Notices

VIP Wheel Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I came into this post wanting to learn more about vip styling, and I see all this about my home lol?

Pacifica is full of white people. Daly City is full of filipino people. Westmoor Highschool's last few classes have had around a 65-70% filipino population. I'm filipino, and one out of every three homes on my street has someone filipino. It's to the point where it's hard to date out of my race because even the girls that don't look filipino have some filipino in their genes lol.

But back to topic. What do you guys classify rides that take euro styling, like wheel style, colors, etc, but aren't slammed or cambered? Are they just euro tuned? Where as VIPtuned is euro tuning on steroids?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
But back to topic. What do you guys classify rides that take euro styling, like wheel style, colors, etc, but aren't slammed or cambered? Are they just euro tuned? Where as VIPtuned is euro tuning on steroids?
I've got euro wheels with no camber and just halfway slammed...I guess I'm classified as euro tuning on crack..lol
Old 12-13-2005, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
It's to the point where it's hard to date out of my race because even the girls that don't look filipino have some filipino in their genes lol.

damn, i need to be there then.
any pinays with some tricked out xB's?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Zach, you haven't seen nothing yet 'til you go to D.C. Talk about Goldilocks and oh BTW, have you guys seen the only Jeepney in D.C. rolling up and down Cesar Chavez???

That was cool!!!

I'm still gonna go with the DH2s with the AirRunners....hopefully I'll be able to catch with Mark. Slow down Mang!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tone_xB
Now you're just asking for tooo much! hahaha.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Naw. Around here it seems only pinays and white dudes drive tC's with a few exceptions. Most xB owners around here are like 30+ looking. I've only seen maybe two or three around my age(1. I saw a dude with a lexus emblem on his BSP the other day out by SerraManila(SM ya heard). lol, I need to get out of this area haha.

Cute pinay complementing the feel of the perf heated leather on my passenger side > That same cute pinay pulling up in an xB. :D

So from all you VIP'ers, can I get an answer to my question lol. Is VIP tuning just euro tuning, with more attention to detail(huge lip), and extra effort into getting that stance? Like i asked previously, does VIP=euro tuning on steroids? I'm really interested in this stuff now because I grew up around a lot of bimmers and BMW's cuz my pops is a chauffeur, and all this stuff I see you guys talk about isn't too far off from what i'm used to seeing, with a couple minor exceptions.

stankubrick, if I can get bbist's wheels(pending on if my cousin takes mine) I'll be just like you lol. Cept I think Zauber is a knock off brand or something, but it's Japanese lol. Whatever though, i just want some wheels in that general design. Half the people who will see my ride will have no clue of Work or what a Euroline is. Plus I don't plan on being in any shows. I just don't want something that'll break on me. Thanks for the help! Later.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love hoppin over to VWvortex to check out some crazy wheel fitments, but it seems euro tuning is fills out a broader spectrum. From my observations, there's at least a few divisions: There's the old-school boxy 80s VW/audi/bmw crowd. There's the Modern VW/audi/bmw crowd. Among both of these groups seem to be a division: those who love the european-style-crazy-offsets-stretched-tires-small-wheels-slammed crowd Vs, everyone else. (Keep in mind, I'm not a big euro guy, just my observation.)

As far as similarities go between VIP and euro (So when we say Euro, I assume we're talking about the crazy offset guys.), I see it like Star Wars (VIP) and Lord of the Rings (Euro). Star Wars is angular/futuristic/orderly/shiny. Lord of the Rings is round/earthy/vintage/rough/sporty. Hmmmm, OK...I think this analogy is going nowhere....lol

Start over.

Here are my general observation (although, I could be way off). It seems Euro tuning folks don't like camber and don't mind a little rubbing. VIP tuning uses camber to avoid rubbing (at times used as a style element as well) and take great pride in making crazy fitments not rub. Which brings me to suspension. Wile both VIP and Euro love being slammed, euro generally doesn't utilize air suspension. Another more obvious difference is the typical VIP car is a late model japanes luxury car, while the typical euro tuner is a late model VW (mostly compact/economy cars). Euro generally run smaller wheels with a little more meat. VIP generally run larger wheels. VIP like their rims flush to the fender while tucking tire. Euro like their rims to "poke" out of the fender with a stretched tire halfway between rim and fender. VIP is inspired by the yankee/bosozoku style hot rods of the 70s and 80s. Euro is inspired by German laws dictating that tires must always fit under the rim no matter how wide the wheel is. Who came first? I don't know. Did one influence the other? I don't think so either. Hmmm, let's see, I'm sure there's more that I can't think of.....

