Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Lexus Badges for Scion

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Yeah, I think it was called "black pearl" or something like that. It's suppose to be more expensive than the gold and chrome ones.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by wyldkard
Oh....man I forgot to put j/k after I made the comment about my JEEP badges. I don't have JEEP badges...just a carbon fiber bB badge on the front.

-Z
I got some Jeep badges we can put on your car!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by techick
hmmm... why do we change the names of the imports? I think thats stupid of us to do that.
Sometimes it's done because they don't think the original names will play in the USA... Remember Datsun? They were always called Nissan in Japan but they renamed it because they didn't think it would be accepted well here. it was always confusing to me when I was young why a Datsun had Nismo written all over it... Then they finally decided we could handle it and changed their name back...

Names can have a big impact, just ask Chevy about their car they made to try and capture the market in Mexico - the Nova...
Old 02-09-2005, 02:09 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does chevy nova mean chevy no go or some thing like that???
Old 02-09-2005, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yes, basically "Doesn't Go" or won't go

That's why I always crigned at the Lemans too close to lemons.

There used to be a car dealer in Ca named Jim Slemons. I always saw it as Jim's Lemons
Old 02-09-2005, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Bouncer, there is someone with a Lexus badge on a box in Japan. I say it in a VIP Wagon Magazine, Nov 04 issue. As weird as it is, errbody has there own taste. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Didn't I see somewhere NILO'S latest version of his xB sporting Toyota Badges??? So why is it ok for NILO to pull that off with props and Tamago keeps giving Bouncer ____. I don't think Lexus badges are as pointless as a 4 point racing harness in an xA, hell that must add at least 10hp. I personally like the Lexus badge better than the scion badge. I think the scion badge looks like something a ninja would throw at you.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by hornet_on_flower
And in Canada, the Buick Lacrosse translates to Buick Masturbation.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by lavabox
Didn't I see somewhere NILO'S latest version of his xB sporting Toyota Badges??? So why is it ok for NILO to pull that off with props and Tamago keeps giving Bouncer ____. I don't think Lexus badges are as pointless as a 4 point racing harness in an xA, hell that must add at least 10hp. I personally like the Lexus badge better than the scion badge. I think the scion badge looks like something a ninja would throw at you.
Lexus = Toyota
Scion = Toyota
Scion != Lexus

Also, I've never seen a Lexus with hubcaps...

You do what you want to your car. Besides, you're the one that will have to deal with the back talk.

Anyway, Tamago races at auto-x events and he's pretty good at it. Racing harnesses help keep your body planted in your seat while driving. Auto-x tracks have lots of twists and turns, in which the racing harness helps a lot. I'm sure Tamago will chime in in the morning...

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Originally Posted by hornet_on_flower
And in Canada, the Buick Lacrosse translates to Buick Masturbation.
Oh man...
Old 02-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by lavabox
I don't think Lexus badges are as pointless as a 4 point racing harness in an xA.
that's because you're a ricer at heart.

what's more important to you? making your car look better or perform better? if you say look better, then i guess that's why you have the mentality that you do.

if you say perform better, then why are you giving me ____ for lightening my car and improving my chances of crossing the finish line before the other guy? in what way is that pointless? because i dont' have lexus badges?

if you saw my car, you'd see that i've gone form over function almost 100%. the function of my momos is to lower the car's weight, while allowing for better stability during autoX. the 5pt harness is to hold me to my seat while i race, so i can concentrate on DRIVING.

i will continue to give Bouncer for one reason only. he wants to have lexus badges, but he thinks they're too expensive.. what a moron. if you want to "bling" out your ride, then "bling" it right. if you can't afford lexus badges for your ricebox, then you probably shouldn't be putting them on.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only problem I have with this thread is that he said not to give him any b/s, it's his decision, blah blah.

He knows and everyone else knows that there will be certain people(s) that will give him b/s no matter what.

Just shoulda kept your mouth shut or haven't even started this thread...and put those Lexus emblems on already.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tone_xB
Just shoulda kept your mouth shut or haven't even started this thread...and put those Lexus emblems on already.
I agree. This thread needs to be locked. Just do it, but don't post a thread with pictures of your car afterwards, because you'll inevitably get the "stupid ricer thinks he has a lexus" comment.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by uncompiled
I agree. This thread needs to be locked. Just do it, but don't post a thread with pictures of your car afterwards, because you'll inevitably get the "stupid ricer thinks he has a lexus" comment.
I won't lock it until Bouncer says so.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I don't see it as "he thinks he has a Lexus" but when people are constantly asking you "what is it?" and most would believe the Lexus badges, I think it's funny. I'm still expecting someone to emulate a G500...
Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Banned
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
I'm still expecting someone to emulate a G500...
I've been asked if mine was a G-Wagon before...I said 'Yes, but not the Mercedes one'

-Z
Old 02-09-2005, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Did you tell them it's an OG-wagon?
Old 02-09-2005, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Ok i know rebadging is bad but when i first got my box i want so bad to get the mecadios on it and get the g class and the mini cooper emblose and slice them together to mack the mercadies miniG alot of peeps have asked if it is a mini G wagon thats were i got that from....
Old 02-09-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

This thread was started b/c I wanted to know where I could get them. If you didn't wanna help, you didn't need to post in here

i will continue to give Bouncer ____ for one reason only. he wants to have lexus badges, but he thinks they're too expensive.. what a moron. if you want to "bling" out your ride, then "bling" it right, not half assed. if you can't afford lexus badges for your ricebox, then you probably shouldn't be putting them on.
Maybe I'd rather spend my money on something more than plastic emblems. WHICH IS ONE REASON I STARTED THIS THREAD, SO I COULD FIND THEM INEXPENSIVE..

why don't you stick with your scion, and let me worry about mine, eh? Yours is used for racing, mine isn't. Let's leave it at that.

mikochu, I guess its alright to lock it. I got my emblems, and that was the purpose of the thread. Thanks for waiting for me to let you know when to lock it thou.

one more thing...when someone asks you not to post in their thread b/c they don't like b/s things that people say...why do people post b/s things anyway? <-- retoricle question, don't bother posting about it
Old 02-09-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You go boy!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member