Notices

Mother Of All Sportmax 002 Threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:12 PM

Its the same concept as rolling the inside, just taken one step further. Instead of simply rolling the inside lip flat, you use the same tool to pull the fenders out a tad, usually about 5-10mm. Like I said before though, USE A HEATGUN. Ive never done it on a scion so Im not sure how the paint will react, but better safe then sorry.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

so I could get the same result with a hammer?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:03 PM

hahahaha definitely not, a rubber mallet works OK to roll the inside lip, but pulling the fender out from the stock location is a different ballgame. Youre going to need a fender roller and a blow dryer at least, but would be a lot safer with a heatgun.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by skillzilla
hahahaha definitely not, a rubber mallet works OK to roll the inside lip, but pulling the fender out from the stock location is a different ballgame. Youre going to need a fender roller and a blow dryer at least, but would be a lot safer with a heatgun.
huh, that IS funny b/c I have already done this and it worked out fine, I just asked to see what you would say being that you seem to be the all knowing about this.

I will not be cambering the rear i think it looks dumb IMO. This just goes to show that there are always other ways to make stuff work.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 PM

ummm, so you pulled your fenders out from the stock location using a rubber mallet? Got any pics with some glare on it?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

thats what I said, but I used a 2.5 lb sledge hammer, the glare i will try but I got chalk board paint so there is no glare.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:36 AM

hmmmm, well, call me a skeptic or a pessimist but Ill have to see it to believe it. Its very difficult to get the pull even across the quarterpanel, let alone matching on both sides, using more conventional means. But, if you say you did and it looks good, kudos to you. Still would like to see some pics though.

And just out of curiousity, how does this in any way negate the information I posted before? You managed to do something that I highly advised against doing, and the jury is out on how well you actually did it. Lets say for arguments sake your work does look really good, shouldnt you simply be proud of that fact?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

here's pics of the gothbox

Old 02-27-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh and the dents on the drivers side are not from a previos accident.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

hmmmm, well, call me a skeptic or a pessimist but Ill have to see it to believe it. Its very difficult to get the pull even across the quarterpanel, let alone matching on both sides, using more conventional means. But, if you say you did and it looks good, kudos to you. Still would like to see some pics though.

And just out of curiousity, how does this in any way negate the information I posted before? You managed to do something that I highly advised against doing, and the jury is out on how well you actually did it. Lets say for arguments sake your work does look really good, shouldnt you simply be proud of that fact?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:02 AM

Dude I can see wobblez on your right rear even in that pic from 10 feet away. The other pics dont even look pulled at all. Nice try though, care to post some in-focus close-ups, maybe some before and afters from the same angles?

Yeah, thought so.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dude I can see wobblez on your right rear even in that pic from 10 feet away. The other pics dont even look pulled at all. Nice try though, care to post some in-focus close-ups, maybe some before and afters from the same angles?
Yeah, thought so.

well, I never said I was done with it. and b/c it is MIDNIGHT I can't go out and start snapping pics, "yea thought so".

and all those pics are from the same day, so I don't know how in the other pics they don't look pulled.

And me caring if you like it or not

[/quote]Yeah, thought so
Old 02-27-2007, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Jumps in and raises hand. OOOOh ooooh me me pick me! I can post pics of just about everything he has done to his box including wheels if youwant me to jsut so you can tell the difference lol hahahahaha.

sorry had to say it ;O)
Old 02-27-2007, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Anyway before the qrguing gets out of hand. What gothbox did worked. He had rubbing issues when he first put them on and tested them out. Then he went back corrected the problem with his handy dandy hammer. What he did was good enough to win his first place at a show so "wabbles" or not at least he can drive with out rubbing constantly So in my book that means all is good in da hood lol. ok that was cheesy but oh well .
Old 02-27-2007, 04:24 PM

I agree 100%. He was rubbing, he pounded his fenders out with a hammer, and now he doesnt rub.

Does it look OEM? I dont know. I doubt it, but I would have to see better pics. Even so, who cares? If you like it, thats all that matters right? Me personally, I wouldn't mangle my OEM quarterpanels to fit $250 wheels, but hey...
Old 02-27-2007, 04:32 PM

Oh and post some pics man, this isnt a competition, its a discussion. Make a write up about how you did it and post it up, share the knowledge.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

:utting on flame suit::

Arent we just talking about rolling fenders? Why did it get all offensive/defensive.
Skillzilla obviously knows his stuff. Gothbox, your box is cool, very different. I like the idea of people being able to write on my box and wash it off. But usnt this site supposed to be about learningfrom eachother.

Maybe you should check out some positive mentalities

try bbsquad.net
Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what could i use at home to cut my fenders even more then they already are? (equip03's +10 )

a dremel?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I agree 100%. He was rubbing, he pounded his fenders out with a hammer, and now he doesnt rub.

Does it look OEM? I dont know. I doubt it, but I would have to see better pics. Even so, who cares? If you like it, thats all that matters right? Me personally, I wouldn't mangle my OEM quarterpanels to fit $250 wheels, but hey...
I don't care if it looks OEM, or not. I will get fender flares later anyways. Thats part of modding your car is not being scared to do stuff yourself. And the wheels are $395 plus tires at $285.........

I never said it was perfect, or that I was done. I was just stating that there is more than one way to fix something.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by JDMbB83
:utting on flame suit::

Arent we just talking about rolling fenders? Why did it get all offensive/defensive.
Skillzilla obviously knows his stuff. Gothbox, your box is cool, very different. I like the idea of people being able to write on my box and wash it off. But usnt this site supposed to be about learningfrom eachother.

Maybe you should check out some positive mentalities

try bbsquad.net
I thought this site was about bringing all scion owners together, to discuss about what they have done to the car AND learn from others.

So you are saying that I should not be on this site?
That is fine with me, I like the Scion Evolution site better anyways b/c of all the people on here that always know more than the other guy and hate on you for doing something diff.

I don't have a "bb" so why would I want to be on a "bb" site?

Quick Reply: Mother Of All Sportmax 002 Threads