Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Aiming Sonar Halo's

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Aiming Sonar Halo's

Got my halos installed, read about how to aim. Now what is happening, as I have adjusted the projectors (low) just right, the right (passenger) high is good, but the left high beam is about 10ft in front of me on the ground. Anyone know how, tricks, or is it possible to adjust "just" the high beam ???

Thanx !!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you have a link for the how to aim thread? cant seem to find it. i know about the screws on the back but how do you know how high and wide they should be aimed?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a reply from another site, this member said he just kept playin with his and finally got it right. I adjusted mine so much it broke the silicon seal and pushed the lense from the housing. I had to deinstall, adjust both adjustment points all the way back, reseal, let set and readjust them. This is the conclusion I've come to. ......
You got 2 adjustment screws, the top inside one over the high beam is the vertical (up-down) adjustment, the bottom outside is the horizontal (left-right) adjustment. The horizontal screw not only moves left-right, it also moves the light slightly up-down. Screw being on the bottom outside of the low beam instead of halfway, it tends to move the light up-down as it adjusts left-right as well as the top adjustment slightly moving the aim left-right when adjusting up-down cause that screw is top inside the high beam.
If these adjustment points were located in the middle of the horizontal & vertical points in the housing, they would adjust properly, but with them being located at opposite corners of the housing, you gotta "play" with em to get proper aim.........