10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by ncscion
so did you all get like a confirmation # or anything when you went to order you rs 1.0 ?
did the dealer hand you some print out of their database of some sort?
No just a form saying what you preferenced and that you dropped 500 bones.

Doc
Old 01-24-2004, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default othing to give

well you could get a copy of a purchase order with the model number...but not much else see cause they're not at port yet and haven't been cut in allocation there is no Vins right now...hell we don't even know how many the port is getting...
Old 01-25-2004, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

we ordered our 1.0 rs about 2-3 weeks ago, and they said we should expect it late march.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default release series

i know that in cali the release series is gonna be released in the third week of feb. cuz im getting one!! im way excited too..i was wondering if anybody knows the dimensions of the trunk space ccuz i wanna start building a custom box for my subs. if anybody could help me with that, itd be great...
thanks
Old 01-25-2004, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default Re: release series

Originally Posted by danman2_2999
i know that in cali the release series is gonna be released in the third week of feb. cuz im getting one!! im way excited too..i was wondering if anybody knows the dimensions of the trunk space ccuz i wanna start building a custom box for my subs. if anybody could help me with that, itd be great...
thanks
Where did you get the third week of Feb from?

Doc
Old 01-25-2004, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where did you get the third week of Feb from?

Really, where did here that at, I ordered mines as well and I havent got an exact day on mines yet. I have gotten end up Feb, as well as sometime in March. I would hope to get them in the 3rd week of Feb, cuz I cant wait
Old 01-25-2004, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I have had alot of contact with people and even the Scion Aces don't have a firm date, but Corp. still says March, thats it...

Doc
Old 01-25-2004, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: release series

Originally Posted by danman2_2999
i know that in cali the release series is gonna be released in the third week of feb. cuz im getting one!!
If that's what the dealer told you then he probably didn't know and gave you a time as close to the start of spring as possible. Right now the release date is spring time and that's it. No hard date yet.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member

Arghh...I really want an RS 1.0 xB and I need to find a dealer which is willing to actually work hard and get me a date instead of just saying 'June'. Does anyone have a good experience with any FL dealers? How hard is it to work with an out of state (say, California) dealer and get it delivered? Does Scion frown on this?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by GatorScott
Arghh...I really want an RS 1.0 xB and I need to find a dealer which is willing to actually work hard and get me a date instead of just saying 'June'. Does anyone have a good experience with any FL dealers? How hard is it to work with an out of state (say, California) dealer and get it delivered? Does Scion frown on this?

Thanks!
You arent gonna get an exact date now, and it might be hard to get an RS from an out of state dealer because they are gonna go quick and they will most likely go local, it might be worth a try, but you need to just go in and talk to your dealer, get them on the same page!

Doc
Old 01-27-2004, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default out of state

hey guys I read on another post from V that Cali no going to be allow out of state sells for the R S 1...I don't know if this is true for the rest of us...I'll ask my Dm tomorrow...anyone else heard of this????
Old 01-27-2004, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went to my dealer today and we have been dealing with the same guy and girl since we walked in in december and she called right in front of me the Scion sales rep for the east coast and asked him and naturally he wasnt there so she is gonna call back tommorow. She left a message but you know how those types of guys are! So I hope to know by tommorow when mine will be getting here atleast.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default got one

i got a rs1 reserved and i should be getting it in mid march they said...also got a montegi racing package as well from the dealership
Old 01-27-2004, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I think I am gonna do my hair like this when I go pick up my box the first time...

Doc
Old 01-28-2004, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i emailed my rep and asked her what was going on with the RS 1.0, here's her reply:

Chris,
There are 2,000 of them. however GST will only be getting 250 of them. they will be available in April for June delivery. we are not sure who will get them at this time. I am pretty sure that we will not have a problem in taking care of the customer.

Thanks for all your hard work.

as a dealer you if you can preference them in your allotment, but you can't expect to receive 15 if you ask for that many, the car being lim. prod. and all
Old 01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member

I am pasting an article from the auto show release of the rs1.

Scion Introduces xB Release Series 1.0
At The 2004 Greater Los Angeles Auto Show

12/29/2003

Scion, the new marque from Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., will display for the first time a Scion Release Series special edition of the popular xB subcompact, at the 2004 Greater Los Angeles Auto Show.

The xB Release Series 1.0 is the first limited edition for Scion and will offer unique appearance and performance enhancements.

All xB Release Series 1.0 vehicles will have a new, vibrant orange body color, Hot Lava, and color-keyed rear spoiler. A matching orange powder-coated strut tie-bar brace will enhance handling performance on the xB, while a billet grille completes the xB Release Series' tuner look.

Interior enhancements are designed to match the exclusive Hot Lava body paint. The xB will be illuminated with orange under-dash, under-seat and cupholder lighting and be further distinguished with subtle, black seat fabric with orange highlights. Finally, a small numbered plaque will be applied to the interior of each Release Series car.

Approximately 2,100 units of the xB Release Series 1.0 will be available. Scion dealerships in California, the southwest, southeast and east coast will offer xB Release Series beginning in March. The xB Release Series 1.0 model will carry a manufacturer's suggested retail price of less than $1,000 over the base xB, which starts at $13,680.

Scion launched the subcompact xB and xA in California in June 2003 and will expand across the southwest, southeast and east coast in February 2004. The rollout will be complete in June 2004. The purchase process is simplified, with customers selecting model, transmission, and color from the factory. They can also choose from nearly 40 accessories to further personalize their vehicles. These accessories reflect performance, audio, and appearance enhancements, and can be seen by visiting Scion.com or a Scion dealer. Scion.com and the dedicated dealership showroom environment allow customers to discover the brand at their own pace, and configure vehicles to suit individual needs.

I keep reading about dealers preferencing the rs1 for you guys as a pre-sold order. While that is true, you must keep in mind that all the dealers can preference them, sold or not. A smart dealer is gonna preference all they can. With that said, your 500 deposit and a preference by your dealer isn't gonna guarantee you a car. Thats not even talking about whether or not the dealer you give your money to is even gonna be scion compliant by that time. If they go uncompliant between now and then, you may lose your shot at an rs1.

The dealer by me is on a first come first serve basis with no deposit. They don't wanna take someone's deposit and not be able to deliver. They are gonna make a list, then IF one becomes available to them, they start calling down the list starting with no.1. I hope everyone gets their orders filled, but what happens if you don't.

Sorry to sound so negative, it just sounds like a lot of eggs in a very small basket.

B.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I don't get one then I just buy a Dark Cherry xB then also. No big deal to me.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by kwicslvr
If I don't get one then I just buy a Dark Cherry xB then also. No big deal to me.
Grrrrrrr....

Doc
Old 01-28-2004, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Docsnuff
Grrrrrrr....

Doc
What the matter Doc :D
Old 01-28-2004, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by Docsnuff
Grrrrrrr....

Doc
What the matter Doc :D
Munch, Doc's just freting about his orange colored Box....when we get his..I think I might drive it down to his base just to mess with him, :D :D :D.....I just hope he'll give me a ride back

Quick Reply: Actual street date of the RS 1.0?