Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

whats the best air suspension kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well a guy here has an fbi front set up and he says that the front rattles...here's exactly what he said about the FBI fronts...

"Now I am dealing with the infamous rattling shocks and having to return the shocks at MY expense in shipping for a problem that is not mine"

and i always see these easystreet complaints. so now im all kinds of confused
Old 09-12-2005, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am running airlift (eaystreet) front air struts and haven't had a single problem with them. They do make a little noise but last time i talked to Aaron from Easystreet they were in the proccess of fixing that issue. The Easystreet rear bags are ____! there are many people that have had alot of bad luck with the sleeve backs for the rear! and then alot of people that have had good luck, so its up to you. I wouldn't trust them, but thats only because i've had to replace the rear kit TWICE. I'm now using slams in the rear with the FBI brackets. i kinda wish i would have got the 2500 bags, so the rear would drop lower. The slams have a bump stop in them so they won't completly flatten out at full drop. this increases the life of them (so they say), because the center won't crease and tear or blow out after time. i'm going to work on getting the rear to go lower this winter. one of the many winter projects for the XB.

hope this help. oh.... and i would buy all of your air management seperatly. its cheaper that way, and you can pick and choose what you want. i have a switch box that has 7 switches in it, and fits in my hand. it also had an input which i hooked up t my alarm, so i can pankace my XB via my alarm fob! not that is the shizz!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

anyone running their compressors and/or tanks on the outside? what is it that makes the most noise?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

everything's underneath for me. the compressor makes the most drone; and i wouldnt put my valves inside. ever. thats me though
Old 09-12-2005, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by crayonBOX
everything's underneath for me. the compressor makes the most drone; and i wouldnt put my valves inside. ever. thats me though
why wouldnt you put the valves inside?

is this all i would need?
compressors
relay for compressors
stainless steel lines
air tanks with 8 1/2" Ports
connect fittings
valves
front/rear setup
switch box
Old 09-12-2005, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another note, do NOT buy anything through AIM.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

if i run an airirde setup i'm going to piece everything from FBI. The front struts from EasyStreet and the rear FBI brackets + 2500lb firestone bags. from there just the compressor, tank, valves, switches. I'm still learning about it all though.

Would the firestone rear bags last a long time?

Also what is that adjustment on the bottom of the easystreet struts? for dampening of the shock?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would go with Firestone or Slam Specialities bags, weve had better luck with the SS bags though..
Old 09-12-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

i heard that the FBI brackets don't work with the SS bags... only Firestone and Contitech
Old 09-12-2005, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont understand why people always say dont do side to side. either they believe it will mess something up or it wont work. i have had it for over ten thousand mile and it works perfect. so anyone who thinks other wise come to nopi nationals and i will show you.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

^agreed; i like my side to side... though even side to side in the rear only really does a trick to shake the car like a dog its fun... but 9 switches is where id like to be
Old 09-12-2005, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Personally i don't see where I would want side to side. If i could just have 1 switch to do up and down i would

But i can see where Front & back could come in handy in case i need to look underneth a particular part for some reason, i guess SS would be nice in some cases. But more valves, more switchs, i'll just do FB i think. Would i just have 5 switchs for front back? I still don't understand the whole switchs and valve stuff, or about how to route all the hosing and valves??
Old 09-12-2005, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

10 switches here..

Side to Side is Fun Makes it rock like all get out :D

and Rebel, Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered the FBI Kit with the Firestones but on my s10 we have always used SS bags and IMO there much better..
Old 09-12-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

crayon box. your setup is awesome

i like the whitewalls. that was my original theme idea but changed my mind. but it looks hot.. i may just do it next year.

^^ i like them all..specially the cutie one.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

thanks for the props fuji i guess i got a sponsor eh?

graphics are in the works hopefully, but as to a question above; 8 valves alow independent control of each corner... because the front/rear dont fill equally sometimes, so i think it's usefull, + an FBI avs box is small, so 9 or 5 switches are still at 5"x4"x1" thin.

to those who want to be on my "2cents about air" mailer, since ive talked to about 6 ppl about air today, i'llbe mailing out some details about my air setup tonite or tomorrow, PM if you want some understanding about air just payin it forward (thanks tomas)

~tesh
Old 09-12-2005, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciondrgn
10 switches here..

Side to Side is Fun Makes it rock like all get out :D

and Rebel, Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered the FBI Kit with the Firestones but on my s10 we have always used SS bags and IMO there much better..
i heard the SS bags are really good, but someone told me they wouldn't fit with FBI's brackets. Haven't heard any negative comments about the firestones, now the easy street sleaves... they have some bad publicity

I only want airbags because coilovers and springs are permanently low, and where i live i'd mess up stuff underneath the box badly. And when slammed (parked) on bags, i think the xB looks awesome. So mainly for shows etc. and practibility. But i don't want my bags to blow out while i'm on the highway And when i think of a SS setup, i think that it would put more strain on the frame etc. I don't want that!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can tell you about some horror stories from Easy Street So far >_<

Ive blown 3 drivers side bags and they finally offered me a refund since they cant fix the problem,. I just hope the FBI kit is better!

I trust the bellowed style bags alot more then the sleeves anyday!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive blown 3 drivers side bags and they finally offered me a refund since they cant fix the problem,. I just hope the FBI kit is better!

FBI's kit IS the easy street stuff. I have heard tons of bad things with Easy Street, but they have noticed the problems and done something about it. My kit has ran perfect so far. I run the 2500lbs in the bag, I don't recommend the Easy Street REAR's.

As for the side to side thing, i like Side to side, but in the long run, it could damage something, like putting FBSS on a body dropped truck, its not good on certain points on the vehicle.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

front (easy street)
back bags (FBI)
tank
pressure switch
compressor (thomas/vlair/firestone)
valves
switch
RELAY FOR COMPRESSOR
2 DUAL NEEDLE 200PSI GAUGES
1 SINGLE NEEDLE 200 PSI GAUGE
50' OF 1/2" DOT AIRLINE
50' OF 1/4" DOT AIRLINE

am i missing anything?
Old 09-13-2005, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sittin_Pretti_Box

FBI's kit IS the easy street stuff. I have heard tons of bad things with Easy Street, but they have noticed the problems and done something about it. My kit has ran perfect so far. I run the 2500lbs in the bag, I don't recommend the Easy Street REAR's.

As for the side to side thing, i like Side to side, but in the long run, it could damage something, like putting FBSS on a body dropped truck, its not good on certain points on the vehicle.

Sittin Im talking about FBI's Rear Kit which is not easy streeta stuff, I dont have the front kit yet just because of The problems Easy Street is having all the way around

Quick Reply: whats the best air suspension kit?