Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Fender Flare Quetsion?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:13 AM

Default Fender Flare Quetsion?

I've done a search, i've asked companies but nobody can give me a straight answer...

When the fender flares are installed is the outside lip of the fender lower with the flares on giving it the lowered look? Because i'm tucking my 18's right now inside my stock body with camber on the rear wheels so if i raised it up took the camber off and installed the fender flares would it appear as low with the flares?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member

im not sure if this is the answer youre looking for. I dont think that the flares will make your vehicle look lower. From the point they install they actually come straight out. They dont angle down at all towards the ground to give the illusion of the vehicle being lower than it really is. I have a set of BBIST flares im trying to get rid of and they are not shaped that way. I'm pretty sure noone elses are either. Also keep in mind that with fender flares they will add width to your vehicle and unless you run 20 - 25 mm spacers in the rear and 20mm front spacers or custom width and offset wheels your car will look weird. But if that's the route you want to go contact me. I'd sell you my flares. God knows I'm never going to use them. I hope this helps you out.

Sam
Old 04-25-2008, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they will make ur car look the same if not higher, just laid a set of bbist flares up to kirbys car running 18s and it made it higher. Drop the car and be done with it
Old 04-25-2008, 07:10 AM

ok... thats what i needed to know. Because i have the sportmax 962's 18x8.5 F 18x9.5 R and im lowered a lot. not really sure how much but my front end is 3.75" off the ground from the bottom of my airplitter. My front wheels are tucked into the fender and my rear have about .5" of wheel gap. The only way i'll raise my car is if the fenders were angled down to illude a lower look, but not i guess. Do you think you could take a couple pics? Thanks so much your time guys! MikeD
Old 04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they will make ur car look the same if not higher, just laid a set of bbist flares up to kirbys car running 18s and it made it higher. Drop the car and be done with it
Old 04-27-2008, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, they won't act as skirts to make the rears look tucked. You can cheat them down a little, but minimal. Plus, like stated above, they add almost 2" to each corner, so you will need spacers. IMHO, flares are only for those with crazy deep, negative offset wheels. Otherwise, camber and tuck looks much smoother.