lol.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

Originally Posted by firesquare
im waiting for some work wheels to appear on sale somewhere
haha me too man, work equips aint cheap! i think im going through autofashion.com to get mine. 7" wide up front 8" wide out back, +25 offset all around. <<< straight from work superwheels themselves. a 7" +25 front and 7" wide +13 out back will achive teh same flush look without using spacers of any kind.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

http://www.hondawerx.com/wedssport.htm

scroll down to the last 2 wheels on the page, they are 15x7 weds sport sa90 racing wheels 4x100 +38. they come in white or bronze. weight: 14.5 lbs. look to pay abut $170 a piece.

http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelmodels/2047

http://www.weds.co.jp/products/wedssport/index.html

hope this helps you out paul!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

those weds are heavy for 15's
Old 06-06-2005, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eXciteBox
I was only defending myself . I take being put down for NO reason VERY seriously.

Anyway, back on topic: I emailed autornd about a few questions i had about the work equip 01's. Now I just have to do some saving. I sold my 1992 Camaro for $1500 but i need to save my money. Got my axleback on its way, then DF210's, then hopefully the wheels . Anybody know where to get like a miniature one as a keychain?
Wow, a lot of very sensitive people on here... like i said "no offense" at the end of my message. I never said you had to be JDM, I merely wanted to bring up the point "I" personally think (I meaning ME or ARTDOESART etc... not you or anyone else - ever heard of freedom of speech) that putting 10" Daytons with 120 spoke rims on a Pontiac GTO is sort of stupid, likewise throwing 18" wheels on a K-Car type vehicle (I know its not a K Car but very close) is sort of odd.

For the guy who said he has big wheels for added performance, do some research rolling on DUB-like wheels does nothing for you but slow you down, and ruin the ride. The ideal rim for small cars is smaller wheels with a wider stance for added traction and grip. 18" wheels will do nothing for you but slow you down. Case and point the original Mini Cooper which originally ran on 10" rims and did very well in the European race circuit decades ago...

And for the guy who said his xB bones out or is very fast (i am not bagging on you since i have a bB too) but who are you kidding? 100hp and probably 75whp is not a lot, i don't care if you have a reinforced block running Carillo Rods, JE Pistons, and blue printed cylinder walls with a Power Enterprise Supercharger kit... You would never beat any basic performance car. Also before you go on the offensive (again) I am not saying a bB sucks, i am a very happy owner too, and well have added mods since i love fixing up cars and i liked JDM before JDM was coined (only reason i refer to it is because people will know what i am talking about).

Finally, don't take the boards so personally, its a forum people post opinions etc, as i did. I DID NOT point anyone out and i never said "someone" was stupid. Say what you wanna say, i don't care... but don't kill a guy for having an opinion, and easy with everyone so trigger happy, throwing hate makers just because you didn't like what i had to say... if you want to throw daytons on your new Viper go ahead but don't get mad when people sit there and laugh at you...
Old 06-06-2005, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ugly duck
im all about looks

those weds are the ish! now its a toss up between some works or weds

what tire would you run? i like the exterior look of a Dunlop i saw a while back. i think it was on the green xB feature ride
Old 06-07-2005, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by firesquare
Originally Posted by ugly duck
im all about looks

those weds are the ish! now its a toss up between some works or weds

what tire would you run? i like the exterior look of a Dunlop i saw a while back. i think it was on the green xB feature ride
if you roll conservative 15x7 you are going to want to roll 205x50x15 or if you wanna stretch the tire D1 style you go 195x50x15.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

195/50 on a 7 won't stretch
Old 06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

15x6.5 Rota Slipstreams: gunmetal with polished lip, stock Goodyear tires, Hotchkis springs.

That's my roomate's Sierra to the side, he bought it new right at a year ago and does not take care of it, but he tries sometimes. It came from the dealer with chrome 20s
Old 06-07-2005, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

Originally Posted by fsr20det

its a very very mild stretch. i was told the proper size for a 7" is 205. ill be running a 195/50 on my 7" fronts and a 205/45 out back on the 8" rears. i know im giving all my secrets away but i figure people are asking themselves these questions (like i was)

paul, just follow your heart and your wildest dreams will come true. thats what i do.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice
Old 06-07-2005, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Still thinkin bout gold 17", but now dropped on 15" TSW Kalami with NF210.
might still be a little high, just put in last tuesday.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eXciteBox
Originally Posted by fsr20det

its a very very mild stretch. i was told the proper size for a 7" is 205. ill be running a 195/50 on my 7" fronts and a 205/45 out back on the 8" rears. i know im giving all my secrets away but i figure people are asking themselves these questions (like i was)

paul, just follow your heart and your wildest dreams will come true. thats what i do.
Didn't Jimmeny Cricket say something like that?

if i widing my rears (which i will), will i still need to use a spacer? And how big and would i need lug extensions? any special torqueing procedures? i have my torque wrench ready! (cost me an arm and a leg too. stupid Snap-On truck).
Old 06-07-2005, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

haha, when you wish upon a star. that's funny
Old 06-07-2005, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

its napolean dynamite

and just to clear everybody up im talking about DGTLLVR and what he said when he called me out one page back. the other haters i speak of are the guys like ctkillerxb:

"enough of those ugly a$$ rims where are the 19'and 20's at yo!"

like i said i dont care if your car has a toilet for an engine and whatnot im still gonna respect you. now im done. back to the wheels.

Paul, im not sure if you are going to need spacers or not. im not an expert, but i did stay at a holiday inn last night . all the numbers ive been spitting about work wheels came from work wheels and autofashion usa . those guys are fantastics helps and even told me what the lip on my wheels is going to be. (1.77" front and 2.24" rear) that seems a bit small to me but they are the experts. i would talk to some peeps on here that are running "standard" offset wheels and see if they are running spacers. you could always get the one ton garage hub spacers and not worry about stud spacers and longer studs
Old 06-07-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

o yeah the one tone spacer shims are sick. they are such a pretty piece its a shame to hide them
Old 06-07-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah ive seen them in person too. what a beautiful piece.

thats a good price for some japenese wheels i think. i think ill pay the extra for the silver though. bronze and BCP may look cool. i dunno
Old 06-07-2005, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

i think bronze and bcp will look sick. the silvers will look just as good if not better. thats just my opinion tho. i could try to photoshop it when im home or try to find a pic of a bcp on bronzes. im curious to see it myself
Old 06-07-2005, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the weds sport wheels own in general. and a price i can deal with too. tire rack wants like 150 more for the same wheel
http://www.gruppe-s.com/Weds/WedWheels.htm

im leaning toward the SA-90's
these are the bronze from tire rack

these are avalable in these colors too

ooooo im so excited. now i just need a second job :-\

part time sucks
Old 06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

yeah they are a sexy wheel. i went to that gruppe-s website and saw the sa-90 was the only 15" wheel with 4x100 bolt pattern. the sa-70's are AMAZING but i think the pattern is 5x114 and most weds wheels come in 17" or larger.

Quick Reply: Who's dropped on 15's ? ... post pics