Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

The offical unveil of the Benz-Box

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How does that saying go?

There is no accounting for taste...
Old 07-31-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

G-G-G-G-G-G-G B Unit.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't like the style benz and seeing it on a box didn't make it any better.

Looks like a lot of labor.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Alright, after looking at this for about 10 minutes I have to say Im not personally a fan but I gotta give some mad props for the work put into it. I think my issue becomes the front is obviously more VIP Benz style but the rear comes off to me as almost a rat-rod style and I dont think the two go together. The body work seems pretty amazing. Kinda hard to tell from the pics. I would love to see this thing in person for sure!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It looks amazing in person. The work is seamless. I think the reason that it looks like 2 differnt styles is because as for now it kinda is. He JUST got it out of the shop that day.

Now to all the haters. I just don't get it. Someone trys to be differnt and you flame him. Someone trys to step out of the norm and because it isn't "your style" you flame him. It's people like this that make people like me not want to post on this site. It cracks me up that you guys have nothing better to do than talk down on people. Why can't you just say hey dude nice work and move on. Or better yet if you don't like it don't say anythig. I totally respect your right to an opinion. I have seen alot of cars on here that made me want to turn my head and hurl but I never flamed they guy for it. I know we all like to think that we know everything there is to know about everything but sometimes maybe we just need to be humble and realize we don't. I'm sure the backlash from my comments will not be minimale but hey you guys stated your opinions so why shouldn't I put mine. If you could see in person how well this thing is put together you would be amazed. If you could see how the hood is made from the actual stock hood of the xB it would blow your mind. You can't see one weld. Not one seem. Sure it might not be "your style" but the work speaks for its self. Anyway thanks and God Bless
Old 08-01-2006, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no problem giving props to the work that went into this box. I'm sure A LOT of hard work, and skill went into bringing it together. As far as having it's own style I would have to disagree with that. My problem with it is that it is a Scion that is trying to look like a benz. So much that it's even badged as one. There's no stlye in imitation.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Purple
I have no problem giving props to the work that went into this box. I'm sure A LOT of hard work, and skill went into bringing it together. As far as having it's own style I would have to disagree with that. My problem with it is that it is a Scion that is trying to look like a benz. So much that it's even badged as one. There's no stlye in imitation.
Ding Ding Ding!!! You get the prize. Kudos for the hard work and labor but you don't put a benz front end on with flat paint and chrome 20"s, 3 styles rolled into one and they don't jive together.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These last two posts are hitting it on the head. I can appreciate just about any style of build. Even if it isn't a style I like. This particular build's style is "lacking." There is none. No "flow." Without flow, it doesn't matter what style you choose.

The G Wagon is intentionally built with a RUGGED utilitarian style. The xB may be utilitarian to some degree, but it is far from rugged. Just because some guy sees that both use a "boxy" shape he decides that the two would look good together. And in my opinion (and obviously many others) that just isn't the case. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Call me a hater. Preach to the choir here on scionlife that I am a jerk. Obviously, it hasn't affected my postings yet.

If you want to see what a true metal master can do, take a look at this. This one is still in bare metal. I'll even keep it Toyota...

Old 08-01-2006, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I even went back for a second look. That thing is like a train wreck, you can't help but look at it. That thing reminds me of ............................if wheels were octagons instend of smooth circles, just doesn't look right. Oh well to each his own.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The G150
Old 08-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Ed
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 08-03-2006, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member

It's obvious you know HOW to do good work, it's your taste that I disagree with....

I think you should remove the decals and paint it black or silver. I respect every ounce of work put into it, because God knows I wouldn't even know where to start on such a project, it's just not my style as it sits right now.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what the fuuuuh haha.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll reserve my opinion until I see some decent pics. Though it looks like someone spent alot of time on this thing.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

interesting!!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

eww. i think i just threw up in my mouth a little.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

you cant knock ot for the sheer amount of work and skill it took to do this.

I personally dont like it, but it would look a lot better if it had a glossy flashy paint job a maybe a kit
Old 08-07-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The paint is primer, it's not finished.

And all the people hating on this site are whats bringing it down and why there are so many more Scion forums popping up.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
The paint is primer, it's not finished.
Yeah, I dont know about that. Its two-toned with a pinstripe. I mean, yeah, it IS primer, but, I think its done (flat colours are the new thing this year...)
Old 08-07-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

he's doing candy red.

Quick Reply: The offical unveil of the Benz-Box