Notices

matte black rota subzero/ toyo proxies 4 tires? a go

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Default matte black rota subzero/ toyo proxies 4 tires? a go

I just bought those exact rims and tires. The rims are a 45mm offset according to the dude I bought em from. He had the exact ones on his black box, so I just bought some extended lugs for it because I have to use spacers he gave me. So i took the car to my bro who is a store manager at discount tire and he gives me a big schmeel speel on how his sister is NOT riding her box with spacers because they are unsafe. he said my 5mm spacers are horrible and he wouldnt put them on for me because peoples wheels fly off and die. etc. so what do you guys think, are spacers good or bad?! I would really like to believe TONS of people have them as I have seen, plus I only paid $ 250 for my rims and tires! what a great deal. they have the low pro tires and my car is thunder cloud metallic... whatcha say? yay or nay?
i cant post pictures my html is off? but here they are

http://www.forum-auto.com/tuning/sec...385597-525.htm
Old 07-19-2009, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

are you only needing them in front?
Old 07-19-2009, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scinergy

I'm not a fan of the universal wheel spacers. There are other methods that work just as well. One of the things you should make sure of, the spacers are hub centric rather than lug centric. A really good alternative would be to get some 10mm hub spacers for the rear. You can get a really good set from randode.com (mad props to that guy). That will take care of the rear offset problem.

Now then, many people run these spacers, even some of the drfters/racers run them. They push the wheel out for a wider stance and improve handling quickly and cheaply. So if you aren't some heavy cornering freak who likes the thrill of making sure everyone in the car knows where the OH SNAP handles are, you should be just fine. Just don't let your brother know.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:46 PM

hahaha, yes I only need them in the back. The front I guess was good according to the guy.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Definately go with hub spacers then. I should have a bunch more next week, if you don't find any before then.