Candy Tail lights by Nish Designs

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scionracerxb
IMO, looks crappy, maybe it looks better in person, but it looks like GHETTO SPRAY PAINT MOD from here :?
Wes..

Not even close to a spray can...Nish uses quality automotive paint that wont fade or chip. A lot of people talk about using model paint, etc. etc.. All those will fade in time because of the sun. Not automotive paint. Nish uses a 2 step process that consist of the candy and then clear.

By no means does it look crappy or GHETTO!
Old 03-21-2004, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have not seen them in person, but I am sure it is nice since its by Gary
As for been legal or not, I think it is illegal (Atleast in CA)

I have approached couple law offices about tinted lights and removing bumper markers. In CA you will need to have 2 reflector in the back light or atleast on back bumper. Factory clear lights will still reflects because there are reflectors inside the lights. by looking at those night time pictures, I can't really tell if the reflector still work. If they are no good anymore, then it is illegal.

One trick to solve that problem is to buy those stick on reflectors and pur like bottom of the bumper or something.

If you must ask why we need rear reflectors... Well, I almost hit a stupid honda civis with those stupid cheap altezza lights and no reflector at night. That stupid dude's car is park right next to a street in the middle of night and there is no street light. I can see all the cars with the reflector park on the street but not that stupid honda. (Not to mention I have the good silver star and 2-4inches fog lights on)
Old 03-22-2004, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DenZinz
Originally Posted by scionracerxb
IMO, looks crappy, maybe it looks better in person, but it looks like GHETTO SPRAY PAINT MOD from here :?
Wes..

Not even close to a spray can...Nish uses quality automotive paint that wont fade or chip. A lot of people talk about using model paint, etc. etc.. All those will fade in time because of the sun. Not automotive paint. Nish uses a 2 step process that consist of the candy and then clear.

By no means does it look crappy or GHETTO!
I was just saying that in the pics, it looks ghetto. looks like someone got a little crazy with the color controls on photoshop but i'm sure if NISH is doing them, they are good quality. i haven't seen anything of his that wasn't
Old 03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

[quote="scionracerxb"]IMO, looks crappy, maybe it looks better in person, but it looks like GHETTO SPRAY PAINT MOD from here :?[/quot

HHHHHHMMMM GHETTO HUH???....

As some of you have read some of my post on these forums, I have always taken a positive and very moderate replys on the subjects that are posted here, giving props and giving credit where credit is due. But for some reason this"FOOL" always has something negative to say whenever an SE member post something to share with everyone. Just wanna know, What the hell is your problem ??
Old 03-22-2004, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol... i think it looks clean, not into the blue, kinda too light to match the car, but it looks clean. the orange looks hella nice.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

whoa, everyone can have an opinion. I gotta give Gary props. I saw the tails at Magnaflow and again last night. they look very nice.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Randy, I respect peoples opinions, positive or negative. Especially yours man, but this guy seems to always have a negative reply w/ every SE related post, and to tell u the truth I've been pretty quite about it, but now I'm kinda sick of it. Maybe he just might get my opinion at the next Scion owners meet.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBBOY
Randy, I respect peoples opinions, positive or negative. Especially yours man, but this guy seems to always have a negative reply w/ every SE related post, and to tell u the truth I've been pretty quite about it, but now I'm kinda sick of it. Maybe he just might get my opinion at the next Scion owners meet.
yo, i respect your opinion too bro, but threats are just wack. and this is not the place for it.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't like them , but that's my opinion I guess
Old 03-22-2004, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by randode
yo, i respect your opinion too bro, but threats are just wack. and this is not the place for it.
True that man, my bad....bro.

...Thanks for your opinion Munch. seriously
Old 03-22-2004, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No problem bro. I never liked the painted taillight look much. But I know alot of people that will like them and that's all that counts :D .
Old 03-22-2004, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

opinion is one thing...assumption is another.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

[quote="BlueBox"]
Originally Posted by Red Genie xB
I have not seen them in person, but I am sure it is nice since its by Gary
As for been legal or not, I think it is illegal (Atleast in CA)

I have approached couple law offices about tinted lights and removing bumper markers. In CA you will need to have 2 reflector in the back light or atleast on back bumper. Factory clear lights will still reflects because there are reflectors inside the lights. by looking at those night time pictures, I can't really tell if the reflector still work. If they are no good anymore, then it is illegal.
Tim...the paint is light enough that the reflectors still work. And the picture don't do justice to the craftmanship of the paint job and it's color... I might have gone abit darker...but i wanted something light enough and different to stand out
Old 03-22-2004, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think they look professionally done...
me too, im not into the blue, maybe red/clear will be good
Old 03-22-2004, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Munch
No problem bro. I never liked the painted taillight look much. But I know alot of people that will like them and that's all that counts :D .
Thanks Munch, Pls. keep us all udated on the activities in the EC. Peace.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yes... i strongly recommend red-out paint if u're gonna use the tail lights for daily driving.

mine will be used for shows...cuz i already have TYC tail lights for daily driving.

as for comments

i respect opinions...but i don't respect negative profiling remarks made by scionracerxb. i am tired of it too. first u bag on SE website..now u bag on my tail lights. wat is ur problem?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

I have yet to see Alex's lights in person and I would have to say that those should be only for shows. A lot of people probably wouldn't like em if you drove on the street all the time because there are too many kids doing crappy jobs on their cars and taking the cheap route of model spray paint and giving good people like Gary a bad name. I would still love to see them though in person because if they are the exact same quality as Gary's orange, then pictures ARE NOT doing them any justice.

I was lucky enough to meet up with Gary last night and those tails look like nothing I have ever seen on a scion before. There wasn't one problem that I found unlike the hack job I got on my body kit from some local shop. From now on, Gary is duin all my work.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default tight, tight

I think the ones on the crx on that link look bad, but yours look tight... I really dig the candy one, blue seems like a too much attention from the po- po...
Old 03-22-2004, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: tight, tight

Originally Posted by Djuan
I think the ones on the crx on that link look bad, but yours look tight... I really dig the candy one, blue seems like a too much attention from the po- po...
yeah..it's an attention grabber Blue. That's why i plan on using it only at shows...i have TYC tail lights for everyday driving.

The point is...xB is all about individuality and expression... i could have painted mine red like most ...but i wanted to experiment with something different.

And the paint job is second to none... it's so clean that u'll think it came painted from the factory.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the orange on gary's car looks really dope.. but ahh dunno bout the blue that much, looks kinda weird on the car..

Quick Reply: Candy Tail lights by Nish Designs