Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

The Gothbox got new paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I like it...thats great!! Way to do your own thing!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

thanx, and just in case anyone was wondering about the inside, here you go. these are not that great but I will get some better ones very soon,

Old 03-22-2007, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Bossman
dude i love it....cuz it really was thought of outside the norm. THE ONLY suggestion I can make- loose the red 002's or repaint those black. the firetruck red clashes too much with the rust color. trust me on this! but again its freaking sweet man. big props for being diff.
so this guy should get different wheels also?
http://magoos.co.nz/images/Gibbons%20rat%20rod.jpg
or this guy?
http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~bwjo...0rat%20rod.jpg

i could go on all day but i think you get my point.

I also plan on doing some more rat rod style stuff, like Rat Fink decals, pin stripes, and some Mexican blanket seats, etc...
Old 03-22-2007, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive never really liked what you have been doing to your box, but it does look interesting.

doesnt look bad at all, i agree that the red wheels kinda clash, not on only yours, but those other cars too. just because it is classic doesnt mean its right.

either way, keep up whatever your plans are.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up for originality! Nice.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that dusty interior is uber goth.

in all seriousness, the car looks sweet. i like the red wheels and understood right off the bat what you were going for, even though the wheels are more of a jdm inspired thing.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Love the old skool shifter. How hard was it to modify it? OD button and the gear release button? If it wouldnt bother you can you shoot me a PM? Ive had an idea floating around for a while but I would like to know how you did it.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Amazingly cool! This has got to be one of my favorite xBs I have ever seen. You made this car a one of a kind. Great vision!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very cool. I really dig it. So you painted this yourself? Can I also ask.....a couple of pics down you can see in side your front wheel well. How come the plastic looks all bent up? Were you rubbing? Just curious.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nicely done! I liked the black better, but it's still impressive work. Would be more so if the last RS-box hadn't been Torched Penny, which usually looks brown.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have taking facial piercings to the next level
Old 03-23-2007, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by randomsuper
that dusty interior is uber goth.

in all seriousness, the car looks sweet. i like the red wheels and understood right off the bat what you were going for, even though the wheels are more of a jdm inspired thing.
yea I know it was dirty in that pic, but it was taken in the winter in the car show off season. it is clean now
I guess the wheels would be the modern part of the whole look.

Originally Posted by El_Jorge
Love the old skool shifter. How hard was it to modify it? OD button and the gear release button? If it wouldnt bother you can you shoot me a PM? Ive had an idea floating around for a while but I would like to know how you did it.
it was not hard to do, took me about an hour, and $5 worth of parts. I will PM you with more info.

Originally Posted by Frosty355
Amazingly cool! This has got to be one of my favorite xBs I have ever seen. You made this car a one of a kind. Great vision!
you are joking right? there is now way that you are serious If so, than thank you very much, this car is my life, and what I live for. Screw meds and the doctors.

Originally Posted by mattxb
Very cool. I really dig it. So you painted this yourself? Can I also ask.....a couple of pics down you can see in side your front wheel well. How come the plastic looks all bent up? Were you rubbing? Just curious.
yes I did paint it myself, as well as the black. The wheel well is beat up a little I have replaced the fender and it has never been the same, and it does rub a little when I turn and hit a bump. I also have taken the wheel well off so many times that it is just beat to heck and back.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

[quote="Gothbox"]
Originally Posted by randomsuper
Originally Posted by Frosty355
you are joking right? there is now way that you are serious If so, than thank you very much, this car is my life, and what I live for. Screw meds and the doctors.
Not joking at all. I think it's great! What can I say I really like one of a kinds.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

you made my day with this photo..

when i was first looking in the interior i noticed the bar and was like...is that what i think it is?? and low and behold it was!! i so always thought that would be mad pimp in an xb (mini trucker rat rodish) i was looking at the marble ***** as well for the longest time... but my car is not built to that style so it would be not tasteful if i did it to mine but i'm glad i got to see someone do it! YAY! thats so PIMP! *gets all giddy*nice tatts btw ...great expression of living-art IMO
Old 03-25-2007, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

thanx^ I made that shifter after one of my co workers made a joke about doing one, I was like "done deal" and I have loved it ever since.

on a diff note it is amazing how much a diff camera makes in the color of a car, this was taken at a car show by a fellow car club member with a "real" camera, looks compleatly different.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gothbox
dude i love it....cuz it really was thought of outside the norm. THE ONLY suggestion I can make- loose the red 002's or repaint those black. the firetruck red clashes too much with the rust color. trust me on this! but again its freaking sweet man. big props for being diff.
or this guy?

I also plan on doing some more rat rod style stuff, like Rat Fink decals, pin stripes, and some Mexican blanket seats, etc...
honestly, yes I still think you should loose the red 002's....just cant compare the scion to a chop'd rod and/or rat rod. I know its the influence, but dot forget they are also running a white-wall tire which helps offset the color difference. its the subtle differences, but again I still stand by the idea of at least changing the center color.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i think the next rims you get paint to color match the rust paint
Old 03-25-2007, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Gothbox
or this guy?

honestly, yes I still think you should loose the red 002's....just cant compare the scion to a chop'd rod and/or rat rod. I know its the influence, but dot forget they are also running a white-wall tire which helps offset the color difference. its the subtle differences, but again I still stand by the idea of at least changing the center color.
find me some white wall tires in size 195/45/15 and I will run them in a heart beat.