Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Actual street date of the RS 1.0?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member

Default Actual street date of the RS 1.0?

I'm trying to get a RS 1.0 xB in Florida, and all the dealers I've talked to have said they won't have it until June. Is anyone else hearing this? I ordered one from Toyota of Orlando because they said they could get it by March, but they called me today to say they wouldn't have it til June, so I cancelled my order. Does anyone know for sure when these hit the streets? Are the release dates different for different parts of the country? Is California getting them before Florida?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default could be

different regions of the country might have different ship dates...ther is someone on the boards that works at the port down there in Florida.. he might be able to help...my region is CAT central Atlantic Toyota and as far as I know we are getting them mid to late march...but no sign of them at port yet
Old 01-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Banned
SL Member

We need some one to scout the port there in Newark, NJ. We need a spy ..... agent Shhhhhh
Old 01-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member
Scion Evolution

Jay, I thought you get yours in Feb too?
Old 01-24-2004, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I was under the impression everyone was getting them in march! Hmmmm.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default Scions/ RS 1

Originally Posted by Longoscion
Jay, I thought you get yours in Feb too?
Well V we get our first truck of Xa's and Xb's next week( my dm told me that Thursday :D ) but we don't the R S 1 till March like everyone else....I hope at least we get them in march....one cool thing though...WE have a showroom!!!!!! looks pretty cool...I dig it :D
Old 01-24-2004, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

does anyone happen to know where the port for nc is b/c my dealer tells me that i will have it by march. but what part 1st, mid,late. the wait is just torture man.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member

Yeah, I really really want an RS 1.0, but I really don't want to wait til June for it. Do you think I'd be better off finding a dealer in cali and having it shipped or something?
Old 01-24-2004, 10:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by ncscion
does anyone happen to know where the port for nc is b/c my dealer tells me that i will have it by march. but what part 1st, mid,late. the wait is just torture man.
NC's port is in Florida...

Doc
Old 01-24-2004, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jacksonville, Florida to be exact.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by qualityscion
Jacksonville, Florida to be exact.
Werd!

Doc
Old 01-24-2004, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Last I heard and read from toyota, we were supposed to start receiving them between march and may.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We ordered ours about a month ago and they said june 1st.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Banned
SL Member

They may have told you June 1st because their alotment of xB has been filled for the months of March thru May, leaving June. You may want to call some other dealers there in NYC area, they may be able to get the rs1 before June. Waiting till June would make me nervious :? cause there are only gonna be 2100 of these made, and March is when they start rolling them out.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so considering nc's port is in fl and that guy from fl said he would not be able to get his until june. does this mean my dealer is lying or doesnt know what they are talking about. b/c to me it looks like the state where the port is would get it b/f a state it has to be shipped from. btw my dealer is telling me march. how many people are getting this date from their dealers on the rs 1.0
Old 01-24-2004, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by ncscion
so considering nc's port is in fl and that guy from fl said he would not be able to get his until june. does this mean my dealer is lying or doesnt know what they are talking about. b/c to me it looks like the state where the port is would get it b/f a state it has to be shipped from. btw my dealer is telling me march. how many people are getting this date from their dealers on the rs 1.0
If you read CB's post above you, you will see that March, April, May, June, it doesn't matter, the release date for the RS is March, if your dealer can't give it to you til june, it is nost likely because they have filled all of their allotments with preferences, you could find this out by asking when they can get you a regular xB. If they tell you that they can get you a regular xB in march, then you should be able to get a RS in march... getiing a Scion doesn't always have to do with the cars availability, it also has to do with how many that particular dealer gets to sell. Like others have said, start calling around. If getting a RS is important to you, then you would be willing to drive a bit to make sure you got one in March. Also if your dealer isn't showing a lot of initiative to make sure you get what you want, then my suggestion would be to find a new dealer... My dealer will bend over backwards to make sure I get my car, and he makes sure I know whats goin on...he calls me as much as I call him... Good Luck...

Doc
Old 01-24-2004, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

DOC

thats sounds good and all. i mean i am willing to drive where ever but i dont have the funds available to keep puting $500 deposits on one to get it. my dealer told me to get on the list that i had to put a $500 deposit down so i did. those this sound normal with all dealers or should i get my money back and go elsewhere. i mean they sound like they know what they are talking about sometimes and other times they say of the most off the wall shizit. Amyone holla back on this issue. thanks
Old 01-24-2004, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well that sounds about right, I had to do the same to hold mines as well. All you can do is keep checking back with them from time to time to see what new info they have. If things dont go like you want them to or you feel like something is not going how its suposed to then get your deposit back and go else where. All in all though it sounds like you should be alright. Nobody here knows the exact date that we will receive are 1.0 so all you can do is be patient. Good Luck!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default calling Doc

I just be glad when I can call you to ride Doc..haha..

thats sounds good and all. i mean i am willing to drive where ever but i dont have the funds available to keep puting $500 deposits on one to get it. my dealer told me to get on the list that i had to put a $500 deposit down so i did. those this sound normal with all dealers or should i get my money back and go elsewhere. i mean they sound like they know what they are talking about sometimes and other times they say of the most off the wall shizit. Amyone holla back on this issue. thanks
...well they have to give you your deposit back if you want it...that's the law no way around that...if you can find a dealer your comfortable with and they follow through you should be able to get a R. S 1...exact date..I don't know we've been told march but no one has seen these at the port yet...once they hit port they are about 3-6 weeks from hitting dealers so we all will have a better time table once they hit port
Old 01-24-2004, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so did you all get like a confirmation # or anything when you went to order you rs 1.0 ?
did the dealer hand you some print out of their database of some sort?

Quick Reply: Actual street date of the RS 1.0?