Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Rockblocker Full Kit Pro on BOP xB

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really want to get a clear bra installed but I'm having the hardest time locating an installer near Orlando.

My dealership gave me a place to call but they are really bad about calling back so I don't know if I trust them w/ the xB.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maria, the makers of the pre-cut 3M kits, like RockBlocker, StonGard and AutoGardUSA can sometimes suggest installers in various areas - check with them - I'd rather trust the maker of a product telling me where to get it installed properly...

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Tomas!

I saw that post, I was just more curious as to what all the products are thats all.

Im a little nervous about how the rock blocker will look against black. I dont know anyone who has it on so I can't look at it KWIM.

I just can't figure out how I see all these boxes fixed up and I've never noticed rock chips like I have. Maybe I drive too fast so they're hitting harder???

Thank you VERY much!!
Old 08-27-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
Maria, the makers of the pre-cut 3M kits, like RockBlocker, StonGard and AutoGardUSA can sometimes suggest installers in various areas - check with them - I'd rather trust the maker of a product telling me where to get it installed properly...

Good luck!
The company I was referred to is Autoband Roadblock and the guy I spoke to told me to not get 3M installed as it turns yellow in the hot Florida heat.

I really don't know enough about the particular films to know which one would be best in the Florida heat/humidity.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IIRC the 3M film has a warranty against yellowing, but all I have to back that up is the warranty on the stuff as installed on Vanilla:
http://stongard.com/sgcontent/warranty.asp
Which says. in part,
StonGard Inc. warrants to the original consumer purchaser (hereafter you or your), and no other person or entity, that the StonGard® product you purchased is free from defects, will conform to the product description provided with the StonGard® product, and will remain clear and not yellow for the life of your vehicle.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by 06B0X

I really don't know enough about the particular films to know which one would be best in the Florida heat/humidity.
3M warranties the film for five years for cracking, fading and/or yellowing for as long you own the vehicle. If anyone offers a longer warranty that is on them without 3M being apart of the warranty.

Im a little nervous about how the rock blocker will look against black. I dont know anyone who has it on so I can't look at it KWIM
We do a lot of black cars for this very reason - The chips are usally white in color and show up really bad on the front end with a black surroundings.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had 3M film installed on the front end of my now-sold Volvo S60 in July 2001. Sold it just about two weeks ago. The only wear and tear was one corner on the side that had a miniscule amount of lifting, and a nearly invisible nick on the top edge. You really really have to be up close to even find it.

Otherwise no yellowing or discoloration, and I waxed and glazed it like the rest of the car's paint surfaces. HIGHLY recommend any 3M type product that is reputable.

I had a combination of 3M and Rockblocker (headlight cover kit) installed on almost the entire front end of my BOP box. The hood is covered about 75% of the total surface from the lip to the upper edge near the windshield washer nozzles. All the painted surfaces are covered on the front except for the grill.

Makes washing bug debris and dirt much easier--one of the other benefits!
Old 09-05-2005, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

How do you put it on? For the headlights and the hood etc?
Old 09-05-2005, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rebelMan
How do you put it on? For the headlights and the hood etc?
Rebel -

Paint

http://www.rockblocker.net/paint-howto.htm

Light

http://www.rockblocker.net/light-howto.htm
Old 09-05-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

thanks for the links, i'd prolly have someone install the paint part, i wouldn't want to screw it up.

Emailed you guys about another question i have.