Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

bluehairs and xbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:10 AM
N.G.S.O.

well we would not have the road rage problem if the people from up north stop moving down here thinking they are still in NY, PA, NJ and all the other non driving states. The population is getting over crowded because of this. As far as the old people I love to see them on the road they always wave in my area and they don't drive live a bunch of animals trying to run you over just to stop at the red light. Over half the population here in Metro ATL are not from GA go figure.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

12th, not 2nd.
I did see an old couple getting out of their TCM xB after parking in the hanicapped stall at Petsmart last weekend. You shoulda seen the door dents.
Grrr!

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is an option".
Old 05-16-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

1/2 the people anywhere, aren't from there.
Georgia's not special in that regard.
The U.S. seems to have a very mobile population.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by raceronabudget
you know what i hate? those oem dot decals.
Since I've never seen a single XB in two years with the OEM dots other than mine, I'd say they're about as unique as any other decal out there. Nice try though.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
You're kinda angry...

Guess what?! We don't drive some sort of exclusive car! We drive a $14K econobox that happens to be exceptionally easy to climb in and out. Who cares if they don't add anything? Pretty much nobody around here waves, unless I know them. It's a car, dude, get over it.

Edit: I also looked at your profile... I don't think that you can complain about mods when pretty much everything on your car is from the dealer. It's not like you're kitted out or bagged. Lots of people here might consider your car to be stock. Keep that in mind.
Last I checked, AEM short ram intakes, streetglow undercarriage lighting, cold cathode tube lighting and Tein H-tech springs aren't dealer mods.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Baine
I think Mikes just stirring the pot to create a little fun. He has a point about our
neighborhood though. There are at least 10 boxes that live near us that are
driven by bluehairs. They far outnumber the rest of us. Keep in mind that I
love to see them out driving something fun and different other than the land
yacht that was the status symbol of their generation. As to modding their
car, I don’t think they even have a clue that you can change your car to make
it custom. That is only something that happens on TV and in Japan. I got a wave
last week from one lady and by the smile and energetic wave that she returned,
she thought it was great to be acknowledged. It is very rare to get wave back
from those pretentious teens that drive boxes. They are just to cool for us old
farts.
You're right Baine, I am. But it sure is fun to read the responses. I actually received two that agree with me!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not entirely that difficult to go to a brand based website and then say "x should be y, not a, b,c and certainly not z!" It's like going to harlem and saying only white people should live in NYC.

I guess my rhetorical question is "why is it fun to pose these kinds of questions?" I don't think there's a satisfactory answer.

As for other people agreeing with you, well, there will always be people who rely on a fabricated image to get by in life.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by fineEGOmaniac
Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
You're kinda angry...

Guess what?! We don't drive some sort of exclusive car! We drive a $14K econobox that happens to be exceptionally easy to climb in and out. Who cares if they don't add anything? Pretty much nobody around here waves, unless I know them. It's a car, dude, get over it.

Edit: I also looked at your profile... I don't think that you can complain about mods when pretty much everything on your car is from the dealer. It's not like you're kitted out or bagged. Lots of people here might consider your car to be stock. Keep that in mind.
Last I checked, AEM short ram intakes, streetglow undercarriage lighting, cold cathode tube lighting and Tein H-tech springs aren't dealer mods.
It's not worth arguing with you... but AEM cold air, spoiler, rear bumper applique, b-pillars gas lid applique and your wheels that, as described in your picture as "dealer 15s" are what most people would consider "dealer mods"

Maybe you just need to update your profile.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by kentae80
well we would not have the road rage problem if the people from up north stop moving down here thinking they are still in NY, PA, NJ and all the other non driving states. The population is getting over crowded because of this. As far as the old people I love to see them on the road they always wave in my area and they don't drive live a bunch of animals trying to run you over just to stop at the red light. Over half the population here in Metro ATL are not from GA go figure.

Non driving states? What's that mean?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raceronabudget
you know what i hate? those oem dot decals.
Since I've never seen a single XB in two years with the OEM dots other than mine, I'd say they're about as unique as any other decal out there. Nice try though.
He said that he hated them, not that they aren't "unique". There is plenty of "unique" stuff out there that I find horribly disgusting. Just because one finds a dealer part to somehow be unique doesn't mean others can't hate it.

Nice try though.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lotta love in this thread.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by MyCrisis
Lotta love in this thread.
You ain't lyin! I'm staying out of that mess.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: bluehairs and xbs

OK, I sounded off recently with a gripe about XBs used as billboards.
I have one more ...

I think Scion would agree with me here, but not in public. The XB was not designed for purchase by Senior Citizens. -- Go ahead, call me a jerk. But, generally speaking, they don't reflect the culture that was cool about XBs in the beginning. They don't return waves at stoplights, then don't add a single custom piece or idea to their XBs, and I don't like to see them driving one.

