Notices

20 inch wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member

Default 20 inch wheels

i lowered my xb 2 inches and i want to put twenties on it how much trouble is it to do this with out alot of rubbing goin on
Old 06-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

you're gonna have to raise that car back up man.. sorry
Old 06-08-2004, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

NOT TRUE...i had 20's on mine with a 2" drop and i drove everyday.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's cool. I have dubz but unless you get the same old TIS wheels, have fun running dubz. I would go with 19'z if I could do it all over again!
Old 06-08-2004, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

20 inch rims look like crap on this car...car is to small for that large of a rim
Old 06-09-2004, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member

What did you have to remove to make em fit w/o rubbing.... Probally not going to lower but is there any other issues w/ rubbing?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Originally Posted by llamabob
had? on an xB? I highly doubt that. 20s only work with a 1" drop at most and there still is a little cutting to get em to fit. and if you go 2", you have to roll the fenders and cut away at some plastic in the wheel well.

you CAN'T put 20s with a 2" drop and not have to do any work.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by showpaojoe
had? on an xB? I highly doubt that. 20s only work with a 1" drop at most and there still is a little cutting to get em to fit. and if you go 2", you have to roll the fenders and cut away at some plastic in the wheel well.

so im a liar? i "HAD" only because someone offered me an awesome amount for them. otherwise i would still have them. and YES it was with a 2" drop and i would load the hell out of my car and drive it all over the place. i use my box for picking up merchandise. i once had it filled with 2 set of 22" wheels and 8 tires.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

ohh yea...
Old 06-09-2004, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so im a liar? i "HAD" only because someone offered me an awesome amount for them. otherwise i would still have them. and YES it was with a 2" drop and i would load the hell out of my car and drive it all over the place. i use my box for picking up merchandise. i once had it filled with 2 set of 22" wheels and 8 tires.

Damn and I left my BS flag at home crap....anyways I am calling BS
Old 06-09-2004, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

well when u get home and find your flag make sure to ram it in your ___ and sniff it for me. i only talk from experience, not a 16 y/o with wet dreams of 26's on my scion. [/quote]
Old 06-09-2004, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well when u get home and find your flag make sure to ram it in your ___ and sniff it for me. i only talk from experience, not a 16 y/o with wet dreams of 26's on my scion.
[/quote]

Is this really called for? I doubt it.....
Old 06-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

If it was that easy, you would see "Dub Box" sitting with a 2" and his wheels were 20x7.5 What were yours? He had minor adjustments made to fit them with the 1" drop and he said, along with everyone else I have personally talked to who ride 20s, that there was a lot involved to get 2" to ride perfectly.

You make it seem like they bolt in with a 2" drop without having to do anything. If this was true, everyone would be doing it. Oviously you have big rims on an xB but the process is what the guy needs to know. How did you get them to fit?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

dont call BS on something you dont know about....whether or not its called for or not you are the idiot quoting me and calling what i say "BS". i never said that i didnt have to do some cutting to make it work...but that doesnt matter cuz you have to cut the hell out of the car to even get the wheel on the hub.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it was that easy, you would see "Dub Box" sitting with a 2" and his wheels were 20x7.5 What were yours? He had minor adjustments made to fit them with the 1" drop and he said, along with everyone else I have personally talked to who ride 20s, that there was a lot involved to get 2" to ride perfectly.

You make it seem like they bolt in with a 2" drop without having to do anything. If this was true, everyone would be doing it. Oviously you have big rims on an xB but the process is what the guy needs to know. How did you get them to fit?

A whole lot of coping and pasting?
Old 06-09-2004, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

i cut the same part of the side skirt that everyone else did to get the 20's to fit. i used the TIS 03 which is a 20x7.5 with is 225-35-20 nitto 555. my car is lowered 2 inches and after that i simply removed the plastic linings in both the front and rear of the car and thats about it. i never said it was easy. someone said it was not possible, i simply replied.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well when u get home and find your flag make sure to ram it in your ___ and sniff it for me. i only talk from experience, not a 16 y/o with wet dreams of 26's on my scion.
[/quote]

LOL
Old 06-09-2004, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43957

Just found this...Hot Lava with 20's and 2 inch lowering springs.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default thanks

Thanks for that link....im in the market for 20's, just got back from the dealership and got a few sets to look at..i like those on ebay though...lots of spokes..fills in the wheel wells nicely...thinkin of biddin on em.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:26 AM
autosound

i khave 20's on mine, foose rims with bfg 225-30-20's and it did rub like a mutherf@cker i have eibach springs and the front were cut, so the wheels are tucked inside, they rub when you are going in and out of driveways and u turns......... so i think im lower than 2" drop so please dont say it cant be done... if i had to do it over again i would go back to 19's though

Quick Reply: 20 inch wheels