Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member

Default Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

Has anybody done this to their car? I found this one on Ebay for a decent price compared to the others.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old 08-27-2005, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

If it looks like the same quality as the oe one it might be good. It seems like it comes with way more pieces though. Just make sure that the area where the pieces go gets wiped down good with rubbing alcohol.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have purchased this kit from Rvinyl, except in the blue color. it is pretty easy to install, and they give you a couple of extra copies of the more difficult parts to install. mine turned out about 80% as good as i expected, but i was also not really taking my time(a couple of bubbles here and there) Just take your time, and use Denatured Alchohol, and you should be good to go.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Remember, you always get what you pay for. Check out the detailed description.
The kit is a vinyl film and not a hard polyurethane kit or an OEM replacement kit. Given the vinyl's flexible nature trimming may be necessary on some dash parts, detailed installation instructions are included.
It's just a thin film, and you might have to cut some of the dash parts to make it fit...
Old 08-27-2005, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Carbon Kits...

the OEM Kit is a piece of .... It peeled right off, and in most areas popped off on all the scions i test drove so i opted out of that i figured if it happened to all it would happen to mine. A buddy of mine got the vinyl stickers and hated it . it took him over 4 hours and he was trimming away at the vinyl, and cut himself 11 stiches later his scion looks nice, but there are some areas needed to be touched up.

I also know someone who went with the flexible carbon fiber kit, that one on ebay with the thin layer of actual carbon fiber, it was an easier install, no stiches involved, and the sealant seems to be taking. He put the kit on about a month ago, and it doesn't seem to be peeling, and Guam (where i live) is amazingly hot and humid so it seems to be holding up good. i am goin with that set, cuz one it is molded so i won't have to worry about bubbles, and it is an actual layer of cabron fiber.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No I don't like it.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

It is hard to install vinyl over any type of texture. It will not be smooth when it is finished, it will always show the texture from the original piece it was covering. If that doesn't bother you than go for it.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member

I bought it off ebay. So it will come withen a week than i will install it. I'll let everybody know how it comes out.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if you are looking for a great kit of REAL carbon fiber that is a complete front dash, and rear passanger section then check out Partshippers. it is about 250.00 but it is a TOTAL set, REAL carbon fiber, and it is a flexible molded, so it just fits right over the factory pieces. it is hella nice (thats right, i say hella). they also have it in tons of colors that are close to matching the scion body colors. You don't have to worry about bubbles, and the flexibleness (is that a real word?) creates a better grip than the actual "molded dash covers"

no i am not sponsored by partshippers, and i don't have any friends who work there. just giving strong props to an excelent product.