Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Ichiko Style Light ??? JDM peeps please help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Default Ichiko Style Light ??? JDM peeps please help !!!

I noticed upon looking that the USDM Ichiko style lights do not match the real JDM Ichiko's.

Here is the question, is it possible to swap the low beam with the high beam on these to give them a more authentic look. Not the bulbs, the entire lights themselves

I believe the low is a 9006 & the high is a 9005 or I have it backwards. I am not sure if the plugs are any different on these or if they can just be swapped & plugged right in with no ill effects.

Here are some pics I borrowed off some of the members on SL.com. to show the difference in the real from the fake. I hope they don't mind !!!

I hope you can tell by the pics what I am talking about, these were all I could find at the moment. The light with the little city light should be closest to the fender & the light with the little crome cover should be closest to the grille.

If you notice the two lights are backwards on the real vs. JDM Style or USDM.

Real JDM

USDM

Old 01-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont fake the funk. get the real things or get the ichiko. thats my take on it. sorry i cant help fix your dilemma.

scott
Old 01-18-2006, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sexyscionlover
dont fake the funk. get the real things or get the ichiko. thats my take on it. sorry i cant help fix your dilemma.

scott
i think you're confused. the real things are the ichiko's......
Old 01-18-2006, 05:29 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my bad. i meant get the real things or the scionsport. dont get the scionsport and make them look like the real thing if theyre not my fav set of those has to be the color matched white ones on the stylewagon bB bible bB.

sorry about the confusion. im saying get the ichikos, or get the knockoffs and stick with them and dont fake the funk. sorry for the typo.

scott
Old 01-18-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Get the immitations. Why pay over $1000 for headlights?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

I already have the imitations, I am trying to fake the funk as written above LOL !!!

In all honesty I am really not worried about them being real or fake. I just want them to look authentic. I would gladly tell people they are the ScionSport ones even after I swap the lights as I would never pay 1k for lights. If I can make them look like the 1k ones, I personally will be happier.

So anyone know if the plugs will work swapped ?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Ichiko Style Light ??? JDM peeps please help !!!

Damn that is one bada$$ box...
Old 01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Yeah that is !!!

That is a real deal bB, I copped the pic off of a thread on here somewhere. Can't remember where though. According to the thread the guy also owns a AWD bB, but no pics or how he did it

Yeah, I like it too !!!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

eh do what ya gotta do. i do the whole authentic thing because the quality seems to be better on most occasions, and i feel better knowing i have the real thing that you cant get in the US. maybe thats just me. im seriously considering pickin up a set of the ichikos for this show season.

scott
Old 01-18-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by sexyscionlover
eh do what ya gotta do. i do the whole authentic thing because the quality seems to be better on most occasions, and i feel better knowing i have the real thing that you cant get in the US. maybe thats just me. im seriously considering pickin up a set of the ichikos for this show season.

scott
I understand that & I was not trying to offend any of the real JDM freaks on here. Belive me if I could afford the 1k I would get the JDM because of the reasons you posted. But for a single father 1k lights is by no means in my price range.

For the price I paid I can't complain about how the box will look with them on. I am not saying don't pay the money for the real deal, I just wouldn't because of my situation.

The whole reason I posted this is because I think the city lights are going to look terrible lit by the grille, then there is a blank spot, then the parking lamp. I plan to run amber city lights & I just think it will look better lit up with it next to the parking lamp.

Either way definately pick up a set, real or fake they are sweet looking as the pics above are proof of that !!!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

next time i come over ill help you take a look at them
Old 01-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agreed. i meant nothing by it by the way. if i can get the same part and quality in the US for cheaper, I GLADLY will!

by the way and totally off topic, hows the xB coming along Dustin? Is you know what on yet?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Ichiko Style Light ??? JDM peeps please help !!!

Originally Posted by Boxer_Rebellion
Damn that is one bada$$ box...
x2...if he would just paint that hood it would look better...
Old 01-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

We have a guys in HAwaii with the Real Ones he paid over 1 grand for his... and when you drive the JDM ones due to the drive being onthe passenger side the beam faces the wronge way..
Old 01-19-2006, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is who marshall is talking about......

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...975&highlight=
Old 01-19-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by eight08customs
We have a guys in HAwaii with the Real Ones he paid over 1 grand for his... and when you drive the JDM ones due to the drive being onthe passenger side the beam faces the wronge way..
So what you are saying Marshall is it is possible to do but the lights will be in the wrong spot correct ? I could switch the lights but the high beam will be near the fender & the low will be by the grille & there is no way to change that due to the wireing & different bulb sizes right ?

Cause I do know that you cannot just switch the connectors from one light housing to the other cause I tried & failed. The low socket wont fit in the high socket.

magicmanjk808 - Thanks for that link, that xB is hot !!!
Old 01-19-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what marshall was saying is, the jdm ones aim towards the left and into on coming traffiic, rather than the fake ones which would aim towards the right.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by magicmanjk808
what marshall was saying is, the jdm ones aim towards the left and into on coming traffiic, rather than the fake ones which would aim towards the right.
it helps light up the road for the oncoming traffice so they can see where they're going better...
Old 01-19-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bassist1217
it helps light up the road for the oncoming traffice so they can see where they're going better...
exactly...that's the excuse i use for my headlights, i even got hid's because i wanted to make sure i helped others see....
Old 01-19-2006, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bassist1217
exactly...that's the excuse i use for my headlights, i even got hid's because i wanted to make sure i helped others see....
same here. speaking of which, i need to re-aim mine...the one on my side is right, but the other one is up where high beams should be. my mom said my car looks like it has a crazy eye.

Quick Reply: Ichiko Style Light ??? JDM peeps please help !!!