Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member

Default Air Conditioning

I read some reviews posted by Scion owners that the AC was not very effective in over 90 degree temperatures. Anybody else have this experience with the AC?
Old 02-29-2004, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

there is, and you can take it to the toyota dealership and get it fixed, or maybe do it yourself.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captain_barkey
there is, and you can take it to the toyota dealership and get it fixed, or maybe do it yourself.
What in the hell are you talking about? "There is" what?
Old 02-29-2004, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member

Default Hmmm...

Who knows, but apparently, there is. Anyways, moving right along my g/f cranks the **** all the way on the A/C and is then like, why isn't it cold? I reach over and hit the button that says AC and then it's cold. Heh, I think alot of people are complaining about that because alot of people are not actually pushing the AC button in after buying the car, mine was not pushed in.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

its called a TSB
Old 02-29-2004, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its called a TSB

aaaaaaannd........go on......

??????????

Sean
Old 03-01-2004, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

its TSB# AC002-04 posted feb11th 2004, if your having trouble just go to your dealer, they can look it up. basically you need to adjust the air-mix damper control cable assembly.

i live in texas so i'll know in about 3-4 months if the AC isnt blowing cold enough, but kinda crazy to do it until then.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Banned
SL Member

its TSB# AC002-04 posted feb11th 2004, if your having trouble just go to your dealer, they can look it up. basically you need to adjust the air-mix damper control cable assembly.

i live in texas so i'll know in about 3-4 months if the AC isnt blowing cold enough, but kinda crazy to do it until then.
Yeah blowing AC in the Mid-Atlantic, too early. Although I wonder if there's a TSB for the Heat....any North East folks with Heat issues. Works fine for me but not sure if there's a TSB.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Barkey,

I will remember that when the heat hits in AZ !

Sean
Old 03-01-2004, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone know where this TSB is available on the web? I'd like to know exactly what the dealer is expected to do and what temperatures constitute a "defect".

George
Old 03-01-2004, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by George
Does anyone know where this TSB is available on the web? I'd like to know exactly what the dealer is expected to do and what temperatures constitute a "defect".

George
i guess i am one of the lucky ones!

my A/C works fine and i have used it when it was 90F-100F+ out here in the Valley...

i have also seen someone who wrapped the A/C piping in foam insulation to help it cool faster....

maybe ikonXone has added the TSB to his list...
Old 03-01-2004, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default TSB

TSB's are technical service bulletins. I don't know if they are available on the web for free, but you can do a search.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

i got it from toyota's http://techinfo.toyota.com/ website, it has the official toyota repair manuals, TSB's, and some marketing junk. its 10 bucks a day for access.

i'm at work now so dont have the TSB in front of me. it mentions nothing about thresholds or anything like that, just if the customer complains.

i would think you could just call the service department at any toyota dealership and they would be more then happy to check it out for you.

today i ran it in 75 degree weather, and it seems plenty cold, but when it hits 105-110 in august it *might* be a different matter.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got it from toyota's http://techinfo.toyota.com/ website, it has the official toyota repair manuals, TSB's, and some marketing junk. its 10 bucks a day for access.
Yes, I know about that, but $10 is a bit steep to get something that should be available to all customers. Now if I had a big pipe I might go for it and download the entire manual, but others have said that Toyota doesn't make that easy. It's sad that Hyundai (yes, cheap-o Hyundai) has all this info on the web for free but Toyota wants money for it.

i'm at work now so dont have the TSB in front of me. it mentions nothing about thresholds or anything like that, just if the customer complains.

i would think you could just call the service department at any toyota dealership and they would be more then happy to check it out for you.
Perhaps at the ideal dealership, but out here in the real world my dealer won't acknowlege a TSB unless the customer provides a number.

What eventually happens, of course, is that some charitable individual will put the TSBs on the net for us.

George
Old 03-02-2004, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The TSB has the tech adjusting the cable, I guess it doesn't pull the door all the way to cold on some models so an adjustment is needed. That's it.