Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

ventshade visors *need help*

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ventshade visors *need help*

ok im trying to install the visors in the front, but they dont fit because of that notch. I called lund and they said the notch moves, but i was trying to move it and it wont budge, and I dont want to break it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

squeeze that clip together
it will come out then
i just left mine off, don't know why they are there???
Old 11-23-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TXboxdriver
squeeze that clip together
it will come out then
i just left mine off, don't know why they are there???
right...

mark where the tab needs to be.

squeeze and pull it (the weather strip) out of the window channel.
the tab is held to the weather srtip be double sided tape.
move to new location.
push everything back into place. (might make some click or noise the first time you roll the window back up.)
install parts....
Old 11-24-2005, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take them back because they are crap.. I bought mine last week and took them back very next day. They dont line up all the way around. The sticker part doesnt hold well and as for the back goes, the back peice sticks on outside of window. Plus if you role up windows and it cracks the visor you cant just get the one peice you have to buy a whole new set. There has been alot of problems with this product. I love the item and the way it looks but I would put it on my car. I would take it back and get your money back..

Its just not worth it
Old 11-25-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I bought mine from Wade. They were inexpensive and have gone through 2 summers and one winter and they're holding up great. I instqalled them when it was warm out and I had to leave the windows up for a few days to make them set correctly. Afterwards I've only had one incident where I needed to add a little glue to one end as the mfr. glue had come loose.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boomster
Take them back because they are crap.. I bought mine last week and took them back very next day. They dont line up all the way around. The sticker part doesnt hold well and as for the back goes, the back peice sticks on outside of window. Plus if you role up windows and it cracks the visor you cant just get the one peice you have to buy a whole new set. There has been alot of problems with this product. I love the item and the way it looks but I would put it on my car. I would take it back and get your money back..

Its just not worth it
He's right. They are crap.
I had bad experience w/ these. The first thing was the notch. The driver side notch had to be relocated, but in the process of removing it, it got damaged.
Second was the poor fitment on the front passenger side. For some reason when you roll up the window, it dis-aligned itself, plus the tape that comes with is doesn't stick very well.
Third was the crack on the driver's side. once I installed them, the first time I rolled up the windows after curing the tape for a week, the driver side window made contact with the coner of the ventshade and made a little crack.
I removed them after the front passenger side fell of and the car behind me ran over it
The rear shades however seem to hold up very well. This shade kit only lasted about 8 months. It was my first wasted mod.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well thanks alot guys, any buyers interested in taking these babies home
Old 11-25-2005, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member

VentShades are crap. I trashed mine, and picked up some Wades. They are so much better. You should try out the Wades. On the two front windows, the VSs stop at the triangle area for the side mirrors. The Wades angle down and go all the way down to the top of the door, which looks much better. As someone mentioned, the back tab on the rear VSs stick to the outside. The Wades are truly in-channel all over. Go with Wades, you won't regret it.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member

i read many previous posts on the visors, and paid close attention to everyone that said the auto ventshade ones were crap! now, they fit my '95 Ranger ok, but everyone on this board said to go with the Wades. any they were right, because they fit right the first time, and have held since! and they weren't that much more $$ anyway.