Notices

Who's dropped on 15's ? ... post pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

The center caps that come with the Rota Auto X wheels are copies of the center caps that come with the _real_ SSR Type X wheels. Quit hating and get your ish straight. :D
Originally Posted by FrankenScion
I don't know man, I'm not even sure paint would help these.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are they that heavy!?

the look is awesome+

sen-
Old 06-02-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
The center caps that come with the Rota Auto X wheels are copies of the center caps that come with the _real_ SSR Type X wheels. Quit hating and get your ish straight. :D
I don't know man, I'm not even sure paint would help these.
maybe so, but they are still ugly.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

hey guy's i made these wheel's myself i did 15x7's with a 195/60/15 in the front and 15x8 in the rear 205/60/15 i have some more pic's to post when i get the time , the center cap's are toyato that i filled and painted & had the bB logo put on them . there's alot more to it than that thow
Old 06-02-2005, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Going to post pics?
Old 06-02-2005, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Going to post pics?
Scroll up, someone quoted him in the second post on the page (before this one)
Old 06-02-2005, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 06-02-2005, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

huh, i lost you
Old 06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Laughable...

This whole topic is just odd. I know there are so many people in the states that roll 17/18's on their xB/bB's... I even saw someone post that running 15's was "dumb" but true to the matter is people in Japan would laugh if they knew people were running 17/18s on their xB/bB's.

The origination of this car is the bB in Japan and well is almost classified as a K Car, its like a go kart. Throwing 18's on it makes the car looked like its "jacked up like a 4x4" because you decrease the distance in the fender well but do not decrease the space underneath the frame of the car. This sort of give the appearence of the car as if it were "waiting for a flood".

Furthermore its like running 18's on a AE86 this would just look silly. And believe it or not most bB's in Japan roll 14/15's...

In any case this questions has a lot of debate because its basically "to each his own". However if you are big into the whole JDM deal running 17/18's on your bB is a joke. Here are some nice pics of a bB and also the Honda counterpart.

Anyhow don't mean to bring any offense to anyone just laying down the facts... Also like some posted previously, if you go small go BIG on the lip, 15x8 baby!

Old 06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

^^^ my pants just came off. those cars scream "you are not wearing pants!"

I have to say i agree 100% with artdoesart, as well as everybody running 15's. To start i wanted 18's WELL before I even had a job to pay for the car, then I wanted 17's, now I'm going to shell out for the work equip 01's. Why? Because not only are they the ABSOLUTE sex, they are hella JDM, and the car came with 15's why not put some stylish ones on there?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

oh and the Works being 3 piece doesn't hurt either
Old 06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah nice... not everyone on the board is "Fast and Furiuous"... yeah 15's are perfect for this car. For some cars 18/19/20 is a better option but come it's a bB, you don't throw on 18's on any car just because you can...

On a s13/s14/s15 20x10 in the rear tight! on a r34 V-Spec II 19" sure! on a xB/bB no... Some cars look better with small wheels take for instance, old school Datsun 510's, Hatch-e-roku's AE86, EH, EF and EK Civic...

Anyhow yeah 3-piece is tight and WORK is tight, too many people rolling fakes too like all those fake SSR Type X's that were on a page earlier.

These are the real deal.

Anyhow its good to meet some Scion brothers with some good taste... See too many without in my neck of the woods.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by magicmanjk808
looks awesome squareone. those slipstreams?

