Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Best Bra for xB?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team N.V.S.

Colgan is the best "bra" you will find for the xB, the clear bra is a good option but if you want a "bra" go with the Colgan.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-13-2020 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 09-20-2006, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got my LeBra full front end mask in yesterday and test fitted it. I only bought it for when I take road trips which I do every couple of months and I was more than pleased with the fit and quality. Only cost $78 shipped too compared to Colgan's $130 or so.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I too bought the LeBra one too cause it was cheap and boy did I regret it. It SUCKED!! The hood part would not stay down and would flap on the hood leaving a line across my hood from dirt and dust getting under it. I won't go into it again cause it makes me mad but I would not recommend the LeBra front end cover even to my enemys. CobraStngSVT Good luck with that bra I hope it works out better for you than it did for me all I can say is Good Luck to Anyone that buy's that in my opinion P.O.S. bra.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LVBoxman
I too bought the LeBra one too cause it was cheap and boy did I regret it. It SUCKED!! The hood part would not stay down and would flap on the hood leaving a line across my hood from dirt and dust getting under it. I won't go into it again cause it makes me mad but I would not recommend the LeBra front end cover even to my enemys. CobraStngSVT Good luck with that bra I hope it works out better for you than it did for me all I can say is Good Luck to Anyone that buy's that in my opinion P.O.S. bra.
where did it scratch the paint? he hood?
Old 09-21-2006, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Pretty much everywhere it contacts the paint. The Colgan comes with a soft backing and grips the paint. The LeBra has no lining, just the backside of the vinyl. It moves around and will get very loose after it heats up from the engine. Plus with the lack of the backing material there is nothing there to absorb the impact of road debris. It will actually do more harm than using no bra at all. Colgan is #1 for a reason and you are paying for superior materials and engineering that Lebra has neither of.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't have the pictures any more but the hood had a very light mark going across the hood But I took it off before it caused more damage. the bumper got like gouge marks right under the headlight on the edge from the bra moving around so much. And like Jethro b said there is no backing to the lebra like there is on the Colgan one does. I have not tried the Colgan one but I have seen one and the feel of it is was better than the lebra one the backing has a soft flannel type material where as the leba has nothing. I like the look of the black leather look on the front of a car so I'm planning on spending the extra money to get the Colgan one so I can take a road trip.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anything from Victoria Secret

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-13-2020 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 09-22-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Do the vinyl bras offer any real protection against rock chips? Im not so worried about the bugs, they will wash off, but rocks pack a bigger punch. I seems that a piece of gravel would just go right thru the vinyl and to the paint.

Feedback
Old 09-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not too sure which type of bra you are asking about, hotweelz, but the clear bras aren't vinyl - they are clearcoated urethane, and are incredibly tough.

The black lacy bras ARE vinyl, and if there isn't something behind the vinyl to spread the force of the blow, a rock CAN damage the paint right through them, but it doesn't usually happen. That's one more reaason the higher priced padded bras (with the felt or flannel like backing) are better than the less expensive ones.

I obviously lean toward the 3M films, and mine has proved itself to me over the past year+ by not allowing any rock damage in the protected areas (bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, skirt, grill).

Now if anyone finds a push-up...

Tomas
Old 09-23-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, due to the horror stories about the LeBra I am putting it up on ebay, cutting my losses and ordered a colgan tonght. Thanks for the heads up!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotweelz4me
Do the vinyl bras offer any real protection against rock chips? Im not so worried about the bugs, they will wash off, but rocks pack a bigger punch. I seems that a piece of gravel would just go right thru the vinyl and to the paint.

Feedback
The Colgan protect against rocks and bugs. You should worry about bugs getting on the crappy Scion paint. The bug guts are acidic and will eat through the clearcoat in no time. The Colgan has a nice thick layer of vinyl plus a thick felt layer that cushions against the impact. I've seen rocks punch right through a clear bra because you don't have the layer of cushion.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Colgan bra is defiantly the way to go for front end protection if you do not want to spend a lot on a clear bra. The only negative about Colgan is their customer support. They sent me the wrong bra first time and I had to pay to return it then the second bra did not fit properly. It was a little lose on the left front lower clip. I'm still dealing with them on this one so hopefully they will fix the problem. Anyways, I have included some pics for anyone who would like to see what a Colgan bra looks like on an xB. Mine is a carbon fiber bra/mirror covers, a little more expensive than the standard bra.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Where you aware that you could have had them stitch extra material into those fog holes? If cost me like 10 bucks extra.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, but I do plan to get some Fogs for the Box someday, even if I don't, at least I could sell the bra to someone else
who may have fog holes already. Probably next year I will be getting the Fab kit so this is just temporary.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-13-2020 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 09-25-2006, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Oh OK my bad.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got my colgan sport bra today. i ordered the carbon fiber look one and its sweet. super high quality. cant wait to use it on my next road trip
Old 10-05-2006, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dmpsk8
got my colgan sport bra today. i ordered the carbon fiber look one and its sweet. super high quality. cant wait to use it on my next road trip
Same here... got mine in today and i'm pretty happy I sold the LeBra and bought the Colgan. MUCH better quality.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

There is a couple places you'll want to lay down some tape so as not to get scuff marks. On each side of the bumper where the top bumper edge curves around. I may have to pull mine off and get pics with the tape on. There is a seam on mine that kind scuffs the paint lightly on both sides and the tape keeps it from doing it. Other than that it's perfect. On long trips I also tape up the A pillars along the side of the windshield for extra protection. If you look at that drivers side pic of the RS3.0 right above the round part of the Colgan logo. That is where the tape has to go. I put about 2 10 inch pieces overlapping slightly centered on the edge to just around the curve. You may or may not develope the scuffs. Keep an eye on that area. If you do Scratch X removes them and this will tell you where the tape must be located for you bra. It's not that much extra prep work to ready for installing it. I also blast off the inside areas that contact the paint with compressed air to clean out the dirt that builds up in the felt and inside of the mounting clips. You can see it fly off when it gets blasted with 100 psi of air pressure. Just my way to guard against unwanted scratches.