Notices

fatlip and offset lovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The guy is keeping his offset a "secret" because he doesn't even know it!

He keeps saying that he's not sure of the offset, but how could you order a set of expensive wheels like that and not know completely what you are buying.

My guess is that he just wanted a flush look--and still doesn't know the offset he has, but since they did all the work for him (even picked out his offsets and held them hostage from him) and he just handed them a check, you see the car you see now.

How can any company (Jline) expect customers to pay their prices and yet they can't even answer a simple question about their OWN wheels? So rediculous--he swares he is something special, again, these are just GIOVANNA wheels trying to cash in on the "ohhhhhhhhhh JDM!" trend that is going around--thus create a new line of wheels with neat big lips that all the people want and charge and arm and a leg and don't answer questions when asked. Seems like same old Giovanna practice to me.

Bottom line, why spend such a large amount of money on these things, when the owner clearly doesn't respect it's customer base--when you can spend the same amount and get tried and tested wheels from good manufacturers such as Volk Racing/Work Super Wheels/etc. etc.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

are we speaking of hte white jlin xb? that doesnt know his offsets?
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

To all the people that posted after me...THANK YOU for real, and helpful answers. I have sent an email to the onetongarage website...I am actually excited to hear his response!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by quadoptix
The white Jline xB, when asked about what his offsets were, replied with "it's confidential information, can't give it out".

That can be understood by reading the previous post, at least from what I understand.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't say he didn't know them, he wouldn't disclose the numbers to me...He said they were "confidential" or some ____ like that.

The poster of this thread doesn't know his offsets...I think that's the confusion.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

and as for stan the owner of jline posting the pics..hes not even on this site...a customer of his posted the picsof his car. not him. oh btw, he does know his offsets n widths on his wheels..he does his own measurements as well as any customer that wants to get a custom offset done. he asks you what u want, how u want hte wheel to sit, and then measures up your car and starts doing the math. how do i know? Stan (jline owner) also has the same rims badged DTM Kreuz. I owned a set for my mercedes, and a lot of my friends have them for their euros. stans wheels quality and strength are great. he doesnt release the offsets of his wheels because its business. IE he gives out the 411 and you go out n order iforges, volks, works, or whatever w/ the same measurements..u just jacked his offsets and wasted his time. if you truly are serious bout the wheels, he will be serious w/ you
Old 01-05-2005, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

u just jacked his offsets and wasted his time. if you truly are serious bout the wheels, he will be serious w/ you
Since when did wheel measurements become guarded secrets? Sounds like he's trying to corner an unnatainable market.

Tell you what, when I get my wheels I'll post up several pictures complete with detailed specs of measurements, diameters, and even tire pressure...Hows that?
Old 01-05-2005, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

C'mon man--you are telling me that people actually look to his pictures just so they can order offsets of different wheels?!

If people have the money to buy wheels like volk, etc--I would hope they have the brain to do their own research as well as get offset numbers from multiple sources--and not just a phone call to stan.

The real reason why he doesn't disclose it--is because he wants to be a jerk, and not have people bite his "style".

Sorry--aqua blue Jlines aren't exactly my style...but what do I know, i'm just a ricer anyway right?

Drop the superiority complex--it's making Jline look like a bunch of idiots.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by picklewagon
u just jacked his offsets and wasted his time. if you truly are serious bout the wheels, he will be serious w/ you
Since when did wheel measurements become guarded secrets? Sounds like he's trying to corner an unnatainable market.

Tell you what, when I get my wheels I'll post up several pictures complete with detailed specs of measurements, diameters, and even tire pressure...Hows that?

cool good for you.

what i mean is if you want his setup...do ur own measurements. thats what he did. dont take sh*t so personal. its amazing how personal people get over the net. its great u want to share ur info over the net. some people dont thats them. hooray if u do
Old 01-05-2005, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool good for you.

what i mean is if you want his setup...do ur own measurements. thats what he did. dont take sh*t so personal. its amazing how personal people get over the net. its great u want to share ur info over the net. some people dont thats them. hooray if u do
Yeah hooray for me because I'm a cool guy, I don't guard wheel offsets cause I'm scared someone is going to "bite" my style so I don't win the Import Ho-off trophy. I'm here to help people, not shine them on when they need help. Things that need to be kept secret are things like sleeping with your buddies girlfriends, or how much money you make...Not wheel sizes. I can see if he put some huge effort into measuring wheels, but it probably took him a few minutes worth of work. If it makes a difference he should go into the offset business and charge people five bucks per wheel that he measures... :?
Old 01-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

If you are getting Equip 03's, and you know the look that YOU want, the business that's ordering it should be able to give you some guidance as to what offset will work and what is available.

With 15x8 you'll prolly want an offset around +30 for flush fit.

I bet the business you're ordering from didn't even suggest that.

And you can let everyone know a 40 year old Senior Drill SGT gave you this info.

I've got the prices taken care of, that's not an issue...And the wheels are no where near $3 grand...And no, I'm going with smaller wheels...More like 15x8. I don't want flashy VIP wheels, I'm looking at the Work Equip 03's. They have several models of that wheel though, a normal face and a deep dish version. I of course want the latter. There is a guy on this site that had something similar at what I'm going for. I'm just worried that something with a lower offset number is actually going to stick out of my fender giving me that early 90's lowrider look...Which I don't want.

And for all the people that helped, thanks...Rest assured I'm not an 18 yr. old kid fixing up his first car. More like a 26 yr old military guy who's bored with what he has now.

