Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Cubby holes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

left of steering wheel: sunglasses (perfect size)
right of steering wheel: cell phone
above steering wheel: tobacco pouch and lighter
deep hole by glove box: whatever my wife left in there last time she was in the car
drivers side rear door pull: Sonic mints and gum (7 year old son's private stash spot)
Old 07-07-2006, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well when I get my xB, my sidekick will sit in either the cubby or the space behind the steering wheel. Then maybe a box of tissues somewhere in there and then some of my scion toys will go on the dash.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

The spot above the fuse box looks like it might hold a garage door opener... with a spot to clip it too. I don't know if you could get your finger in there to push the button though.

I, too, use the cubby on the right of the steering while to hold my cellphone. It's so perfect for that.

Also, the buisness card holder in the oven I used to fold up dollar bills. I like to have a bit of loose paper money to go with my loose coins in my ashtray.

The large cubby above the glove box doesn't get used much unless I have a cold and need Kleenex. I think items there don't look so swift... unless of course I had a rock'n Old Yeller xB and a rock'n smiley face tissue holder.

The long cubby above the steering wheel is beyond me. I need to get those rubber things to put there so I might actually be able to use this. Things just fall out and slide around there.

And my gum goes on the left hand side cubby, behind the steering wheel.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Left hole behind steering wheel: phone. Top of dash in front of me: SpongeBob. Oven: I think it has a phone headset and some crackers in it. Slot in oven: police business cards. Cupholder over glove compartment: usually sunglasses, also gas receipts. Big area above glove compartment: nothing unless my husband is riding, then whatever he can stuff in there. Glove compartment: car papers and such. Small place in glove compartment: portable antenna for my radio, my nametag, and maybe that's where the phone headset is. Cupholders behind shifter: cups or bottles when they are being used. Long slot left of e-brake lever: comb and pen. Square holder between backs of seats: radio, with a cord plugged into the aux port there so I can hear my two-way communications in stereo!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Remote next to ignition, monkey in pocket above the glove, ps2 wireless controllers in large "shelf", garage remote in the bottom left pocket(it has a specifically cut slot for entry remotes), Bulgari cologne in rear cup holder, cd's next to e-brake(standard), and entire dash has been converted to a giant Flux Capacitor
Old 07-08-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Click on my profile to see...and yes there really is a monkey!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i tell what these cubbies are really good for other than holding things. They are GREAT for doing some really cool lighting mods. The box looks amazing when lights are shooting out every crack and crevace
Old 07-08-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I use mine for the remote for my stereo and the microfiber for my sunglasses.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jon-w9
Originally Posted by Big_Kill
My question: There is a plastic "frame/slot" inside the oven door that looks like it should hold something, but nothing really "fits" in it. Any guesses?
I believe that is for business cards. I have not actually tried that, but I am pretty certain that is what it is for.
I've found that my State Farm insurance card (required to be onboard by MN law) fits there perfectly.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So far:

Echo the cubby to the right of the steering column is perfect for my cell phone.
Garage Door under the radio is good for wallet and reciepts when I am out and about, as well as pens or misc items.
As a non-smoker, the ashtray is perfect for loose change.
The deep cubby to the left of the glove box is perfect for my digital camera when I have it with me.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is an ashtray? I've never noticed it. Where is it?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ Under the oven

If you put your cell phone in the pocket to the right of the steering wheel, the bottom one, it will be louder when it rings
Old 07-11-2006, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is the deal with the cubby with the hole in the top (bottom left)?

Has anybody figured out why there is a hole, or a specific use for it?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you're talking about the fuse box cover - the one right next to the hood release? I'm guessing the hole's there to make it easier to take the cover out so you can get to the fuse box.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gsnorgathon
I think you're talking about the fuse box cover - the one right next to the hood release? I'm guessing the hole's there to make it easier to take the cover out so you can get to the fuse box.

I just thought it was another cubby, I didn't even look real close.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wallet stays in the cupholder without the iPod holder in it. When I leave the car it gets hidden in the "oven." (I don't have an iPod and I haven't yet figured out another use for the removable holder in the cupholder but I leave it there because I know it will come in handy for something. Any ideas?)
what ipod holder are you talking about??? i never got one!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raceronabudget
Wallet stays in the cupholder without the iPod holder in it. When I leave the car it gets hidden in the "oven." (I don't have an iPod and I haven't yet figured out another use for the removable holder in the cupholder but I leave it there because I know it will come in handy for something. Any ideas?)
i think they just started handing them out recently. never saw one until i test drove just the other day and it was already in the car..

even without the radio, it was in there
Old 07-13-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thegoatlord
i think they just started handing them out recently. never saw one until i test drove just the other day and it was already in the car:
I think you're talking about the rubbery squinchy thing with the Scion logo that fits into the cupholders and the square hole above and to the left of the glove box . . . and one came with the '06 box I bought in September of '05. I use it to hold my cell phone when I'm charging it from the power socket. Speaking of which, is there an easy way to make the power socket stay on all the time? I think that would be ever so convenient many times, like when I want to charge my cell phone but with the car locked and the ignition off. This is the first car I've had that turned the power socket off with the ignition . . . .
Old 07-13-2006, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a crazy little thing. It even comes with instructions on how to put it in the cupholders!

It shows an ipod in the pic, straight up and down, angled, and a camera. Wonder who invented it and how much do they get for each one?

Old 07-13-2006, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a crazy little thing. It even comes with instructions on how to put it in the cupholders!
That's IT!! Wow, mine never came with instructions -- I'm glad you posted that so I can make sure I'm using mine correctly!!! (Do you suppose I'm OK using it for my cell phone??!!?? ;^)

Quick Reply: Cubby holes?