Notices

Are stretched tires good or bad you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow...
sweet stretch!!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats not even a mounted tire! the sidewalls arent "stretched"
Old 10-11-2005, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

They are, but thats how it looks when you look at them in that angle, the point of that picture was how much the wheels sticking out not how stretch the tires are , here a picure of them in different angle, the middle wheels are the ones in the top picture and don't forget they are only 35 series tires on 18 wheels !!! Sean @ JDMPalace

Old 10-11-2005, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ugly
Old 10-11-2005, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by hamads
thats not even a mounted tire! the sidewalls arent "stretched"
Do you really think he would go thru all the trouble, and put tire's on a set of rim's for the hell of it...,You Lame...........Of course they are mounted........I hate people like you that post, and don't even take the time to think...........Instead you are quick to question, or put down someone..........Stop Hating, and use your head next time..................lol.....

Got Stretch?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Incredible! Let me take a wild guess. From the looks of it.

18X11"
Offset= ~0 or negative
225/35-18 tire

Pic shows 9 degrees of camber on your xB with the Noblesse rear bumper with the license plate hole and exhaust hole Filled and painted?!

How close am i?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

people just hate on these forums. but what can you do. i hate ignorant people, but all the peeps on sl that are down more then make up for it. in a few years they will be the very ones running hipari tires and talkin mad $h!t about how dope it is and how they got sick style. if you don't like , fine, just don't be a hater on something you don't understand.

btw, i read that stretching tires came from euro cars running wide rims. they had to stretch the tires because the laws in germany require that no part of the tread sticks out past the fenders. they got away with running wide rims legally and spawned a different trend as a side effect.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you learn something new everyday.....
thanks!!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
Originally Posted by VanillaRice
Wow! There are some negative people on this thread!
^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^
I'm not negative.

I'm pessimistic and abrasive.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBOXD
"People that talk $hit dont have $hit."

-Mark C
That doesn't even make sense.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Somnambulated
"People that talk $hit dont have $hit."

-Mark C
That doesn't even make sense.
Makes sense to me.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the look if its subtle, but is there a lot of maintenance involved?

I'm curious to know if anyone running a stretched setup has had blowouts, tires falling off, etc.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know why MyBox never posts his car cause of dumb@$$s that only know the regular ricer Motegi from Pep boys tires and rims. They have no idea about things outside of thier realm. Also Just because its not 20" doesnt make it ugly. Sorry we all dont have hydros and daytons...man ScionLife is starting to suck.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Can you say Camber King?................ lol ...............or..........Stretch King?

What ever it is it's all there.................. ........God I love that wheel set up.........

And"THE Danger" you are right, that's why MyBox doesn't post any pic's of his car, because of lame's that buy there mod's at Automotion, and ect, and are quick to hate, it's to bad there has to be so many dumb people........lol.......
Old 10-11-2005, 04:32 PM

Dude, streching tires goes back to the boulavard days on El camino in norcal! Stretching the tires on the old wire wheel Tru Spokes for the impala's and monte carlo's! Was it really japan that came out with the stretching? Or was it the old school peeps from Cali? :D

Taking it back!!
Star wires wheels
True Spokes with the Knock offs

Old 10-11-2005, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Petem
Originally Posted by eXciteBox
and theres the VW guys too...

my god... and this is suppose to be "COOL" OR GOOD LOOKING...? i think this fad is the most dangerous and STUPID fad i have seen yet.. i can not even think of ONE good reason why you would want this..... 400AMONTH's post had me laughing.... but im in total agreement..

think about this... these are the kinds of people who will put the wrong size tires on the wheel... go out.. have an accident then sue the tire or wheel manufacture for a defective product...
YEA!!!!

This topic is such B.......S!!!![/b]
Old 10-11-2005, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stretch on mybox's car is sexy, don't know what your talking about whoever said it was ugly, and a lot of times, you ahve to do that to make larger wheels fit, i'm running 17x8.5" in the front with a 16 offset and 17x9" in the rear with a 17 offset and running 215/40/17 tires, mildly stretched, tanabe drop, running the onetongarage rear 3 degree camber shims, but if i was running any larger tires, I would rub like crazy on them, and i'm sure mybox has the same situation, much props though for having the ***** to stretch that ;-)
Old 10-11-2005, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by suspended
The stretch on mybox's car is sexy, don't know what your talking about whoever said it was ugly, and a lot of times, you ahve to do that to make larger wheels fit, i'm running 17x8.5" in the front with a 16 offset and 17x9" in the rear with a 17 offset and running 215/40/17 tires, mildly stretched, tanabe drop, running the onetongarage rear 3 degree camber shims, but if i was running any larger tires, I would rub like crazy on them, and i'm sure mybox has the same situation, much props though for having the ***** to stretch that ;-)
OPR8R's old Work Euroline N's.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 10-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Ah yup.

And when a few of us started running camber, alot of people said we were crazy and were going to be buying rear tires like crazy! But I had front camber dialed into both of my 1976 Celicas in 1983!

And funny how some of those who were criticizng are now some of the ones who say camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

But of coure I can't post any proof cuz the site has been cleaned up of older posts.

Quick Reply: Are stretched tires good or bad you think?