There was something lost from the XB culture once bluehairs began buying the XB. I feel it every time I pull up next to a senior citizen in an XB, and he or she doesn't even bother to check my XB out or acknowlege that he's driving the same car.

Politically incorrect? But there's gotta be someone out there who agrees.
I have ___ hair and am a member of AARP, I also bet I have a faster xB than you do, Just because you are young and have No Respect for your elders does not make you right. I think it is a shame that a nice ride like the xB can be driven by a punk ___ kid! Ok I was just kidding about the punk ___ kid thing but I hope you get the point cars have no right or wrong owners we can only hope that the sport can continue to grow with each gereration, just remember those blue hairs were tricking out there rides before you were born....so show some RESPECT!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey now. you might be hurtin my feelings! that's an interesting post from a 33 year old! seriously tho, im 53 and the first time i saw a box i had to have it. immediately imagined it slammed and stuff. bought one as soon as i could and all my friends, even the 30 somethings make fun of me. they say its a kids car. well, i'm a kid and that's ok. besides, out here in tucson, almost everyone i see driving them is "middle aged". you are right about the olders too. i think they just got theirs for the milage. i bought mine 100% for looks. didnt even sit in one til i owned one! after having a 200hp nissan and also riding a big cruiser daily i have gotten used to poor accelleration, but with the revs up and a twisty road it is the BEST HANDLIN vehicle i have owned!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rocket
... I have ___ hair and am a member of AARP, I also bet I have a faster xB than you do....
Looks like blue hair rocks, and ___ hair ain't bad, either.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member

Go easy on EGOmaniac boys..he is only saying how he feels. Interestingly enough, I feel the same way but to add to the strangness of that remark I am 58. I mod my xB and have changed a lot of my friends minds about them and are responsible for at least two guys buying them. I wave or flash my lights but most Senior citizens don't respond..to them it's just cheap transportation and not the cool vehicle I think it is. I run into other owners sometimes and want to talk xB but if they are young I get the snub..thats ok..I was the same way..but once in a while the age thing doesn't matter and we bond a bit.

Mike
Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Rocket
OK, I sounded off recently with a gripe about XBs used as billboards.
I have one more ...

I think Scion would agree with me here, but not in public. The XB was not designed for purchase by Senior Citizens. -- Go ahead, call me a jerk. But, generally speaking, they don't reflect the culture that was cool about XBs in the beginning. They don't return waves at stoplights, then don't add a single custom piece or idea to their XBs, and I don't like to see them driving one.

There was something lost from the XB culture once bluehairs began buying the XB. I feel it every time I pull up next to a senior citizen in an XB, and he or she doesn't even bother to check my XB out or acknowlege that he's driving the same car.

Politically incorrect? But there's gotta be someone out there who agrees.
I have ___ hair and am a member of AARP, I also bet I have a faster xB than you do, Just because you are young and have No Respect for your elders does not make you right. I think it is a shame that a nice ride like the xB can be driven by a punk butt kid! Ok I was just kidding about the punk butt kid thing but I hope you get the point cars have no right or wrong owners we can only hope that the sport can continue to grow with each gereration, just remember those blue hairs were tricking out there rides before you were born....so show some RESPECT!

A fellow AARP and RS2 driver----sweet
[
Old 05-18-2007, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member

Well as I see it, 33 isn't actually all that young an age either. As I see it the market that Toyota/Scion wanted to attract in their advertising was late teens/early 20s. I'm 51 and live in the Atlanta area, drive a slightly modded box and used to wave at other boxes as they passed. I think I got a return wave only once from an older man than me! Got flipped off once by a kid in a modded XB after I waved. That was about the time I gave up on the wave thing. Still will return one when someone waves at me though.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by ttech
Well as I see it, 33 isn't actually all that young an age either. As I see it the market that Toyota/Scion wanted to attract in their advertising was late teens/early 20s. I'm 51 and live in the Atlanta area, drive a slightly modded box and used to wave at other boxes as they passed. I think I got a return wave only once from an older man than me! Got flipped off once by a kid in a modded XB after I waved. That was about the time I gave up on the wave thing. Still will return one when someone waves at me though.
Hey ttech, come out and play with us at Scinergy Georgia. I promise we will wave.
Most of the club is in our 30's and 40's. you'll fit right in.

here is the link:

http://scinergyie.org/phpBB/index.ph...4c9464c11bc747
Old 05-18-2007, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

Everyone knows that Scions motto is "What Moves You". basically make it yours/ how you want it. Well, not a whole lot moves old folks. Thus the reason for thier slow driving and lack of mods but you know what I think it's cool seeing older people driving a scion. What ever they like, they should drive........

Quick Reply: bluehairs and xbs