Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

BEST PLACE TO BUY A SCION WITHOUT HIDDEN CHARGES...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member

Default BEST PLACE TO BUY A SCION WITHOUT HIDDEN CHARGES...

I am looking at buying a XB this week. I was wondering what dealership is best to buy from. Also I remember reading on the forum that certain dealerships were adding extra or hidden charges in the end. Can any one confirm this? I am in the San Fernando Valley.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

accidently double posted (due to site lag) Feel free to delete this post admin.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It is against Scion's "non-haggel pure-pricing" rule if a dealer would to have hidden charges. However, a dealer may have the bazooker sub installed or possibly rims preinstalled, along with obx pedels, shift *****, or a spoiler, and get away with putting their own charge on these items. It's your best idea and deal if you were to tell them what color you wnat and what transmission you want, and for them to simply place the order, this way, they can't have any hidden charges.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member

i think they called it a facility charge.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah they call it lots of stuff. COA= Cost of Advertising. Processing fee, as you mentioned Facility Charge. Whatever it all translates to "Rip-Off" in the Other-Than-Car-Dealers world.

In my area (Midwest) I have found that only about 1 in 5 does NOT participate in this foul practice.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion dealerships are suppose to use the no haggle pricing system. thats what keeps scions selling.

from www.scion.com
Why Haggle?

Scion is unique because both the products and buying process are designed to create a whole new culture that will change the consumer's car buying experience. At Scion we respect your time by creating a simple, straightforward, easy to understand approach called "Pure Price".

Scion's "Pure Price" purchase experience means no haggle, no hassle. The price you pay for all products and services offered equals the dealership's posted and advertised price. Price menus are clearly posted in the dealership showroom for all products and services. Dealers are free to set their own prices.
this is a general dealer thing you may or maynot have to shop arround for. I went to www.scion.com and built my car and estimated to pay that ammount if that particular car was in stock.

the differences might come in a few digets of eachother but not enough where you should travel a greater distance to the other Scion dealer on the other side of the state. some regions are different that eachother.

i think by law that they have to show you ALL charges on a car. is this true?
Old 01-19-2005, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Hey, you might want to look online at Yahoo and Ebay. As crazy as it sounds, you can find some good deals -- and they are secure. I just bought mine today (I'm still giddy). Check it out -- only $12,200!

Whoo-hoo! I got a 2004 w/ 11K for $12,200! I think that is a very good price, no?Take a look and let me know what you think.... just don't break my heart.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I have a wife and kid and am not looking to pimp this ride, save for maybe some new wheels and a bit here and there. We were looking at the Xa for awhile but I just drove teh Xb today -- and loved it! So, I went ahead w/ the Ebay auction I was watching. Buying a car on Ebay -- how nutty is that?

Whoo-hoo! I got a 2004 w/ 11K for $12,200! I think that is a very good price, no?Take a look and let me know what you think.... just don't break my heart.

I have a wife and kid and am not looking to pimp this ride, save for maybe some new wheels and a bit here and there. We were looking at the Xa for awhile but I just drove teh Xb today -- and loved it! So, I went ahead w/ the Ebay auction I was watching. Buying a car on Ebay -- how nutty is that?