Notices

TCM Xb on the way, Rim choice??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member

Default TCM Xb on the way, Rim choice??

Hi all, just ordered my Xb in TCM. I want to get some rims for it so they are here by the time the car comes.

I need input, so far I am leaning towards the Volk Te37 or the Volk gt7's Both in gunmetal. I am not into the super bling chrome look, but like the gunmetal with a polished lip. I think that looks good on the scion.

Also are 17's big enough?? Or do they look too small in the wheel well?? I would like to keep this thing fairly driveable so 17's are appealing. But if 18's arent that bad then I am fine with that also.

How does the Xb look with 18's and no drop?? Do I need to drop it down to make it look right??

Thanks for all the input, excited to get this thing going!

Oh and any online Volk vendors you can recommend would be great also

Thanks
Tabb
Old 08-04-2004, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member

I just ordered my xB in TCM about a week ago and I went with Motegi FF15 in Hyper Silver, which is like a two tone silver and gunmetal.... I wen't with 18" and the TRD lowering springs.

You can go to www.motegiracing.com and use their wheel match program to show a picture of the xB with all of their available rims, in all available sizes and you can lower and raise the car as well.

Best of luck!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: TCM Xb on the way, Rim choice??

In my opinion, drop and offset make a bigger difference than wheel diameter on the xB. The TE37 is a fantastic wheel but its designed for high offset cars which the xB is not. I'd recommend the TE37C so you can get a more desirable offset if thats the wheel you're set on.

Hope that helps and welcome aboard!

--
Cheese
Old 08-04-2004, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks guys, The only reason I mentioned the volks is because I am familiar with them and like their look.

Cheese, Are there other companies that you know of that offer a similar style in an appropriate offset??

Also how heavy should a 17 or 18 in wheel be for the scion, I am just wondering so I can weed out some of these rims I have been seeing that seem really heavy.

Thanks

Tabb
Old 08-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by macncheese
Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. Hmm, I wonder if they come 15x8/9? I gotta check the website.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tabbytabb
Thanks guys, The only reason I mentioned the volks is because I am familiar with them and like their look.

Cheese, Are there other companies that you know of that offer a similar style in an appropriate offset??

Also how heavy should a 17 or 18 in wheel be for the scion, I am just wondering so I can weed out some of these rims I have been seeing that seem really heavy.

Thanks

Tabb
I dont care about weight for this car, I bought it becuase its cool cruiser, not cause its fast . I think a decent guidline is about a pound per inch to be considered a lighweight wheel. (17 lbs for a 17" wheel is acceptable).

If you dont mind spacers, the possibilities are endless but if you do, you're pretty limited. 4x100 and low offset isnt really common on anything accept e30 BMWs, A1 VWs. and the Miata doesnt mind either. Those are all little wheel cars so 17"+ are going to be tough to find "off the shelf". I hear Van is the guy to speak to about getting a proper setup.

www.onetongarage.com

--
Cheese
Old 08-05-2004, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by squirrel
Originally Posted by macncheese
Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. Hmm, I wonder if they come 15x8/9? I gotta check the website.
15x6.5, 15x7, 16x7 and 16x8 only

--
Cheese