Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

sun roofs in xbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Many sunroofs come with an automatic deflector bar that pops up as the panel slides back, but these bars are so low that they don't do much. My Webasto Hollandia 640 was a budget model without an automatic deflector, and I had long felt the need for a big bubble deflector.

After 10,000 miles, I finally got a bubble deflector. It makes fast driving with the sunroof open much quieter. At 60 mph with all the windows down and the sunroof open, there is no noise and only gentle breezes inside. The air is thrown high over the opening, and so does not cause the stretched headliner to flutter or become inflated, which might stretch or loosen it:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...oofDeflect.jpg

It is a clip-on. Two thin metal clips fit under the edge molding and the deflector is screwed to them. It can be installed and removed in seconds. I like that better than a stick-on deflector which uses 3M tape and is no more removable than body side moldings.

I used to have a clip-on deflector on my BMW decades ago, but now I found that clip-on deflectors seemed to only be available for OEM sunroofs. I found a clip-on for the xA Release 1 but not for aftermarket sunroofs in the xB. I did find plenty of stick-ons. I ordered one stick-on that was so thin and flimsy that I returned it.

So I emailed Webasto and asked where I could get a cllp-on bubble deflector for their sunroof, and they said to order it through the Webasto dealer that installed my sunroof. So I did - what came was a Benevento BV2034 / Model Hollandia 740 for $40 plus shipping and tax. It installed quickly, fits my 36" hole perfectly, cruises quietly, looks cool, and can be removed for the snowy months. It clears the panel in the venting position, and should clear an automatic deflector bar if I had one.

I think Webasto owners could order the Benevento BV2034 from any accessory dealer who sells Benevento deflector and vent shade products.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOOT!WOOT!