EDIT: The reason why I posted originally, is because I contacted the owner of the white xB that sells the JLine wheels, and he would not disclose the offset #'s, claiming they were "confidential". I thought that was a bit rediculous and selfish, and decided not to do business with them for that reason alone.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have seen quite a few retarded things on the net and I must say 'guarding' your offset numbers takes the cake.

I wonder if he actually has them in a vault or a safe deposit box at fort knox anyhow screw jline I would not buy ____ from them just judging from the feedback I have heard so far.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man! everyone take things too damn seriously.

I know I wanted a good sized lip and a flush look to my wheels and ride. why would it matter if I dont care what the offset is if I'm happy with them. I shopped around. I did my research before I handed them a check. I'm not that stupid.

I assume they are between 20-30+ DONE! There is enough information around the net for anyone to find out what they "PERSONALLY" want.

What it all comes down to, at least for me is "the LOOK" I am going for.

So have your opinions and to each his own. I am a satisfied customer.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
If you are getting Equip 03's, and you know the look that YOU want, the business that's ordering it should be able to give you some guidance as to what offset will work and what is available.

With 15x8 you'll prolly want an offset around +30 for flush fit.

I bet the business you're ordering from didn't even suggest that.

And you can let everyone know a 40 year old Senior Drill SGT gave you this info.

I haven't even contacted a supplier yet because I want to know all the facts before I entrust someones opinion on the phone with a $2000 set of wheels...So, you are correct in your statement that they didn't suggest it, because I have yet to contact anyone.

And FYI, the reason I brought my age up is because people automatically assume you're a kid if you own a Scion and treat you as such...I was getting reactions like "yeah this is some kid dreaming of owning pricey wheels..." etc. and I wanted real world answers, not bull____ assumtions from people entertaining some 17yr olds pipe dreams. Maybe as a 40 yr old Sr Drill Sgt you can see that...
Old 01-05-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait, so why is everyone crying about offset? it's not a secret, sure the jline guy may be guarding his numbers because it's his work.. big deal? offset takes what, 5 minutes to measure?

look up offset on the internet. the space from the mounting face of the wheel to the outside edge. you know the size of the wheel you want, so all you need to measure is the distance from your brake rotor's mounting hub out to whereever you want the wheel to sit.

it's not brain surgery. for example, the guy that posted his 17x8 volk gt-7's a while ago did show that he was able to use +26 offset in the front.. just start with those numbers and go?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Picklewagon, take a chill pill.

If you go thru a Work wheel distributor like Auto RnD, you don't have to worry about "entrusting someone's opinion". Rishie and his crew are more than well versed at what they do.

You were the one that stated:

I need offset numbers...Everyone is keeping them ultra-hush-hush and I don't know why...

They're just wheels guys, share with everyone so we can buy some wheels too...Ive been trying to pin down the perfect offset for a set of Work's I've been wanting to get, but to no avail. Someone please help a guy out!
But I didn't see a wheel width. I can see that!

You just can't go and ask a question about what offset will work unless you also post a wheel width.

So before you start in on other peeps and saying they are keeping secrets, why don't you read the WHOLE reply before responding.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Everyone makes valid points...but let me ask each and every one of you this.

Say you show up to a car meet, and are just walking around checking out all the rides, trying to enjoy yourself...you come upon a nice lookiing car with some sick wheels.

You proceed to greet the owner, and inquire about the offset of his wheels, because you think they look trick and would just like to know what he did to get the look--common practice, no?

He replies to your question with "sorry man, that's my own info, I can't tell you because it's confidential information".

You are telling me that you would be fine and ok with someone saying that to you...? And you WOULDN'T think this guy is a little bit a jerk?!

And here is the KICKER--the guy who blew you off-- is the SALESPERSON FOR THE FREAKIN WHEELS.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by JDMxB

Say you show up to a car meet, and are just walking around checking out all the rides, trying to enjoy yourself...you come upon a nice lookiing car with some sick wheels.

You proceed to greet the owner, and inquire about the offset of his wheels, because you think they look trick and would just like to know what he did to get the look--common practice, no?

He replies to your question with "sorry man, that's my own info, I can't tell you because it's confidential information".

You are telling me that you would be fine and ok with someone saying that to you...? And you WOULDN'T think this guy is a little bit a jerk?!

And here is the KICKER--the guy who blew you off-- is the SALESPERSON FOR THE FREAKIN WHEELS.
Maybe when the question was asked, the wheels weren't ready to be released to the public? Maybe the guy said it jokingly? Maybe the details weren't finalized yet?

When I took a tour of the different MOMO plants in Italy back in '89, there were alot of products I saw that I wasn't given info about. Mainly in the R&D dept.

All I know is, which isn't very much, just about everything I learned about offset came from the internet, and having friends who work/own tire shops.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

totally understand u htere jason..let me bring up a question myself...i have dealt w/ a lot of people in my time w/ the whole car parts business. people that call me askin info and not one question on pricing, usually just want 411 and go huntin for the stuff elsewhere... stan's gotten that a lot in the past cause he use to own a shop himself. he's just tired of the same thing i am. He's known in the euro community and granted, he's not number one person to give out every detail on what he does wether its his wheels or some other product, but he still does well for himself. If you dont want his wheels, then just dont get them. If you want the offsets so bad just go measure it out. nah i mean jason? people on the net need to stop takin sh*t seriously, and i dont mean u jason i know ur level bout all this.

In short if u want the offsets why dont u just go measure it up yourself? It's not THAT hard.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is it common practice for Wheel Companies to give out custom offset information to just anyone? Wonder if HRE gives out offset information.

and... he did say " sorry man" :oops:

Quick Reply: fatlip and offset lovers