Thanks, and yes, they are flat black slipstreams. Im so proud that Im the only one in my neck of the woods rockin 'em.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lowbox
hey guy's i made these wheel's myself i did 15x7's with a 195/60/15 in the front and 15x8 in the rear 205/60/15 i have some more pic's to post when i get the time , the center cap's are toyato that i filled and painted & had the bB logo put on them . there's alot more to it than that thow
I saw them in person at the Scion Expo. They are dope as ____, and I'm considering having him make some for me. Mad props on the fabricating.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eXciteBox

I have to say i agree 100% with artdoesart, as well as everybody running 15's. To start i wanted 18's WELL before I even had a job to pay for the car, then I wanted 17's, now I'm going to shell out for the work equip 01's. Why? Because not only are they the ABSOLUTE sex, they are hella JDM, and the car came with 15's why not put some stylish ones on there?
Being JDM is your whack obsession. Thats like those Japanese kids that dress like Elvis, you look like a fool. What the hell is wrong with just doing your car the way you want. Spending extra to be JDM may be your thing, but it looks awfully foolish from where I'm standing. Plus owning a Scion I don't have to go buy JDM parts, my entire car is from Japan, it doesn't get anymore JDM than that. But I have old school hot rod style rims, and a huge very non-JDM style sound system in my car.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by artdoesart
Ah nice... not everyone on the board is "Fast and Furiuous"... yeah 15's are perfect for this car. For some cars 18/19/20 is a better option but come it's a bB, you don't throw on 18's on any car just because you can...

On a s13/s14/s15 20x10 in the rear tight! on a r34 V-Spec II 19" sure! on a xB/bB no... Some cars look better with small wheels take for instance, old school Datsun 510's, Hatch-e-roku's AE86, EH, EF and EK Civic...

Anyhow yeah 3-piece is tight and WORK is tight, too many people rolling fakes too like all those fake SSR Type X's that were on a page earlier.

These are the real deal.

Anyhow its good to meet some Scion brothers with some good taste... See too many without in my neck of the woods.
I'm sorry but my xB looked tough as ____ on 19's and it out handled everyone else in my class in SCCA at every event I went to. Some people put big rims on their car for a reason, I'm not fast and furious, but I'm fast. I have great taste it's just not your taste, so quit dissing people. I don't get why you have to bring other people down to try and make your point of view valid, maybe you need therapy.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't consider them fake SSR Type X'es, I consider them real Rota Auto x'es.:D
Old 06-03-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

Originally Posted by DGTLLVR
Originally Posted by eXciteBox

Being JDM is your whack obsession. Thats like those Japanese kids that dress like Elvis, you look like a fool. What the hell is wrong with just doing your car the way you want. Spending extra to be JDM may be your thing, but it looks awfully foolish from where I'm standing. Plus owning a Scion I don't have to go buy JDM parts, my entire car is from Japan, it doesn't get anymore JDM than that. But I have old school hot rod style rims, and a huge very non-JDM style sound system in my car.

I'm not gonna ____ in your cheerios and tell you that having old school hot rod style rims and a huge very non jdm style sound system in your car is your "whack obsession". I'm not spending the money on JDM stuff because its the cool thing to do. Guess what buddy, I AM doing my car the way I want. My luminics bulbs and soon to be bBist spoiler arent JDM, neither will my kenwood headunit or my cf bBist drop vent hood. Don't single me out because happen to LOVE an awesome 3 piece wide lip wheel. Yes i like JDM stuff a lot, and given the option I'd probably get a JDM piece over a USDM piece. Why? Because thats my decision. My best friend happens to hate the wheels im getting, as do most of my closer friends. So what. It's my car and my money and I'm making MY car look how I want. If anyone looks like a fool it's you and your close minded push-your-opinion-on-others attitude. You can't tell someone how they express themselves is wrong. I could care less if your car had wings and a toilet under the hood I'm still gonna respect what you want to do to your car. Hating on people may be your thing, "but it looks awfully foolish from where I'm standing. " Good luck with being an ___
Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

Originally Posted by DGTLLVR
I have great taste it's just not your taste, so quit dissing people. I don't get why you have to bring other people down to try and make your point of view valid, maybe you need therapy.

Anyone else smell a hypocrite?
Old 06-03-2005, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the red box with goodyears and work 01's is hottt..

big lips are good ;]

sen-

Quick Reply: Who's dropped on 15's ? ... post pics