need alignment for scions. you can but it will never be too far out of spec. camber doesn't even change.

oh and it's TEIN not TIEN
Old 12-26-2005, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thanks alot for the great info. i didn't think you would need to adjusta nything, not like honduhs. and i realized it is Tein. i typed this up real quick, but thanks for the Spell Check... ummm thanks alot guys and my question was answered.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default my xb set up

i;m on 20 by 7.5 with air ride and all the way down the camber is still in factory specs. had it checked,, all the way up it is good too.. lol. now the front inner fenders and bumper bolts.. they seem to have not wanted to stay for the tuck lol. but that is the only problems i am having,, tires are good no matter how hi or low i go.. so 18;s should be easy to fit,,