Notices

Widest wheel on an xB?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

, they seems to have pretty soft sides that's why I use them for most of my wild stretches but they did hold up while I was driving them like that, one thing I suggest to everyone is, check your tire pressures every other week or so if you running stretch tire, it could save you $$.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

more pics..
Old 08-23-2006, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member

why the hell are you guys stretching tires? That is the stupidest sh*t I have ever seen. If you can't afford tires to fit the rims, don't do it in the first place. On top of that, why does an xB need a f*ckin' 11" rim in the rear? Its front engine, front wheel drive, are you worried about losing traction when you launch?

Old 08-23-2006, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by EvolutionxB
why the hell are you guys stretching tires? That is the stupidest sh*t I have ever seen. If you can't afford tires to fit the rims, don't do it in the first place. On top of that, why does an xB need a f*ckin' 11" rim in the rear? Its front engine, front wheel drive, are you worried about losing traction when you launch?

Its a style that many people like and strive to achieve, no need for calling people losers if thats what they want. There are entire car class categories regarding this style so it is an accepted style at some car shows.

Peace
Old 08-23-2006, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member

People strive to achieve that?

Please enlighten me as to the point? Is it purely cosmetic? If so, it looks so ridiculous, and dangerous. You could spark forest fires with that garbage if the rim hits the road or you corner at faster than 1 mph.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

I'll almost bet that most people on this thread are stiving to achieve some sort of that style to a degree........I have been strangely attracted to it but would never go to this degree but it is nice to see how creative other people are ......there is no need to make fun of others just because it doesen't fit """"""" YOUR STYLE """""" If you don't like it don't look
Old 08-23-2006, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member

If you read my post you will see that I referred to myself, meaning my opinion. Everyone can do whatever they choose to do. I also did not make fun of anyone specifically by stating the ridiculousness of the wheel/tire combination above.

It is just the ultimate oxy moron to purchase a car designed with for functionality and then break it.

Also, a 235 series tire (for example 235/45/17) can fit in the xBs wells. These tires (over 9 inches wide), are wider than the stretched tires pictured above, providing better grip and functionality to the xB instead of crippling it and or damaging it.

I just want to insure people are not being mislead into thinking that a 15" wide rim with 215/40 tires stretched onto it is the only way to equip a wider tire on the xB.

Its like practical joke, I have nothing better to do with my time, ridiculous.

So, this is my opinion, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

EvolutionxB .. if u dont like the style dont say nothin.. some times its better that way..
Old 08-24-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

If you read my post you will see that I referred to myself, meaning my opinion. Everyone can do whatever they choose to do. I also did not make fun of anyone specifically by stating the ridiculousness of the wheel/tire combination above.

It is just the ultimate oxy moron to purchase a car designed with for functionality and then break it.

Also, a 235 series tire (for example 235/45/17) can fit in the xBs wells. These tires (over 9 inches wide), are wider than the stretched tires pictured above, providing better grip and functionality to the xB instead of crippling it and or damaging it.

I just want to insure people are not being mislead into thinking that a 15" wide rim with 215/40 tires stretched onto it is the only way to equip a wider tire on the xB.

Its like practical joke, I have nothing better to do with my time, ridiculous.

So, this is my opinion, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

Dude, do some research before you come out like this and make yourself look like ........ !! I'm not even going to respond to you since that is just your personal close minded opinion !!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

sean post up the milk carton pic.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member

Lets both take a corner @ 30 mph and see who comes out without any damage. What area do you live in, if I hear of any brush fires, I know who to direct the authorities toward.

Also, I'm free to express my opinion, and I'm stating factual information.

Instead of replying with worthless words, you should reply with information explaining some of the reasons why this is popular, and how it is even physically possible or safe.

If you want people like me to be quiet, educate me so I can understand.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Lets both take a corner @ 30 mph and see who comes out without any damage. What area do you live in, if I hear of any brush fires, I know who to direct the authorities toward.

Also, I'm free to express my opinion, and I'm stating factual information.

Instead of replying with worthless words, you should reply with information explaining some of the reasons why this is popular, and how it is even physically possible or safe.

If you want people like me to be quiet, educate me so I can understand.

Damn I guess the box is your only car that's why you like practice in it and take corners with it !! For me this my little toy car and I got my other car for taking corners in !!

____ I'm not here to educate you, they got school for that !!
WWW.VIP-STYLE-UNIVERSITY.COM

As other members said this is a STYLE and if that is not enough for you then again all I can suggest is to do more research, and use search option on this site. There has been enough talk about this for the past couple of years which should be enough information for you to get a hang of the style !!Enjoy your little box and read read read !! I live in NorCal area and if you like take corners lets do it any time you like and I would be more than happy to even take you on a 75mph corner on my other car
Old 08-24-2006, 05:59 AM
5 Year Member

Hey, did some research and some thinking.

Sorry for raining on your parade. You may want to check the width of your tire to the width of your rims though. Only recommendations I saw were stretching a 245 on a 10 inch rim, not a 12.

You don't know what I ride in, so don't assume. I know what handling is and what cars can and can't do it. I'll give you a hint, it outruns 360 Modenas on Tsukuba.

Anyway, as I understand it, its like art, and certain people appreciate certain styles and artists, so apologies. I was looking at it from a functional stand point.

Thank you for the link.

Peace.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Hey, did some research and some thinking.

Sorry for raining on your parade. You may want to check the width of your tire to the width of your rims though. Only recommendations I saw were stretching a 245 on a 10 inch rim, not a 12.

You don't know what I ride in, so don't assume. I know what handling is and what cars can and can't do it. I'll give you a hint, it outruns 360 Modenas on Tsukuba.

Anyway, as I understand it, its like art, and certain people appreciate certain styles and artists, so apologies. I was looking at it from a functional stand point.

Thank you for the link.

Peace.
You didn't rain on anything; buddy !! I like to take things a little bit over the top so if I wanted to fit these on a Box that was the only option I had and I am proud of a wild stretch like that !! So if it is not your style sorry about that !!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JC
Old 08-24-2006, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member

Old 08-24-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know what handling is and what cars can and can't do it. I'll give you a hint, it outruns 360 Modenas on Tsukuba.
Sorry, I just had to laugh at this statement. Sounds like you're watching too much Best Motoring DVD's.

I might also add that some of those battles, btw, are staged (been to several).

*flame suit on*
Old 08-24-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why talk smack, you compete against a xB like that. Once again props to you. I like the new standard set for the car. I won't cop your style as I also know about that kinda look and have been planning the same thing. Prolly not the best place to post pics as most Scions here get riced. It's great to see a nonriced one these days. I'd keep o the VIP forums and le tthe others wonder where all the cool cars are.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

sean is taking us to the next step.....thank you sean for doing something NEW around here. being different is always good
Old 08-25-2006, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

Man that is the toughest looking M F er I have seen on here all hail the V I P chief

Quick Reply: Widest wheel on an xB?