Notices

Mother Of All Sportmax 002 Threads

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mother Of All Sportmax 002 Threads

I figured maybe this can be the starting point of a sportmax 002 thread so we won't have 15 sportmax 002 threads popping up a day and those of us interested in getting them won't get yelled at!

I am looking to get a set of sportmax 002s for my box, I talked to a guy on ebay selling them in 15x8 and he told me I will have no problems rubbing if I run stechs instead of df210s because they are not as low. Having been screwed in the past buy someone selling rims and sayin I would not have issue and not being able to find the answer doing a search I figured I would ask here

I am probably going to run 205/50s which is what I have heard is suggested for a decent ride.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

well you shouldnt trust that guy. You wont rub as much as you would if you sat lower but you will rub when encountering certain driving situations such as entering driveways at an angle or hit a dip/bump during cornering. I wont even go into if you have people in the back.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the reply, what is the best suggestion do you think? I don't mind rolling but with the somewhat less than stellar quality of the paint on our rides I am really freaked out about rolling and having it crack on me (even if done properly, heated correctly etc) so I was trying to avoid that as all costs.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member

why if you use stock ride height and stock size tires? hhhmmmm
Old 11-14-2006, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im thinking about getting 002s for my xA. will 15x8 rub with a 2'' drop?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackbox1
why if you use stock ride height and stock size tires? hhhmmmm
I am not sure if you are going 15x8, but I am pretty sure I saw someone mention they did this and streched the stock tires and one fell off getting on the highway so I would suggest not doing so. The wheel is just too wide and the stock tires are kind of crappy from what I have seen people post about them.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I am running the 002 with the tein s in frount it rubs when i hit a pot hole or have pasengers on rough roads stock springs in the back and not even close to rubbing. just my 2 cents

^^^^I killed my lip going camping a mounth ago it still hurts to look @ it^^^^

^^^ not a ton of room but i dont rub all that often^^^
Old 11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ezbaked,
do you mind if you can take a full frontal pic (just like the 1st pic) just to show how much the tire and rim stick out from the fender.
thanks,
sid
Old 11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would also love to see a full side shot, never thought of just lowring the front to prevent problems in the back.. Don't really need the really low look with the deep 15's
Old 11-14-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

YEA I will post picks later some time after 3pm sacramento time still @ work.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by OKIHost
Thanks for the reply, what is the best suggestion do you think? I don't mind rolling but with the somewhat less than stellar quality of the paint on our rides I am really freaked out about rolling and having it crack on me (even if done properly, heated correctly etc) so I was trying to avoid that as all costs.
Buy some wheels that have a better offset. 002s are awesome, but they simply stick out a half inch too far for my liking. I have a set of 15 x 8 Works that also have a low offset but my car doesn't look like a Wrangler with tires sticking out of the side. If youre going to do the 002's, be prepared to do it right and get flares and the necessary bodywork done.

Regarding rolling fenders-
Yes our paint is crappy and it does have a tendency to chip easily. Some people have rolled their fenders without cracking the paint and some have cracked theirs. I have a small crack in mine underneath from rolling mine. I never quite understood the whole idea of using a heat gun to "soften" the paint. Do people not realize that paint is heated and baked to dry it and make it harder? The only thing you are doing by heating the paint is making the metal more pliable. The paint may soften the tiniest bit but I personally dont think it helps that much.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Use the search!

Seriously, fitment sucks with these wheels. I just recently sold mine and I have no regrets. I was on DF210s, -3 camber in the rears with 195/45s and still rubbed with my fenders rolled. From certain angles, my car looked like a lowrider with wire wheels and reverse offset... haha!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

YEA i am totaly saveing up for carbon fiber fender fllares and coilovers . i dont think camber would be any good for these wheels probbly just make it cut the tire insted of just rubing it.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These wheels are WACK@!!! They don't have the right offset. You definitely need fender flares if you are running them. People are only buying them because they are dirt cheap.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I am pretty much looking for the look of them, love the lip as it reminds me of some of the old school reverse offset rides back in the early 90's

There does not seem to be much available that will not kill the bank (read: $300/per wheel) and it seems some people are having problems and some are not which I find really weird..

maxncheese had some nice wheels a while back too but I have been unable to find those anywhere think they were revolutions.

on another note would http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-WH...49529381QQrdZ1 those fit better?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Following suit I guess...I just got the 002s...they're being delivered on Friday. My s-techs arrived today...now I'm thinking about not dropping and just going with the wheels...any rubbing issues then?

I hate to have such a huge gap, but then again, having to roll or have body mods done on a budget just seems a bit much.

I like the rims...I think they look great and I'm sticking with them...i'd sell the s-techs I think before having to make any potentially harmful mods with rolling or add expenses with flares etc...

My two cents anyways...damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Old 11-14-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I know that there are rubbing issues with the 15x8 but what about the 15x7?? This is what I was looking forward to getting and was looking for anyone with experience concerning the 15x7 rather than the 15x8.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o have the df210's with the sport max 002 i rub in the rear but i wont after my OTG spacers and camber kit comes in
Old 11-14-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lancer
o have the df210's with the sport max 002 i rub in the rear but i wont after my OTG spacers and camber kit comes in
Did you roll your fenders? How bad is the rubbing as it is now?
Old 11-15-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You might rub more because your pushing the rims out farther with the spacers.

I was thinking about picking up these rims because they also remind of the old days with the reverse offset like someone mentioned.

Originally Posted by lancer

Quick Reply: Mother Of All Sportmax 002 Threads