Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Fog lights for lower grill Search

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Sweet installations, guys. Nice job. Gotta love a mod that's cheap AND looks this good!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

i cant find these things at walmart, and there isnt an autozone near me, is there anywhere else i can get these, i tried walmart.com too
Old 01-13-2007, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Try maybe pepboys, JEGs, or O'Reily.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

most auto part store should have them. i saw them at napa gi joes i think fred meyers. go some where around you that sell auto parts
Old 01-13-2007, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Is it possible to maybe put the fogs a little further back in so that you can still have the grille pieces in. I'm looking for a phantom look. I only want the fogs visible when they are on. Is there room, so that they can be recessed and the grille pieces put back in over the top of them?
Old 01-13-2007, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

HOLLY CRAP! scion want almost $50 for the factory fog light switch
Old 01-13-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I found them at walmart... they were 17 bucks. I still haven't found the switch yet.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by midgethearsexb
Is it possible to maybe put the fogs a little further back in so that you can still have the grille pieces in. I'm looking for a phantom look. I only want the fogs visible when they are on. Is there room, so that they can be recessed and the grille pieces put back in over the top of them?
The grill pieces in the corner are solid, as in there is no holes like the center grill piece. It is basically plastic backed, so you would have to dremmel out the holes, and make a mount behind the grill pieces, and oh yeah make or relocate the radiator support.... So basically it would not be worth it for some $17 fog lights.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Robot_Box
HOLLY CRAP! scion want almost $50 for the factory fog light switch
Like I said earlier there is a guy selling switches in the sponsored sales for like $8 a switch. Some are lighted and some are not. He also has fog light switches.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=147836
Old 01-14-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Switch thread, see 5 posts down:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...407&highlight=
Old 01-14-2007, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone got an up close pic of how well they fit the lower grill area?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member

im gonna try to install my fogs today..(if my bud with the dremel can come by my work)..

I am gonna dremel the hole for the fogs, and i am thinking of dremeling out a bit of the bumper behind where the fog light would go, as so i can flush the fog light in there a bit...probably like a 2x3 inch hole. maybe by doing that i can flush them in enough so i KNOW i wont have any fog light rattle.

as for the switch, i ordered one from the dude in the sales thread who has them with fog logos and lights on his switches..he is backordered right now..but i think the fog light switch will be a nice touch.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I was looking at the way they fit last night... I'd imagine you'd have to go into the bottom of the lip since there's a cutout on the topside of the drivers side bumper. How is everyone making the hole? Is the dremel the best option? I'm weary of drilling in such a visible location... if I decide to take the fogs out, I didn't really want to be stuck with a hole in the lip.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The way I did it was I took off the 2 end grill pieces and for the mounting bolt I drilled a hole into where the grill piece went. I didnt have to cut anything off of the bumber and if I ever take the fog lights out I can just put the grill pieces back in and it will look like new. I have a pic in my profile of my front kinda from the side.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I'll have to look into it a bit more, from what I could tell, when I test fit the housing into the area where the grille pieces used to be, the hole would have to be in front of that... it's hard to explain, I guess I just can't get them to fit deep enough to make the hole less noticeable.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member

^thats a good idea.. but i dont think the fogs i got will fit screwed in at where the OG grille pieces went. i went and looked at it again, i think i will only need to cut down a bit from the hole that already exsists...the cables are snaggin and curlling abit, causing me to lose a little bit of room to make them sit flush..i want to make these sit pretty deep, cause if i were to install without cutting, it would stick out a bit out of the bumper, wheel side.

I would say if you are worred about having holes in the bumper when you take the fogs out, dremel the whole clean, and you can buy a plug for 2 bucks, paint it, and drop it in. just keep the whole clean and i think that would be a clean fix. the bolt should be a 1/4". get a 1/4" plug. probably get the same ones people use for licence plate plugs..right?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

The plugs would likely be a perfect solution for that... hadn't thought of those, thanks.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member

well i finally got mine in and running..had to use the janky switch that came with the set as i am still waiting for my fog switch that will fit into the lower dash..

took me longer then i thought it would to wire it, but i came out pretty good. i was worried as to were i was gonna hook up the ground wires for the lights, as i didnt want to have to cut into anything, but i figured out that i can hook them into the far left and far right 10mm bolts that hold the bumper in place, right next to and under the fog lights..perfect solution. ran the cables thru the firewall cable plug, had to cut a small hold in the engine bay side, but was able to manuver the cables thru the other side without having to cut, cause i was able to pull a little bit of the plug out and have them slide right in..i just taped the cables to a screw driver, and fed them thru till they popped out...

i used a small blade to pop out the guard where the switch will go, and fed the wires thru the back side without having to take any panelling off...as for the ground wire for the switch, there is a plece of metal underneath the dash that sticks out and has a hole for a screw, that fit pretty well for the ground cable screw...it was a little wobbley, but i will find the right screw and make it fit..

made sure everything was secured enough, and fired it up....really happy with them, now i just need to adjust them and make them str8.

much better then the stock fogs, which look more like extra headlights to me. haha...

30 dollar mod including the switch...not bad..!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, for the guy that asked earlier....you dont use any existing wiring in your vehicle to install these. The kit comes complete. You just run a wire to your battery/fuse box and a wire to both fogs and connect them both to a switch in the cabin. No relays, no removing paneling inside your ride. Its very simple, fast, and definitely an improvement over factory fogs.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Could I just connect them to my headlights using T-taps, or would that be a bad idea?

Quick Reply: Fog lights for lower grill Search