Notices

5 lug conversion. possibly new info

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member

Default 5 lug conversion. possibly new info

This is for the people that may be interested in doing 5 lug conversion. I have been researching this topic for a while now and here are my findings.

First of all so far I have only found 5x100 information. I haven't been able to find 5x114.3 which IMO is more desirable.

It looks like the corolla rear wheel hub is identical to ours. This car has a solid rear axle and rear drums. The only difference is the 5x100 lug pattern. I have seen the rear end of a corolla but have not been able to experiment (My friend is a puss). From what I can see it'll bolt right in. Also from my findings the centerbore of a corolla is 54.1 mm, the same as the xB. This makes it easy when doing the front. What you would do is buy corolla hubs, brakes and obviously wheels. Bolt everything in the rear. If you have the time and money maybe do a disc brake conversion as well. You have to have the corolla with ABS sensor. I may be wrong but I'm not sure they all come with ABS. I know this didn't make sense to me either but I had to say it just in case. For the front you simply weld your stud mounting holes and redrill the 5x100 pattern since the centerbore is exactly the same. Redrilling your hubs is a common practice done by minitruckers who wanted 5 lug wheels on their 6 lug mazdas. My minitrucker friends say it is also safe to just redrill without welding if youre concerned. This makes some sense to me (think about dual pattern wheels 4x100 and 5x100 in one wheel). I am including some pictures for y'all to see. Please let me know what you think of this information. I hope this is new and helps you guys out. I'm in the process of moving but plan on pursuing this further as soon as I get settled in.

xB rear wheel hub

Corolla hub front

Corolla hub rear

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

Modify at your own risk. I am in no way responsible for any damages done to your car by my recommendation. You cannot sue me if something goes wrong with your car.

Have a good weekend y'all and I hope I've been helpful
Sam
Old 05-06-2008, 05:16 AM

bump
Anyone try this, or anymore info, kinda curious myself
Old 05-06-2008, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like 4 lug
Old 05-06-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

5-lug Corolla S models have rear disc, I've been thinking about looking into this, but never have the money to get started.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member

I believe its only the S model Corolla that has rear disc. I finally got moved in and will be looking around for pick-n-pull junkyards. If I find one I'll be the guinea pig, I have a second car to use if I need to.