Notices

Redline tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Redline tires?

any one heard or seen them?

is there any info on them i.e. a web site ive looked(yes the search button works)
the search hit the old school ones, the saturn ion redline, the movie........... but nothing on the new tires

no contact info, no info at all. some vw people use them but no one has contacted me back(i first saw them in a UK vw mag.)

if you dont know what im talking about, think old school 60's red stripe tires but in modern high tech style or a high tech hot wheel

im looking for 215-40r-17's

any help would be great

(im not asking for opinions just info on a brand of tire!) please no jokers, if you have no info please do not coment
thank you
Old 04-01-2007, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey dude, I've looked into these as well after seeing them on the Discount Tire ad.

They are the Nitto NTRD1 Redline. Unfortunately I've only been able to find them in 255/45/18. It's some kind of Corvette/muscle car sizing.

You should also look into Coker Tire they make redlines, whitewalls, etc for classic cars. They might have the size you're looking for.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

Default Redline tires

Is this what you were looking for?
http://store.coker.com/home.php?cat=284
Old 04-01-2007, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the vw's stock are 17's and ive seen them on stock vw rims the 2k+ models
so maybe nitto arent the ones (yeah i saw the vette/LS1 site) and i think they might be discontinued or some thing but hey i could be wrong

in a american import mag i saw them listed as Redlines but no info and the web site didnt have them at all

and the cokers are old repros. for stock mucle car restorations but thanx for trying and are 50 series side wall/way too tall not what i was looking 4

im gonna keep trying some body has to know something

and thanx for your guy's help
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the Nitto redlines in the Discount Tire ad are SUV tires. Nothing to fit a Scion.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Darren jump on some Falkens broseff.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup, Falkens. sticky and inexpensive @ discount.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow this is funny

tires are tires the suv/car tire thing is bs! unless were talking biasplys vs radials

the us market is the only one that states suv, truck, car, sub compact a 215-40r-17 can be a truck tire too!!!!!!! white walls are not made for fwds but you still see them from time to time

what matters is total load limits and fittment nothing else the letter rateing system is a crock too! try to find salt flat tires! (land speed record type) goodyear are the only ones i know of Z rated uesd to mean 215+mph try finding 380+mph

all that sudividing is to keep the lawers happy....... if the tire fits!...........just like the wheels i want made.......centerlines are not for fwds, total B.S.! bolt patters and backspacing! are what matters

its a wheel as long as the backspacing clears its no problem

im looking for a giant hot wheel look

ive never had a prob with dunlops race series tires on any car ive had the ones i have now are fine(hankooks i think i gotta look) i just want a different style

X-patterns and advans i like but dont need them

idk about the who what & wheres im going for a look it doesnt have to make sense just like 20 dvd screens (yuk) ive never had tire squeal or hop yet ive only got a 100+hp no need for sticky its a xb not a ferrari

i just think the redlines look sweet! and different you know what i mean?

sorry i would like to stay on topic you guys are trying its cool
Old 04-05-2007, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

want redlines for the HotWheel look? that's what I was originally thinking too. Look into the muscle car mags. Redline tires were popular in the 60's.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^yep your right

hot wheels were started at the peak of the muscle car era

red lines were sport tires in their time, most were an option and the start of radial tires!-H.W. are losely based on cragar SS wheels with redline tires!( i have a few original H.W.'s including a purple Beatnik Bandit!) a popular combo

so i guess im going "modern retro sport" or "retro-tech" lol

high tech and classic at the same time! dunno i just like them and the look

im glad to see a interest, and people who at least know what im talking about for a change

60's-70's tires can be done but might not be safe, sidewall support issues but if a muscle car can perform with them whos to say other wise( never fall for the "they dont make them for that" line, thats just a closed mind talking with no imagination!)

the modern redlines are low profile sport tires, the ones that can be found are i think 18's that are really wide/ the corvette wheels are more likley to fit 17x9"F-18x10"R wheels( im sill looking for a pic just to help with identifiying them! )

wich could fit if i wanted 18's but i have a cool set of 17x8"s im happy with

anyway jdm wheels with 5 spokes and red lines would totaly look like a high tech H.W.

imagin it or look at the new H.W. concept designs "retro-tech" i know you've seen what im talking about

think Foose, Thom Taylor etc........ slick, clean, big rims,and performance! rodder some times call it pro touring
Old 05-03-2007, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

A HA! nitto isnt the only ones!

a freind told me about a site that does have them!!!
but i forgot the site

and NO ITS NOT COKER TIRE!

WHEN I FIND OUT I'LL POST IT UP
talk about just a lame manifacture, why would you only make a tire that fits one type of car rim that wouldent buy the style any way!

whos the master mind at nitto that owns a vette? and wont share the redline style to the other wheel sizes? flippin briliant! this is why marketing and R&D sux to me!(hey let specialize in one size tire and if theres an intrest well think about making them for others if the cost isnt to high)

for those who still dont understand heres a pic of the modern redline on the concept VW Ragster!.... before you say prototype tire, ive seen them on street driven GTis in a VW mag. so =p
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

dude , relax this redline tire thing won't be a big seller so they aren't making them so as they don't lose huge amounts of money. street driven or not the possibility of those vw owners getting one off sets of tires made isn't that hard to believe.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
dude , relax this redline tire thing won't be a big seller so they aren't making them so as they don't lose huge amounts of money. street driven or not the possibility of those vw owners getting one off sets of tires made isn't that hard to believe.
i did seam a little hostle, oops

nitto has theres in ever import mag thats out but they say nothing about them fitting only two sizes of wheel

supply and demand dictates so much B.S. id like to see the tires on pro turing mucle cars too or retro modern cars/there is a market for them

I like to be different but lack a prototype cash