Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

VIP anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 05:41 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats true dental hygenist chair...

scott
Old 08-25-2005, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pics!

Looking at the top of the door, you could fab up a bracket to go in the glass channel fairly easily.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Max2k
Pics!
Old 08-25-2005, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShortBus843
ANybody ever thought about moving the back seats all the way to the back of the xb, so it almost touches the back hatch, then make the seats recline some, and get some footrests to come out. True VIP
I thought about it, the height is the problem
you might run out of headroom
have you removed the back seat in the xB
it is a little funky shaped--not to mention the gas tank below....
Old 08-25-2005, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The strut towers would sort of render that plan moot.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it could be two bucket seats, no way to fit 3 across with the towers mentioned by the venerable Max2k (no dummy!)

then you could set off the side panels with some waterfalls with IceLED's so you've got 2 million color waterfalls!!!!

on a side note, i was thinking of getting the backup sensors and display unit until.....

I got to play with the 06 Touareg Navi/backup camera ( btw..I work @ VW dealer)
this thing draws an area on the screen (in reverse) and the area changes when you turn the steering wheel
it shows your actual intended course overlayed on the live picture of whatever is behind you----SO PIMP!!!
we do have steering angle sensors on our cars......so.....
Old 08-27-2005, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Sid_xBicious
Originally Posted by TXboxdriver
YES, please post curtain pics
i may revamp my design if someone has better/simpler.......
have you done it already?
I finally have time to look for stuff again.
looking at the pics, it seems the rod has a horizontal channel where you insert the small black pieces which i think is attach to the cloth of the curtain.
I found an electrical cord channel that might work(also came with peel tape), but OD size is too big(1/2") and its white.
so anyone know how to make inchannel curtain rods?
Old 08-27-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not yet
hitting up HobbyTown and craft stores today
the curtains are no biggie (easily made)
it is just the mounting system that i need to look better than what i have fabbed initially.....
Old 08-27-2005, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not yet
it is just the mounting system that i need to look better than what i have fabbed initially.....
yeah, I just finished the curtains yesterday, covering all side glasses. but still looking for the mounting system too.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this goes to the rear passenger window. also made same but shorter one for front, and trunk glasses.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MyBoX
When I did my first mod, I posted couple of pictures of my car but people started talking trash about it and how they like and what I should change about it and since then I didn't really feel welcome here to get others opinion and decided not to post any more pictures of my car. I mean, I'm not modding my car to show what I got or get the approval of other people and if they like it or not, It's still my car and its not my first car or the only car I have been working on, its just my daily driver with some extra flavor added.
What he said. Same reson I don't put pics here. People can be so ___ sometimes. I'll keep my Euro/VIP to myself. Everyone can look for my pics elsewhere.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by JDMJim
When I did my first mod, I posted couple of pictures of my car but people started talking trash about it and how they like and what I should change about it and since then I didn't really feel welcome here to get others opinion and decided not to post any more pictures of my car. I mean, I'm not modding my car to show what I got or get the approval of other people and if they like it or not, It's still my car and its not my first car or the only car I have been working on, its just my daily driver with some extra flavor added.
What he said. Same reson I don't put pics here. People can be so ___ sometimes. I'll keep my Euro/VIP to myself. Everyone can look for my pics elsewhere.
who cares what people think. people get all bent outta shape cause certain people dont go SUPER JDM or dont blend things well according to THEIR ideal setup. but isnt the point of customizing your car for yourself and to show off to whoever is the secondary thing? thats how i look at it at least.

no matter how dope you are, you're still gonna get haters. im sure theres some dude out there that doesnt like 5-axis XB.

i just always stuck with the motto: "if you dont got something nice to say, dont say it."

imagine non-xb owners view on VIP tuning, hahaha. screw it, I WANT MY CURTAINS!!!! MU AH AH
Old 08-28-2005, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sid_xBicious
not yet
yeah, I just finished the curtains yesterday, covering all side glasses. but still looking for the mounting system too.
Take a look at some of the systems motorhomes use. You might be able to use one of them top/bottom to get the effect you want.

http://recmar.com/Products/Catalog_motorhome.htm
Old 08-28-2005, 02:48 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well my view on it is.... get over it Let people B*tch about your car, theyre probabaly jealous. Sometimes they give criticism you can use. If you care about what some 13 year old kid says about your car and let it get to you, then you have bigger problems in life IMO But if you dont want to show thats cool, thats just my outlook on it.

as for the curtains, i cant wait to see what youve come up with Sid. im really interested to see how they turn out

Scott
Old 08-28-2005, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the link. 1 of the pic there(bottom), is actually whats on my mind. but of course i'm looking for an in-expensive way to get it, plus the size, the smaller the better for it to hide, just like the Garson system.
scott, it might take a while, i'm actually getting frustrated, but will see.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I did my first mod, I posted couple of pictures of my car but people started talking trash about it and how they like and what I should change about it and since then I didn't really feel welcome here to get others opinion and decided not to post any more pictures of my car. I mean, I'm not modding my car to show what I got or get the approval of other people and if they like it or not, It's still my car and its not my first car or the only car I have been working on, its just my daily driver with some extra flavor added. :P
I'm ___ all the time. What's your point?
Old 08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Max2k
I'm ___ all the time. What's your point?
hehe. dont think he had one.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now now
it is spelled " g-h-e-y "
we don't want to offend anyone.........
Old 08-28-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lets watch what we say then.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't care how you spell it, you're still an ignorant homophobe.

Quick Reply: VIP anyone?