Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

for the hardcore JDM kats

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default for the hardcore JDM kats

i got no problem with em, but I bet you hardcorde JDM kats are mad. hahaha.
i bet you all are cringing right now. let the hating and ranting on how theyre fake commence....NOW!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-33...temZ7994820496
Old 08-24-2005, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

MY SOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLL IS BURNING!!!

seriuosly though thats absolutley a crime
Old 08-24-2005, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

whats kinda funny is the whole set is the price of one real euroline. hahaha
Old 08-24-2005, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

haha im sure hyundai is a car worthy of "jdm style" too

i went out of my way to get real jdm lover soul wheels, if they EVER make a knockoff of it i WILL cry
Old 08-24-2005, 03:59 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh well, its bound to happen. if they came in better offsets (staggered), you better believe id buy a set. name isnt everything. i can see some of the JDM hardcore guys getting ____ed, but they really shouldnt. thats stupid. name doesnt mean jack poop IMO.

scott
Old 08-24-2005, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not mad cuz I have the real thing!!
v---see below
Old 08-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

exactly. if you have the real thing, you have the real thing. ive got Works right now (not nearly as expensive as Jims and most peoples) but I dont care if they copym. Lettem. I didnt buy my wheels for the name. I boughtem for the specific look they have . If people like replicas, thats cool, do what your budget can allow. Thats my theory.

Scott
Old 08-24-2005, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ditto to sexyscionlover: I go for the look, not the name.

Yes, work wheels are way better (read: lighter, stronger, and straighter) than these wheels. Are they worth $2000 more? Depends. I'd go for the knockoffs myself.

[/ jobless]
Old 08-24-2005, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think its more about the person making the knock off then the person who would actually buy it!!

Just be sure you all dont invent something someday...cuz if it gets ripped off we'll probably see the real side of you!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BOOOO!! You can easily see the difference between WORK Eurolines and those pieces of Shhh. Its really obvious. The LIP tells all!! hahahha.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but the monies saved can go for powdercoating these wheels body color and being super-special!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

my thought is go for the looks. if you can spend the cash to get the authentic, go for it.

but if you see a armani shirt that looks EXACTLY like a shirt u saw at tj maxx....save yourself some cash. go to tj maxx
Old 08-24-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

go for the bling. you have no idea the cred you'll carry. I have had to clean the drool off the wheels a few times at Formula D. Can't beat that! But whatever.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by JDMJim
go for the bling. you have no idea the cred you'll carry. I have had to clean the drool off the wheels a few times at Formula D. Can't beat that! But whatever.
cred? hehe, i guess thats cool and all. but im really only doing it for my personal taste. i just wanna go for the overall look that satisfies me. and if other people dig it, cool. if not, cool. u know? but as i said... if you can do it, nice, go for it. if you cant, no worries.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I'm with JDMJim go for the bling that makes you happy and you can pay for. Now I'm able to buy my bling Euroline N2
Old 08-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well come to nebraska and see what that bling gets ya....

unless you have 66" tires on your tractor, you aint nothin.

try mentioning "Work" to anyone from around here, all you get is one big "huh".

Like I said, go with what you can afford, but most importantly, go for looks.

Scott
Old 08-24-2005, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by XTRMGMR
I'm with JDMJim go for the bling that makes you happy and you can pay for. Now I'm able to buy my bling Euroline N2
i never said i was or wasnt getting them, i just posted them. and its cool to go for the bling if you wanna.

it just seems like cats on this board talk down to people, and make them feel like crap, if they cant afford to get the real deal. just showing some peeps other options.

you have your "name brand" people and your "i like how this looks" people. i just like how stuff looks.

and plus Max2k approves so HA!

hehehe
Old 08-24-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off, I hope you guys know that there are like 25 companies that make 5 spoke monoblock wheels in japan. Work isn't the only wheel company over there, you guys just fetishize their products because of their high cost. It's like they're the Louis Vuitton of tuner wheels. People buy them because they cost a lot, then get all upset when they get knocked off. That analogy doesn't even work, Louis Vuitton owns the monogram canvas pattern. Work just copied someone else.

It's all in precisely what layer of knockoff you want. Work didn't invent or popularize this wheel style, the AMG division of Mercedes-Benz did. If you ask me, this:
is a knockoff of this:

While you guys talk trash on these wheels being drilled for hyundais there are probably some Mercedes owners talkin' trash on Work for making 'their' wheels to fit toyotas and other japanese cars.

And yes, there are differences in quality between brand-name wheels and no-name. Works are forged and available in custom offsets. Does that make them worth another two thousand dollars to me? No. You don't buy monoblocks because they're light, you buy them because you like the way they look. If I can get something that looks exactly the same for 1/5 the price, please believe I'm saving that 2 thousand dollars and buying some leather and coilovers.

It's like how Coach handbags are really really well made, but most people don't really care about that. What they want is the bag with the huge double Cs on the sides so everyone knows they had $400 to throw away on a handbag, not the exquisitely stitched leather bottom.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Max2k
First off, I hope you guys know that there are like 25 companies that make 5 spoke monoblock wheels in japan. Work isn't the only wheel company over there, you guys just fetishize their products because of their high cost. It's like they're the Louis Vuitton of tuner wheels. People buy them because they cost a lot, then get all upset when they get knocked off. That analogy doesn't even work, Louis Vuitton owns the monogram canvas pattern. Work just copied someone else.

It's all in precisely what layer of knockoff you want. Work didn't invent or popularize this wheel style, the AMG division of Mercedes-Benz did. If you ask me, this:
is a knockoff of this:

While you guys talk trash on these wheels being drilled for hyundais there are probably some Mercedes owners talkin' trash on Work for making 'their' wheels to fit toyotas and other japanese cars.

And yes, there are differences in quality between brand-name wheels and no-name. Works are forged and available in custom offsets. Does that make them worth another two thousand dollars to me? No. You don't buy monoblocks because they're light, you buy them because you like the way they look. If I can get something that looks exactly the same for 1/5 the price, please believe I'm saving that 2 thousand dollars and buying some leather and coilovers.

It's like how Coach handbags are really really well made, but most people don't really care about that. What they want is the bag with the huge double Cs on the sides so everyone knows they had $400 to throw away on a handbag, not the exquisitely stitched leather bottom.
word! *doing a bboy stance*
Old 08-24-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are you people arguing about? the bolt pattern does not even fit our xBs

Quick Reply: for the hardcore JDM kats