Signature Visions
SL Member

*bump*
Old 06-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

calm down on the bumps. seriously. let the thread flow a little instead of bumping it. if people have pics theyll post them. this thread is already 17 pages long. i promise once mine are in (ive got 3 week backorder on them if that gives you a hint) ill post them up.

a bump once every couple days is good enough
Old 06-11-2005, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SSL, which springs are you waiting for? I cancelled my Goldline backorder for the time being.

I want to temp. drop on the stock springs. Measuring calipers, Jack stand, Spring compressor and a die grinder with cut-off wheel.

Honestly--- I don't see yet why I will even need to -remove- the Toyota springs just to -lop 'em down a couple to three inches-

what do you experienced guys think? I'm green. Am I also nuts?

??????
Old 06-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wheels you mean Scifly? Its a secret for now Staggered is all I'm going to tell ya (No Works or anything expensive though)

Springs I have. I'm running Tanabe DF210s and I LOVE them! I recommend them to all!

you could lop them... but its not safe at all. its really dangerous messing with spring rates and such. i really wouldnt. save up and do it right please. Temporarily , you could heat them and drop them but thats bad too. Dont cut though. Thats a big no no. If I were you, save up and do it right
Old 06-11-2005, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I"ve worked with springs all my adult life but not -car springs so much-

I would be doing this for trial, to see now much drop I really want and can tolerate on a daily-driving basis.

when the Goldlines come back into stock I guess I'll get them. OR if you feel that the Tans. are better, maybe I go that way. It isn't so much a budget thing as -teaching myself to know just what I want.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why cutting them down would be a saftety risk. Not so long as the spring cannot go slack in it's seating. And it won't, surely?

Well, I be watching for dat, fo' sho!

thanks for the inputs. fools like me often dig graves half-deep so they can step out if they change their minds. I have lived long this way.

cheers,
reid
Old 06-11-2005, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciFly
SSL, which springs are you waiting for? I cancelled my Goldline backorder for the time being.

I want to temp. drop on the stock springs. Measuring calipers, Jack stand, Spring compressor and a die grinder with cut-off wheel.

Honestly--- I don't see yet why I will even need to -remove- the Toyota springs just to -lop 'em down a couple to three inches-

what do you experienced guys think? I'm green. Am I also nuts?

??????
You ever see those ghetto Civics that look slammed but pogo over railroad tracks and speedbumps like a mechanical bull? That's what happens when you lop a few inches off stock springs and you're just bouncing on bump stops. Not pretty. Good springs are the best investment you can make on the xB... pretty much any decent progressive rate aftermarket coil will blow away the stockers.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

hey, thats off topic!
but seriously do it right or leave it stock is what i say. You can get deceny springs for under 200$. Why be cheap.
As stated before a set of springs is the best handleing improvement avialable in a single mod.
I plan on replacing mine once i see how the box handles the snow. Its still an unknown to me.
But lets stay on topic, post that question in corner carvers
Old 06-12-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes, finish to this sidebar. I -mainly wanted to try it because Goldlines are not currently available.. on long backorder (maybe). And my die grinder is hot. I'll put it away for now and wait for GL's or buy some other brand. Thanks
Old 06-13-2005, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member

I too am really pleased with my DF210's. Found a set on overboost.com for a LOT less than the other sites were selling them for.

Mod Edit DJXT
follow thread
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68146