Regrets...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Regrets...

When I ordered my xB, my main concern was keeping the monthly payments down, so the only accessories I added were the TYC tailights, and the Scion Floor & Cargo mats. But now I'm really regreting not getting the alloy wheels, fog lights, and the spoiler, well, I'm regreting not getting the alloy wheels more than anything else. It might be a long time before I have an extra $665 bucks laying around. I'm just ____ed and venting!
Old 11-24-2005, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah i wa thinking about keeping my monthly payments down too but i figured what the heck?! so long story short my tc cost about 24k
eh at least now you can save and get some sweet looking rims later on.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought my spoiler @ sparkstoyota.com. They have great prices on OE accessories. Why pay 5 years intrest on overpriced accessories when you buy new?
Old 11-24-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Thanks Frank! Yea, I've been looking on eBay for the wheels, but have not seen any! I also have no car sense at all, so me doing the upgrades myself is not even an option, but I wish it was!
Old 11-25-2005, 02:14 AM
Jo2
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 808flintscion
Yeah i wa thinking about keeping my monthly payments down too but i figured what the heck?! so long story short my tc cost about 24k
whoa.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ thinking the same thing...did you buy 2 of 'em?

it's best not to go with dealer installed options, the prices are way too inflated. save the money that you were willing to pay monthly and buy the stuff you really want and not limit yourself to dealer options
Old 11-25-2005, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All depends. I got the Enkei wheels from the Factory and am glad I did. They are not available anywhere else except through the dealer.

So far I haven't seen anything else I liked better even after 4 months. Yeah, I took it without the vaseline, but if you want it, thats all you can do.

Johncal
Old 11-25-2005, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

$665 for those Scion alloys are a major ripoff. The same money will move you into either a set of any 15 inch alloys or a set of 17 inch alloys with tires delivered to your door. I think you were wise to pass those up.

johncal, didn't those enkies come with the RS2.0 pkg.? Or was that only with the RS1.0? Those are sweet wheels Bro! I wouldn't mind a set on my xB
Old 11-25-2005, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

keep your eyes open for wheel deals in the classified
Old 11-26-2005, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jo2
Originally Posted by 808flintscion
whoa.
yeah i know 24k is like wtf? its a scion... well i got 7yr warranty,rust proofing and paint protection plus tax and what not. That was already like 3k dollars. Well hopefully its all worth it in the long run.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I added fogs, wing and floor mats. Fogs so I don't have to wire them in when I install the bodykit and it's matching fogs and the wing so I have mounting points for the new one. Mat are a no brainer and they are nice too. Some people do things for a reason.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Regrets...

Originally Posted by PaRaGoNViCtiM
When I ordered my xB, my main concern was keeping the monthly payments down... now I'm really regreting not getting the alloy wheels
that was what i was thinking when i bought mine. i didnt get any extras. then i ordered the tail lights off ebay as soon as i got home. i do wish i got the wheels though. i hate hubcaps. i'm getting 17's in the spring (you know how PA winters are), but the wait is klling me.
so paragonvicim, are you from hazleton? my explorer was a paragon victim. destroyed the manual transmission there.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The wheels on my xA are only available as a port installed option, and only in some parts of the U.S. The wheels on the RS1.0 are a little bit different. To the best of my knowledge those are 18" TRD wheels that look similar although I have been told some (again at certain ports)were the same as these.

BTW, the wheel/tire combo option was about $1700.00. If you take into account that the tires are worth about $150.00 each , that means the 4 wheels were around $1,100.00. Not cheap at all, but again I thought they looked much better than anything else I could put on it. The quality on the wheels are phenomonal. Perfect balance and painting.

I get an unending stream of compliments on those wheels I'm very happy that I made the decision to get them.

Johncal
Old 11-30-2005, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, those wheels cost more than my Works. That puts things into perspective, huh?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$1700!!! holy crap...i paid less for my volk gtu's. different strokes for different folks i guess...but $1700!?