Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Ichiko Style Light ??? JDM peeps please help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Blue05xB
Yeah that is !!!
According to the thread the guy also owns a AWD bB, but no pics or how he did it
how he made it AWD? in japan thats an option. lucky bastards.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmmm
Old 01-29-2006, 10:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I PM'd EEk (the guy in Hawaii with the JDM ichiko's)... after seeing his car in hawaii.... bout the lights... I think he said he had some1 re-work the lights some so they'd work correctly in the US... i think it was to get them to have the US beam pattern but not sure... maybe it was some other little electrical wiring thing.. ...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

The thing I am trying to figure out is this & keep in mind I have the JDM style not the real thing.

Say I have the driver side headlight in my hand. I just want to take the entire low beam & switch it with the entire high beam. Just trade the position of the lights themselves in the housing.

I know the sockets can't be swapped from one to the other. Now if I were to do this, my headlights would come on by my grille & my high beams would be near the fender. Unless I can rewire the lights to work the opposite, which would mean my original high beam would become my low beam & my low my high. I don't even know if this is possible cause of the different bulbs one being a 9006 & the other a 9005. This is confusing

I wish I could show one of you guys what I mean, it would make more sense & probably be alot easier for you guys to answer.

I really do appreciate the help you guys are trying to give me though. Hopefully I can figure out a better way to explain. Maybe I will take some pics & post tonight & try to point out what I want to do.

Thanks again everyone
Old 01-29-2006, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So where did you buy the fake ones from?
Old 01-29-2006, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by oBnoXious_XB
So where did you buy the fake ones from?
www.scionsport.com

Look under lighting
Old 01-29-2006, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The thing I am trying to figure out is this & keep in mind I have the JDM style not the real thing.

Say I have the driver side headlight in my hand. I just want to take the entire low beam & switch it with the entire high beam. Just trade the position of the lights themselves in the housing.

I know the sockets can't be swapped from one to the other. Now if I were to do this, my headlights would come on by my grille & my high beams would be near the fender. Unless I can rewire the lights to work the opposite, which would mean my original high beam would become my low beam & my low my high. I don't even know if this is possible cause of the different bulbs one being a 9006 & the other a 9005. This is confusing

I wish I could show one of you guys what I mean, it would make more sense & probably be alot easier for you guys to answer.

I really do appreciate the help you guys are trying to give me though. Hopefully I can figure out a better way to explain. Maybe I will take some pics & post tonight & try to point out what I want to do.

Thanks again everyone
ok... that's only been asked a dozen times and no ones answered it. what is so hard about this? asking all the questions is more work than actually doing it. Take the headlights apart and reassemble them with the lows inside and highs outside. it's the same stupid bulb housing with different rears. man, everyone's gotta make everything complicated. grab your socket set and go outside for 20 minutes and do it.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionSemper
ok... that's only been asked a dozen times and no ones answered it. what is so hard about this? asking all the questions is more work than actually doing it. Take the headlights apart and reassemble them with the lows inside and highs outside. it's the same stupid bulb housing with different rears. man, everyone's gotta make everything complicated. grab your socket set and go outside for 20 minutes and do it.
Well hell why didn't I think of that before posting all of this

Oh yeah thats right I live in PA wich this time of year is oh about 40 or less degrees a day always cloudy & raining or snowing. Yeah but your from CA how would you know that ? You could go out on any giving day & do this

Tell you what when the weather clears up here I will be the first one out trying this untill then, does any one who is not a smart as$ from a warm all year round climate have something helpful to contribute ?

It would be easier for me to figure this out ahead of time & putting it all together before going out & freezing my ___ off.

If I am coming across wrong I am sorry maybe I read too deep into your post, but I think you were trying to make me out to be an idiot.

I am far from an idiot & have already thought of what your post said. I have done every mod on my xB myself without a shop & can figure things out on my own. I just thought if someone on here could help me out it would save me alot of time & aggrevation & cold weather I don't need to be out in.

Thanks & be helpful in the future or stay out of my topic
Old 01-30-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I am coming across wrong I am sorry maybe I read too deep into your post, but I think you were trying to make me out to be an idiot.

I am far from an idiot & have already thought of what your post said. I have done every mod on my xB myself without a shop & can figure things out on my own. I just thought if someone on here could help me out it would save me alot of time & aggrevation & cold weather I don't need to be out in.

Thanks & be helpful in the future or stay out of my topic
ummm... ok.. there's the fastest way to jump to the furthest conclusion I guess. and this would be a good reason why my post count is up to like 10 in the last 2 years.

