Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

so my XB sounds like a volkswagon when i excelerate

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member

Default so my XB sounds like a volkswagon when i excelerate

first off hello everybody i haven't been here since 05. i have a pearl blue xb 2005 i noticed that when i excelerate it sounds like the old volks wagon (herbie) now, could it be that the belt may need dressing or changing? i just think the sound is very annoying. and its not like everybody can hear it, it just bothers me. can anybody help? thanks a billion

-Ben

note: my xb has 39,000 miles and gets regular oil changes. i did the whole transmission fuel thingy twice. that i mean is the change where they take out the cars juices and fill em up again. yeah that lol hahaha i'm sorry but i don't know the car lingo that well. not yet at least . thanks guys/gals.

oops one ore thing. i've been searching like mad for a center dash piece and cant find it for the life of me. where do they sell this piece? mine is all scratched up.

thanks again.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Maybe you can find a part at a recycler:
http://car-part.com/
Old 09-02-2007, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Perhaps this is what your looking for? http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...05&catalogid=2
Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You first should have someone listen outside the car and try to determine where the sound is coming from... is it from the exhaust, transmission or engine?
For a while there was a very annoying metallic buzz when my car was idling, and finally determined it was the hood prop bar. Easy fix.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

definately have a mechanic check it out, it could be a list of things from something really silly like the belt to motortrouble who knows, Thats what I reccomend
Old 09-03-2007, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member

hey guys thanks for your input. i know its definately sounds like its coming from the exhaust. it doesn't do it a lot but only when im going about 20 mph then when i go faster it stops. it only does it when im cruising or when i first take off from a stop light etc. i'll definitely get it checked out though. thanks again. u guys rock.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anytime big ben , nice im from staten island too, you should come to the nrg meets wednsday nights at country donuts off richmond ave and arthur kill road at about 8
Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member

oh wow i had no idea there was a scion club in s.i!!! cool man im living in Brooklyn now i lived in marinor's harbor for 4 yrs but me and wifey are in splits ville. but i should be moving back to s.i by december. im there every weekend, but im looking into moving on Bradley avenue area. man i tell you, when i had my lil town house in s.i my box had not a single scratch. every since i came to brooklyn. man im even ashamed to tell you how it looks. its always dirty, people here cant drive. scratches galore. the car washes here suck big time. this is why i still head out to the car wash on forest ave across from the old western beef. im so mad on how my box looks. i cant wait to head back to s.i to clean her up lol ..once i get out there i'll hook up with you guys.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry didnt get back to your post in a few days, yea there is nothing like vip car wash on Staten Island and when I do go to brooklyn man I fear the paint of my xb getting smacked, its like everyone out there just doesnt care about anyone else's property, do come back to Staten !, you should message our vice vp of the nrg chapter for scion hes a moderator on scion life, his member name is '' TheQuietThings '' theres alota stuff goin on for scion, this weekend there doin scion exposed out in Boston six flags for scion owners free admission for scion owners and a show!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bigben when you accelerate does it sound like a little bell ringing or something?

Mine does the exact same thing you described
Old 10-15-2007, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member

bigben when you accelerate does it sound like a little bell ringing or something?
first off i want to apologize for not being here for a few weeks, but some personal stuff came up and i had to handle it. but our on the money with the bell ringing sound. im still looking for it but no luck. i noticed however that when i lubricate the belt, the sound stops. weird.

biancoxb your right man vip is the joint lol i love that place. i get my oil changes there as well. im usually there on thursdays when im washing the car or getting an oil change every 3 months. man i feel you when u say that you fear coming to brooklyn. my car isnt that bad but it doesnt look anything the way i had it when i lived in staten island. and you are right people here in brooklyn dont care what you have. my boy just bought an 08 honda civic in jet black. and it got hit by a van, and the kids on his block jump on it. a few times i had to speak to these kids parents, and the parents dont even care. thats insane. just becareful and make sure when u park it that u stay away from the other parked cars. this way it doesn't give them an excuse to scratch it up.

also. the dude names "the quiet things" hit me up on p.m so im definately going to the scion meets. it should be fun.
take care and i'll talk to you guys later.

-Ben