so im stuck!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default so im stuck!

How am i stuck you ask? well ive got new wheels and tires and i am leaving town to go to california. i would like to go with my new wheels and tires. but i don't have my lugnuts yet. where are they you ask? well they are on a ups truck trolling about las vegas at the moment( no doubt at two miles per hour). aaarrrrgh. the ebay seller i bought them from shipped them slow boat to china. i am losing precious transit time waiting (the later i leave the longer it will take) and now i am guaranteed to be blinded by the sunset inbetween barstow and el cajon pass. just would like to share with you all how ____ed i am. but at least ill be at expose tommorow!
Old 02-06-2004, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that sucks!!! Best of luck, hope to see the new wheels.

I can't wait for tomorrow..it's going to be awesome!
Old 02-06-2004, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah im gonna wait just a little bit longer and if not just roll the stockers! but uuuugh i dont wannna be on the stock. im all done with them. maybee not. maybe its like magnolia.

"we may be done with the stock wheels but the stock wheels are not done with us."

oh theres proof im starting to snap.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't sweat it if the wheels don't show up. it won't be that big of a deal.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

go to a rim shop and get some lugs, then turn around and sell the ones from ebay
Old 02-07-2004, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by DenZinz
go to a rim shop and get some lugs, then turn around and sell the ones from ebay
i was just about to say that, until i read that you did first so i will say ya, what he said/\

there has got to be a rims shop open still and it will cost like 60.00 for a good set(i say this knowing that I do not have 60.00 so why should you) hahaha sorry man
Old 02-07-2004, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah i was going to get some other lugs from autozone. and just return them on monday. but when i was standing there i forgot the size i needed and they were really busy and in no position to help. so i went home and read the tracking report to see that the lugs were "out for delivery" so some part of me is like THEY WILL BE HERE AND THEY WILL BE HERE SOON!

that was at 11 am. NOW its 11pm the wheels are on and im in california!

at 4pm i had the car jacked up and first wheel off the car on the ground. and i just kept going outside and staring down the . the ups guy FINALLY pulls up and he's like were you waiting for me?

my brother and i slapped them on right fast. the problem with being fast is NOT REALISING UNTIL WE WERE DONE THAT THE TIRES ARE DIRECTIONAL (DOUGH!) so we had to switch two of the tires. anyways THEY LOOK AWESOME. the whole low offset thing really really really pays off. hopefully the popularity of our cars will make lower offsets a reality in common wheel selection.

hope to see everyone tommorow.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by LVXB
yeah i was going to get some other lugs from autozone. and just return them on monday. but when i was standing there i forgot the size i needed and they were really busy and in no position to help. so i went home and read the tracking report to see that the lugs were "out for delivery" so some part of me is like THEY WILL BE HERE AND THEY WILL BE HERE SOON!

that was at 11 am. NOW its 11pm the wheels are on and im in california!

at 4pm i had the car jacked up and first wheel off the car on the ground. and i just kept going outside and staring down the . the ups guy FINALLY pulls up and he's like were you waiting for me?

my brother and i slapped them on right fast. the problem with being fast is NOT REALISING UNTIL WE WERE DONE THAT THE TIRES ARE DIRECTIONAL (DOUGH!) so we had to switch two of the tires. anyways THEY LOOK AWESOME. the whole low offset thing really really really pays off. hopefully the popularity of our cars will make lower offsets a reality in common wheel selection.

hope to see everyone tommorow.
Glad to see everything work out. You must of seen the deadly crash in Barstow huh? Hope it clears up by the time you guys leave.

BTW what wheels did you get?
Old 02-07-2004, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you know what the wreck was actually getting cleared up buy the time we got there. by the way the talked on the radio it was like making people ten hours late for hotel check in at the vegas hotels.. but with all that was going on looked like they would be done by sunrise. 15n was diverted onto that frontage road that pops up right before lenwood. then 15 north got back on at lenwood. whatever happened must have been pretty bad right at the offramp for lenwood. traffic was backed up about five miles. but ive seen/driven ALOT worse. like last trip home to vegas on sunday before new years was like 7 hrs long ugh. and two years ago on the saturday after thanksgiving day i was at 8 and a half from vegas to anaheim. so 5 miles at 3-5 mph isn't too bad. agonizing im sure but it could always be worse.

for wheels i got 5zigen inperios in hyperblack. they are the ones van has been selling.
the finish on them is really nice. changing colors at different angles and such. and the offset is just sweet. +20 or +25 i dont remeber offhand. as low as that is i still want to put 5mm spacers on the back just to bump it out a little.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey James, saw some random pics of your car at Exposed... even though I had never seen your car before, and even from a distance, at 3/4 angles, I could look and just KNOW it was your car! (God bless the low offset wheels! >HAHAHA< )
Hey, I just realized I still have the original stickers and other little nicknacks for those wheels that I'll send out to you... so keep your eyes open for a package!
Old 02-10-2004, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ooh sweet im a sticker AND goodie *****! and cannot wait. :D