-- and contrary to east coast opinion, Ca isn't all sun and good times. It freezes here too. 40 isn't that cold ... especially if you're living in TRUCKEE where there's 11' of snow outside. some slices of our heaven totally ruin the San Diego image.

My point was 1. that no one's bothered to address your question and 2. that your question was an easy solution. go outside... unbolt the lights... bring them back in, rearrange them, go back out and reinstall. I'm sure the 10 minutes on each trip outside to remove and replace won't put you in the hospital. Your 'mod' you want is simple.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionSemper
ummm... ok.. there's the fastest way to jump to the furthest conclusion I guess. and this would be a good reason why my post count is up to like 10 in the last 2 years.

-- and contrary to east coast opinion, Ca isn't all sun and good times. It freezes here too. 40 isn't that cold ... especially if you're living in TRUCKEE where there's 11' of snow outside. some slices of our heaven totally ruin the San Diego image.

My point was 1. that no one's bothered to address your question and 2. that your question was an easy solution. go outside... unbolt the lights... bring them back in, rearrange them, go back out and reinstall. I'm sure the 10 minutes on each trip outside to remove and replace won't put you in the hospital. Your 'mod' you want is simple.
As I said I may have read too deep into the post. But you are coming across as quite a dick so as I said "Thanks & be helpful in the future or stay out of my topic "

As for your point 1, I was not sure I was explaining this enough for someone to understand. The answer to my question ! All I was getting was answers about JDM light patterns which should not matter cause I do not have the JDM lights.

Point 2 the lights are not mounted yet as they are going to be painted before installing. If it was warm & sunny I would be out there finding this out for myself.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help on something before going through the trouble of unbolting the bumper, removing the headlights on your car, installing the new ones, swapping the lights to find out it won't work anyway all before the light housings are painted & having to remount everything back to the way it was.

Alot of people on here enjoy helping each other out, it's the Scion way or at least it should be. If this is how you react to everyones posts for help then I must say I am glad to see your post count at 10 & suggest it stay there.

This is my topic & if you are not going to contribute in a kind helpful matter & are going to start a flame war with me please, just leave gracefully & don't make an as$ of yourself. This community I am sure frowns upon this sort of thing & I am not going to tolerate it in my post.

Thanks again for whatever it is you were trying to contribute but your help is no longer needed here !

Can't we all just get along
Old 01-30-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish I lived in all sunny all the time climate.

Oh wait...I do.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh wait...I do.
no ones sig matches themselves as much as your does...
Old 01-30-2006, 10:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do what i can
Old 01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by magicmanjk808

Oh wait...I do.
no ones sig matches themselves as much as your does...
Nice
Old 01-31-2006, 06:52 PM
rj
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Camo box with the billet grill is my ride. I have since changed the grills..
All I can say that George from ScionSport is a great guy to deal with.. and I love my headlights and taillights I got from him.. . I don't care if its True JDM or not. I was going for a certain look for myself and the quality of the lights as well the price.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by rj
The Camo box with the billet grill is my ride. I have since changed the grills..
All I can say that George from ScionSport is a great guy to deal with.. and I love my headlights and taillights I got from him.. . I don't care if its True JDM or not. I was going for a certain look for myself and the quality of the lights as well the price.
rj I hope you didn't mind me posting that. There are not too may of us rolling or in my case soon to be rolling with these lights. I really like the grilles in the pics soooo come on New Pics !!!!

I am actually looking for a grille that works with these lights so new pics would be great !
Old 02-01-2006, 12:47 PM
rj
5 Year Member
SL Member

rj I hope you didn't mind me posting that. There are not too may of us rolling or in my case soon to be rolling with these lights. I really like the grilles in the pics soooo come on New Pics !!!!

I am actually looking for a grille that works with these lights so new pics would be great !
And no issues with you grabbing the pix to use as an example

Here are the Speed Grills I installs instead of the billet grills
I was trying to match up the grill color to my wheels. This is the 1st attempt, they looked close when I had them next to the wheel.. but soon as it was in the box it looks a bit more goldish than gun metalish.
I will have updates soon as I get them painted again. Just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

rj

That looks great !!!!

Three questions :

What did it cost you to have the lights color matched ?

Still got the original billets ? If so wanna sell em ?

Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Again, great job & yes please update when the final paint work is done !!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rj the color match looks great on the lights, I was not sure I liked them when they first came out....but I now know they look good on a camo.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats hot.

Quick Reply: Ichiko Style Light ??? JDM peeps please help !!!