Notices

19in Axis Seven Mods with Maxis Lip Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 19in Axis Seven Mods with Maxis Lip Question

Ok just order my 19in Axis seven mods with the Maxis lip. My question is will the Maxis lip fit on the front like it will the rear. I heard of Front Caliper problems. I bought them from WheelsNext and the guy said he was going to give me the Maxis lip for no extra cost. I hope he is Just going to send me 2 of them with the maxis lip so I can put them on the rear if not I am screwed if the front doesn't fit. Thanks
Old 04-11-2004, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

i got my wheels from wheelsnext. and everywhere i go first three things.

1. thats a nice car
2. those are nice wheels
3. great color
Old 04-13-2004, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just got off the phone with Axis and they told me That the rims I ordered would not fit the front with the maxis lip, So I called wheelsnext back and they are telling me when I get them just to make sure they won't fit. I told him since he shipped all of them with the Maxis lip he would have to stop shipment of them and fix the problem, He then tells me it would cost him Money to fix this problem. What should I do.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

The Maxis lip wont work in the front.
They have 3 Scion xB at Axis and they have tried different fitments before.

The back one you should be fine though.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

actually with mine we have 4 xbs, and the new intern is getting his sisters xb, so itll be 5 soon, damn thats a lot of boxces, and yesthe brakecalipers hit the spokes, due to the way the wheels are made in the center neccessary for the maxxis lip, so get only two, when you get them look at the center under the cap and youll see why this is

brent
Old 04-17-2004, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

to add to that on the rear you may need to run a 5 mill spacer due to tire sizing, it may rub on your trailing arms, so if you bolt them up and it doesnt want tot roll, all you need is a 5 mill spacer, i know the tcevo need a 5 mill to cleart my trailing arms

brent
Old 04-21-2004, 04:18 AM
5 Year Member

can't you just grind or shave a little off the calipers?
Old 04-25-2004, 10:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the rim dosnt rub on the caliper(non-maxxis) it rubs on the trailing arm, and i personally wouldnt trim that, and with the maxis, its wayyyyy to much trimming, you may be able to get it on if you ran smaller brakes, but there is no way in hell to get amaxis on the front in my opnion

brent
Old 04-25-2004, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

If the spoke rubs on the trailing arm, why not run a spacer? How hard is that to figure out?

Run some 19x11's on the rear and you'll be good.

Andrew
Old 04-25-2004, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

its the tire that rubs, and yes running a spacer is the easy thing to do and witht the maxis its beacuse of how the center of the rim is pushed out and the spokes go back farther to create the arger lip, it would need more spacer than safe, and would push the rim waaaaay out of the wheelwell

brent
Old 04-28-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tinybigrig
the rim dosnt rub on the caliper(non-maxxis) it rubs on the trailing arm, and i personally wouldnt trim that, and with the maxis, its wayyyyy to much trimming, you may be able to get it on if you ran smaller brakes, but there is no way in hell to get amaxis on the front in my opnion

brent
Hmmm what's interesting is this rubbing of the inner rim against the suspension is actually a product of offset, not "maxis lip." Or at least it shouldn't. The whole "Maxis Lip" concept is just a gross misnomer on disk fitment, and a wheel of a specific offset should be the same as another of the same width and offset, even if the disk is different. But if you have a non "maxis lip" wheel of a certain width and offset, and another with the "maxis lip" in the same fitment, and the maxis one rubs, then we know for a fact that those fitment numbers mean nothing for those wheels. hmmmm....
Old 04-29-2004, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

actually i think your incorrect, the offset is corredt, however the caliper clearance is different because the spokes run back farther, as far as the rubbing on the trailing arm it goes for any wheel that is not the correct fit for your car, so because of the spokes curve there is not ample clearance for the caliper on the front

brent
Old 04-29-2004, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is exactly what I meant... if a 19x8", +42mm non-maxis wheel does not have any interference problems with the rear suspension beam, then a 19x8", +42mm maxis wheel *should* also have no problems because it's inner lip, outer lip, and mounting pad are all at the exact same locations. The only difference is in the thickness of the mounting pad, which dictates the distance from the back side of the spokes to the hub. So again, if someone says that they had a fitment problem against the rear suspension beam with the maxis wheel, but not with the non-maxis wheel, or vice versa, then that is definitely cause for concern.

Oh yah, and the 19x8", +42mm fitment I mentioned was just an arbitrary size I threw out as an example... not sure what the Axis' really are.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i totaly agree, sorry i was confused, i was thinking front wheel and spoke rub on the caliper
and yeah there would be a problem if the reaer rubbed on a maxis but not on a non maxis

brent