Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Cubby holes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member

Default Cubby holes?

So just what do you guys put in your front cubby holes?

I don't own an xB (YET!) but I've been wondering what all those funny shaped cubbies in the front dash are good for holding...if anything...

I was also curious about the passenger side cubby, above the glove box, is that space tall enough for a row of CDs? And what about that little dish to the left of that space...

The shapes of these cubbies are kind of bizarre that I thought maybe they specially designed for something....

Any thoughts?
Old 07-06-2006, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...hlight=cubbies
Old 07-06-2006, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Anything and everything that fits. lol
Old 07-06-2006, 10:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So far, when there's a passenger, the kleenex box comes off the seat and goes above the glove box. Pens and cell phone in the deep hole left of that. Wallet stays in the cupholder without the iPod holder in it. When I leave the car it gets hidden in the "oven." (I don't have an iPod and I haven't yet figured out another use for the removable holder in the cupholder but I leave it there because I know it will come in handy for something. Any ideas?) Clip-on sunglasses goes on the top shelf in front of the speedo. CDs go on the left of the handbrake (rotated from left to right). And my spare change goes in the square hole behind the handbrake. (Couldn't they have made a better place for change?)

My question: There is a plastic "frame/slot" inside the oven door that looks like it should hold something, but nothing really "fits" in it. Any guesses?

I'm thinking about a small velcro strip to hold my radar detector instead of using the windshield suction cups, and I'm toying with the idea of using some special paint I have laying around here to paint the dash. It has metal or something in in and allows magnets to stick to it. I could stick refrigerator magnets all over or bigger magnets to hold things in place. Maybe not the whole dash, but still...???
Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't put anything on any of them o_o

oh i put my cell phone and work phone in the one right in front of me behind the wheels ometimes, but usually i just sit that stuff up by the speedo so i can see them light up when they ring (cuz i usually have my stereo up too loud to hear them ring)
Old 07-06-2006, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jeremiah_xB
i don't put anything on any of them
x2

I like to keep my car clean and free of clutter.

I think filling up those storage areas is a chick thing. If not, the word "cubby" surely is.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That last post was NOT meant to offend by the way. Dont want the mods getting all ____y.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Kill
My question: There is a plastic "frame/slot" inside the oven door that looks like it should hold something, but nothing really "fits" in it. Any guesses?
I believe that is for business cards. I have not actually tried that, but I am pretty certain that is what it is for. (Maybe print up some scionlife cards to hand out?)

The cell phone goes in the foam cupholder thing. Other than that, I have tons of empty real estate on my dash.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In the center cubby w/door, I put my laptop/tablet mount (see the link in my signature) which holds my tablet laptop! I put the foam ipod holder thing in the cubby in front of the passenger (above the glove box) which hides the wires which I fished through that area - it's 2 wires - one wire which goes from the aux port to my laptops sound card and the other wire is my laptops' power wire) ;]

i have a motorola raz0r phone which fits so nicely into the door handle area, by the driver side / left elbow area.

The cup holders usually have 2 huge taco bell cups full of fatty g00dness beverages ;]

the holders on the side doors have napkins and a couple of CDs.

I think that's it... ;]
- sh00k
Old 07-06-2006, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm, lets see....
Gauges, Mp3 player, sun glasses, cig pack, lighter, radio, turbo timer, etc. It's your car you put what ever your heart desires in it.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Yeah, the slot on the oven door is for business crads, standard ones, fit perfectly

I put my cd case next to the e-brake, use the oven for crap, put my phone clip on the oven door then put my celly in there whenver i get in (oven hasnt closed sine the day i bought it), use the ash tray for change, put pens in the thing under my RS badge, and donet use the big hole over the glove box
Old 07-06-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

i put my cell to the right of the wheel. and when its on vibrate it sounds like my whole dash is falling apart hahaha. Doesnt toyota advertise the Yarias having 30something storage compartments...i woudl feel obligated to put something in them all haha
Old 07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i stick mostly my cell phone and wallet in there.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put CDs in the oven, but that's it. Chadfo mounted his ScanGauge II right behind the steering wheel.

What I'd like to know is: does anyone use, or can anyone think of a use for, the cubby that's in the fusebox cover? (It's just to the right of the hood release.)
Old 07-06-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i keep my two little stuffed animals , yep stuffed animals. got a problem with that ? didnt think so , lol.

i keep my ipod on the assenger seat while in use and then in the "cubby" under the stereo while i get out the car.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I like the small space on the left of the main compartment of the glove box. I use that for pens and keeping my fuel recpts for checking mpgs
Old 07-06-2006, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The wife and I commute to work and back together, daily in my box (hers is the weekend runner), so it's become quite functional.

Larger cubby on the left holds my Oakleys.

Long cubby behind the wheel holds my wallet and phone when not in my pocket, and , my bluetooth headset when not in use.

The oven door holds reciepts etc. The frame behind the door is perfect for my dunkin donuts chargable card

The deep pocket by the glove box is where my iPod lives. I bought a 6 foot aux cable, popped the deep pocket out and routed the cable into it. Means I have great access if I need to change track, and dont have to lean down while driving.

The big pocket over there is where my wifes handbag lives when we're out driving

The two front cup holders have two dunkin donut cozies in them, when we get our morning coffee (iced, regular and black).

The long slot by the hand break holds our straws

The rear cup holder is the change slot and ipod holder slot.

Functional!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gsnorgathon
I put CDs in the oven, but that's it. [url=https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=124526&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=#1685498]

....What I'd like to know is: does anyone use, or can anyone think of a use for, the cubby that's in the fusebox cover? (It's just to the right of the hood release.)
I use it to hold a pack of Orange Orbitz gum... fits perfectly! damn that gum is tasty!
i posted on this topic previously (see link above) , but much has changed since.
Now keep atleast ONE container of Icebreakers overtop of Change in the back cupholder , iPod still in the oven w/ aux cable ; XM radio is on the spot above the glovebox , random junk in square cuphoolder there , cellphone still in right cubby by door ... and that's about it.
I'm looking for a scion cupholder thingy..... since they didn't have them back when i bought mine!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have mine for sale. $10 plus shipping
Old 07-07-2006, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Quick Reply: Cubby holes?