Both have their offshoots and outside influences. VIP style has spread to non-luxury cars like Vans, boxes, wagons. Euro style has spread to modern VWs and other modern european marques....

So, the both pay a lot of attention to detail and both work really hard at their stances, but aside from crazy offsets, they have very different and both come from a very different philosophies....

(If anyone wants to correct me or add to my long-winded 1AM ramblings, please do!)
Old 12-13-2005, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^another reason why this guy is one of the best members on this board.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

these types of forums are the reason i only read not post of SL it is not nessisary to bash scion owners by telling them there car sucks and they are going in the wrong direction and that they are too poor to achive a stlye i have personally seen a $300 set of dish rims right next to the 3000 (vip rims) and the only diff was like 3/4 of an inch on the lip yea this matters but not so much that it cant be considered vip i mean yea some cars are not all the way done with the vip look some are in the process and i just could not sit here and watch ppl that have had thir cars for 3-4 years and invested 1000's into them bash the people just begining their project's i just feel that these people need to consider the owner's cost and family issues before we bash on eachother and honestly i thing SL should be watching posts like this and reprimending people becasue this is not the way scion owners should act once again like i said that is why i dont post!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

these types of forums are the reason i only read not post of SL there is no need to bash scion owners by telling them there car sucks and they are going in the wrong direction and that they are too poor to achive a stlye i have personally seen a $300 set of dish rims right next to the 3000 (vip rims) and the only diff was like 3/4 of an inch on the lip yea this matters but not so much that it cant be considered vip i mean yea some cars are not all the way done with the vip look some are in the process and i just could not sit here and watch ppl that have had thir cars for 3-4 years and invested 1000's into them bash the people just begining their project's i just feel that these people need to consider the owner's cost and family issues before we bash on eachother and honestly i thing SL should be watching posts like this and talking to people becasue this is not the way scion owners should act once again like i said that is why i dont post!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who's bashing who? No one has said their car sucks I thought this thread was being very civil?

I think this thread has been pretty informative for those wanting to go the VIP route. I think 2 years ago, this thread would have ended terribly with ignorant people complaing about stretched tires, camber wear, and how stupid VIP style was.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry bud, but there has been no bashing. I have yet to see any bashing.

Im not even going to go into detail about what i feel about your post. Ive had too much stuff with a few of the SUPERMODS of this forum already. Lets get back on topic before some real bashing starts.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

sounds like someone needs a hug... LOL oh god..
did u goto private school u freaking cry baby
Old 12-13-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No...no bashing going on. Just passion for a particular style. In just the last few days, I've gone to school on a style that I had really no idea about beofre...never knew you could apply it to a BOX, but now I do, and there are people on this board that will go beyond the call of duty to provide sound information. Perhads sometimes it is difficult to determine a persons tone of voice or intention from reading typed words on a computer screen, but all the above comments in this thread; I wouldn't sonstrue it as bashing. I think of things as being informative.....which is a good thing, becuase if you will be dishing out a lot of money, thinking you will acheive a certain look or performance, when it actually isn't what tyou think it is, and if it makes you unsatisfied or unhappy, then you would be wasting a lot of time and money.

That being said.........................I like the dish -type VIP rims more than other types. The dish rim, in conjunction with a super wide lip...looks spectacular!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe some punctuation bashing
If you can't afford the 3/4 inch of lip, do something else to your box...

Stan- excellent schooling there on the Euro/VIP subtleties.

Lately i've been trolling around various JDM club sites... the VIP thing is wicked and all but those Japanese kids have alot more disposable income than I do. I'm gonna just have to stick to just making something unique in my own idiom...
Old 12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright alright lets STOP talkin about bashing. im not gonna read through and dictate all of this to see if there is, so just drop it if there is. PM me if you have a problem. i agree with Rico and thought this WAS civil. this is good discussion on what car talk should be.

so just keep it clean. give your opinion if pics go up, but be respectful about it. i havent seen anything bad in here lately, so lets just focus on the styles and stuff thats being talked about
Old 12-13-2005, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly! Why did he even bring up bashing?

This thread is very helpful and techinal for those that are trying to learn about the VIPstyle.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by bBOXD
Originally Posted by 2tone_xB
Now you're just asking for tooo much! hahaha.
Mark, you're Filipino!?!

I know.....................
Old 12-13-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

point proven i will stick to scion evolution
Old 12-13-2005, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im as Filipino as it gets. Fluent in tagalog but i dont speak no FOBish english. No Taglish here.

Quick Reply: VIP Wheel Suggestions