Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

whats the best air suspension kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who makes Air Runner Excel?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes i would agree with excel air runners probably the best out there hands down!! I have 2 friends that have them on their xb's and they are awesome!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

how much are replacement parts for the airrunner setups? what kind of bags and compressors do they use?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bags are firestone bags and a firestone compressor. Every kit is handbuilt and produced with quality in mind. The inspection guy at Airruner is a friend of a friend and that guy is incredibly ****. He makes sure everything is complete and ready to go before it ships out. I will get pics up soon. Worry not. Im just waiting for scionnight to be over. Be on the look out for a complete review.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do they use for the fronts?

Saying that they use Firestones, do they just use bags and brackets similiar to what FBI uses or is it something to make it more reliable of an air kit..

Air Runner Being a pieced together kit of others products or do they make in house make the brackets and all?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was looking for just air runner front stuff, but they only sell it as a kit. But I got by with my Easy Streets with really no hassle at all. More info and pics on the air runner would be nice though.

I will post a few pics in a few and then go outside and snap a few under the car pics.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...045791#1045791 for pics of my car.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBOXD
Bags are firestone bags and a firestone compressor. Every kit is handbuilt and produced with quality in mind. The inspection guy at Airruner is a friend of a friend and that guy is incredibly ****. He makes sure everything is complete and ready to go before it ships out. I will get pics up soon. Worry not. Im just waiting for scionnight to be over. Be on the look out for a complete review.
can't wait for this !!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

so if you just wanted to do a FB-setup instead of a FBSS set-up, would you just need a 4port tank?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peabe
so if you just wanted to do a FB-setup instead of a FBSS set-up, would you just need a 4port tank?
You could have a tank with 2 ports to 1000000000 ports, all you would need is a lot of plugs and 4 valves. Valves control all your air flow.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

for a FB setup 4 valves? 2 in back for up/down, and 2 in front for up/down right?

from the valve you put a T fitting i'm guessing? Also, for the rear bags, don't they only have 1 line going into them? how do you tie in the "release" valve?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rebelMan
for a FB setup 4 valves? 2 in back for up/down, and 2 in front for up/down right?

from the valve you put a T fitting i'm guessing? Also, for the rear bags, don't they only have 1 line going into them? how do you tie in the "release" valve?

Yup 4 valves for Front/Back Set up

You can wire it how ever you want to wire using 1 port on the tank or multiple ports

Behold my l33t Ms paint skills

4 valve using 2 ports on a tank

Old 09-14-2005, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dude. this is not at all mocking you, so dont take it that way. that image is ALOT of help.

when people tell me instructions verbally, it takes me a couple times to try thru trial and error. if drawn once, i can pick it up in .4 seconds. hehe. thanks man!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also Just so everyone knows I just talked with Phil @ FBI and the Slam Specilties Bags will work with those brackets they sell.. Its the RS52's He just got rid of the COnitech off of his XB and put the SS on and he gets a little more lift and it rides alot better!!

Hes sending my set out today!! I cant wait
Old 09-14-2005, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peabe
dude. this is not at all mocking you, so dont take it that way. that image is ALOT of help.

when people tell me instructions verbally, it takes me a couple times to try thru trial and error. if drawn once, i can pick it up in .4 seconds. hehe. thanks man!
No prob Ill be glad to draw up any diagram of wiring you want hehe
Old 09-14-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

RS52's? awesome i'm gettin them instead! Thanks for the pic man, the "pressure" switch is some sort of sensor to let the compressor know when the tank is full?

Also, you have the 2 valves in that pic connected to eachother. How would you connect the 2? I'm assuming theres the "fill" valve, a T-fitting out, the other side as the "empty" valve, the leftover fitting would have the DOT line out to a T-fitting that splits out to the bags. Is the correct?

Also, like if i got these:

http://fbirides.com/product.asp?idno=4015

Will those be good enuf if i had a FB setup with easy street up front, SS in the back. This compressor:

http://fbirides.com/product.asp?idno=4019

Will the valves and compressor be able to handle it? I'm only going to use the bags for down when i park, up and then drive, no crazy stuff.

The one other thing i don't understand, is the valves. They have those 3 "pins" on them, how do you wire those? just a general explanation would be cool. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RS52's? awesome i'm gettin them instead! Thanks for the pic man, the "pressure" switch is some sort of sensor to let the compressor know when the tank is full?

Yup Basically Turns the Compressor On at a Certain PSI and Back off and Another..

Also, you have the 2 valves in that pic connected to eachother. How would you connect the 2? I'm assuming theres the "fill" valve, a T-fitting out, the other side as the "empty" valve, the leftover fitting would have the DOT line out to a T-fitting that splits out to the bags. Is the correct?

Yup Bascially I used a T-Fitting That is a 1/2 in pass through threaded and the Leg of the T is a 1/2 in airline fitting

Also, like if i got these:

http://fbirides.com/product.asp?idno=4015

Will those be good enuf if i had a FB setup with easy street up front, SS in the back. This compressor:

http://fbirides.com/product.asp?idno=4019

I love the Blitzluft Valves but I would prefer a ViAir Compressor.. The ViAir 450 is a 100% Duty Cycle Compressor where that one is only a 40%

Will the valves and compressor be able to handle it? I'm only going to use the bags for down when i park, up and then drive, no crazy stuff.

Yup Those will do fine but Like I said I would go with a ViAir Compressor

The one other thing i don't understand, is the valves. They have those 3 "pins" on them, how do you wire those? just a general explanation would be cool. Thanks!

Depending on your set up you actually only use two.. One Goes to ground The other goes to the switch box for that vavles function (IE Left Rear Fill / Left Rear Dump

If you are using a powered Switch Box the Valves will get there power from the switch box
Old 09-14-2005, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

the only downside to T'ing the front and rear i can see is a bit more side to side body roll... if i considered t'ing, i'd still want a way to isolate the sides...

and the reason id not put valves inside is that Whoosh noise that is a bit annoying inside, but you can use it to scare ppl outisde the WOW effect
Old 09-14-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

t'ing? is that droping the front L/R simultaneously?

also, can you wire it in a way to the switch box that you drop/raise the front, drop/raise the back or if you want drop/raise the front and back equally with one push?
Old 09-14-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

can someone post pictures of set ups rears im concerning please...

Quick Reply: whats the best air suspension kit?