Notices

Are stretched tires good or bad you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iptuous
do any tire manufacturers make tires specifically for this purpose? (i.e. the stretch is designed to be within use tolerance) because then the stretched tire people could attain this look without placing unnecessary liability on themselves.
I would think that if there is a market for something, then it will be made by somebody, unless there is a reason not to. (e.g. it is an intrinsically bad idea)

I'm honestly not sure about your questiong, but thank you for an intellegent reply to this topic ;-) anyone know?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by MikeBendel
That is so stupid. I'm a member of OSHA and the NAPA safety Assoc. This is not something you should do. Couple reasons:

1. Its dangerous

2. Its ugy

3. Why?

4. Are you japenese or chinese?

5. Why are you racist?

Thank you.

BTW. ...Looks real good..........NOT. Thats possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen any new street racer do.

NAPA? As in the auto parts store? The one where you can get just about anybody behind the counter to waste an hour and a half looking for sparkplugs for a diesel?
And you may be a member of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, but I don't think that makes you any more of an authority on automobiles.

As for it being ugly, looks are subjective you jackass.

WTF does anybody's heritage have anything to do with the subject? You sure are one ignorant SOB

Who here has made a racial comment other than you?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Iptuous
do any tire manufacturers make tires specifically for this purpose? (i.e. the stretch is designed to be within use tolerance) because then the stretched tire people could attain this look without placing unnecessary liability on themselves.
I would think that if there is a market for something, then it will be made by somebody, unless there is a reason not to. (e.g. it is an intrinsically bad idea)
The market for stretched tires is greater in Germany I beleive. I think that TOYO and some other brand tires (maybe Dunlop too) are TUV approved (generally considered to be of much higher standards than DOT) to stretch 1/2 inch beyond recommended specs. That's why if you buy wheel/tire combos from Tunershop.com, they send you stretched tires only 1/2 past recommended specs. For example, you can buy 16x9 wheels mounted on 215/40-16 tires....

Also, I think some model BMWs and Audis come with TUV approved stretched tires....
Old 10-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is out of hand now.

locked.