Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

current XB wait times

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member

Default current XB wait times

Hi all,
I ordered an Xb Sept 16th and I am still waiting. I ordered a blue 5 spd no options.
They assigned me a VIN # and a specific pickup date. The car never showed and after a week of back and forth they said the car was traded to another dealership and was not going to show at all. Then they said they could get one in a week for me since they botched my delivery.

Now they are saying it won't be until January!

I called the Scion main number in hopes they could help me out and speed up delivery of a replacement car. So far I have been extremely disappointed in the dealership and Scion themselves.

Anyone had similar experiences recently with Xb's? I am in Florida which means I fall under the Southeast Toyota Distributor market.

Maybe someone from Scion can explain all of this garbage to me.

Thanks,
Old 11-20-2005, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a 2006 BOP xB (bone stock) on order. No issues yet, I just call back every week or so to check on the status. Hopefully it comes in without issues and everything goes well.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

had no wait
paid 15k out the door

-move to so-cali
Old 11-20-2005, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CNYScions
SL Member

hehe...i'm there with ya man. ordered mine on sept 10th and still waiting. I didn't get a vin # or anything. they told me 4 to 6 weeks. i ordered a BSP auto and bone stock. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 11-21-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who did you order the xB from?!?!?!

I'm going to send you a PM, I think I may be able to help you out.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same thing happened to me----We ordered our xB on a Friday afternoon------come to find out after ours was sent elsewhere-----the dealership know that the inventory control office closes at 4:00pm Friday and re-opens Monday morning at 8:00 am for the Southeast District. Well the dealership didn't call the inventory office on time on Friday to let them know the Vin # xxxxxxx was sold-----so somebody else jumped in from another dealership and latched on to ours. Subsequently----about two days before our original ordered car was to be arriving at JAX by ship the dealer contacted us and said we have a different car by VIN # xxxxxxxxx (same color and all) but something had happened to our original car. Claimed they didn't know what. They said there would be an additional 10 day wait for our second VIN #'d car. OK change all the paperwork at the credit union-------but I found the true story while chatting with another salesman (20yrs at dealership) at the same dealer. Hope this answers some of your questions. PJRACER
Old 11-21-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had no wait on 06 Black Cherry Pearl here. Walked in to Dealer and they said they had one on order and would be in next day! I drove it home 24 hours later. Its base model manual trans, exact to what I would've ordered. I have noticed that the 4 dealers in the area im at, only 1 ever has them on their lot. And out of all four they were the only ones who gave fair trade in value on my old car, and were NOT pushy period! I was willing to buy up to a state away just to get what I wanted with a FAIR Deal. Check out other dealers even if you have to travel. I noticed by my experience in buying this car that there are Dealers that seem to be FAVORED by Scion. Maybe that will help you out!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

On Sept. 26 I ordered a TCM manual just with iPod upgrade. Dealer got back to me around Oct. 10, saying my car was "tagged" at the factory in Japan, that is labeled to go to my dealer. My salesman, Scott at Irwin Scion in NH said the process typically takes 3 weeks from that point. It ships to New York then trucked up here. It was almost exactly that, 5 weeks from my original visit. I picked it up Nov. 1, with 1 mile on the odometer. Hope all you who are waiting can hang in there, it's worth it.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I went to every Scion dealership within a 100 mile radius, nobody had them in stock, and I really didn't want to have to order it!! On a hunch I decided to drive to the only dealership I hadn't gone to, and they had the exact one I wanted!! Thank god I didn't have to wait, considering my old car died the day I picked up my BOP xB!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member

I placed an order for a new black cherry XB 4 weeks ago. It is supposed to arrive tommorow but we will see. Im getting sunroof and aftermarket alarm/remote start and satellite radio which will add to my wait time..........waiting
Old 11-24-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered mine (Panama City Toyota) two weeks in advance, was assigned a VIN#, and when it came in it was an auto instead of manual. So I asked the salesperson what he would "do" for me. He gave me a $100 gift card, and promised a short wait. Later that week he said he would look around for one to trade for mine. I informed him that in order to keep me interested in a Scion at all, and patient with the afformentioned dealership he would have to hook up some parts for free. I gave him a deadline of one week to find me one, or I was going to Nissan; he called back in thirty minutes with one located, and I was driving it two days later.
Great dealership, great experience, not afraid to play hardball.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My local dealership has 4 right now! A BSP, BCP, TCM and a Camo.
No xA and 2 tC!

Come to WA state for your xB! LOL
Old 11-25-2005, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I walked on to the local lot and they had 8 bone stock xB's. Picked out my bone stock polar white xB's signed on the line and was on my way.........sorry to here you guys on the East Coast are getting screwed.....West Coast for Life.......
Old 11-25-2005, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ordered mine yesterday and is supposed to be here NLT 12/06/05. We will see though
Old 11-25-2005, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I feel for ya Box2B, I was told 4 weeks and it turned into almost 7 and it was murder. I had parts all over the shop but nothing to put them on. It will work out in the end though. Keep the faith with them or go elsewhere. It's just a shame that you have so much time already invested. Try checking dealer inventory online, I tried that and almost went elsewhere to get mine once I started finding them in-stock at other stealerships.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: current XB wait times

Originally Posted by Box2B
Hi all,
I ordered an Xb Sept 16th and I am still waiting. I ordered a blue 5 spd no options.
They assigned me a VIN # and a specific pickup date. The car never showed and after a week of back and forth they said the car was traded to another dealership and was not going to show at all. Then they said they could get one in a week for me since they botched my delivery.

Now they are saying it won't be until January!

I called the Scion main number in hopes they could help me out and speed up delivery of a replacement car. So far I have been extremely disappointed in the dealership and Scion themselves.

Anyone had similar experiences recently with Xb's? I am in Florida which means I fall under the Southeast Toyota Distributor market.

Maybe someone from Scion can explain all of this garbage to me.

Thanks,
Man u are in the same situation i was when i bought my tC...i had 2 wait 2 weeks to get mine after i ordered it the 2nd of oct. then didnt get it till the 18th..i was really really ____ed..cuz it was at port in Jacksonville...and they couldnt ship it cuz it had a "tire" issue..so it was pushed back 5 days
Old 11-25-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default my story

I ordered mine on November 11th so I've been waiting 2 weeks for it as of today. According to the salesperson I spoke with, he gave me an estimated waiting time of "between 3 to 8 weeks..."

I just hope that it's closer to 3 weeks and not 8 weeks. lol. I would like my xB by christmas! I am in New York City in case anyone has a better idea of when my car will be arriving...

They had a polar white/automatic at one of the dealers I went to but it had tons of options - stero w/ipod connector, factory 16" rims, TWO huge sunroofs, wing, foglights and a few other things. They wanted something like $18,995 for it which is far more than what I wanted to pay for it!

So instead, I ordered a polar white/automatic xB and after the dealer fee's plus nyc state taxes, my total was a little below $16,700...
Old 11-25-2005, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The dealership trading your inbound unit is total BS. I would not deal with them if it is avoidable. Their DX(dealer exchange) guy is obviously not very good at what he does. We have been getting our oder units in about 6 weeks depending what time of month the order is placed. I would take my business elsewhere...
Old 11-25-2005, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

i called all dealers back in june 05 when they started to sell in the great lakes. i only waited 1 week to find my tcm in auto. since then you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get ur xb. i would say its normal. or buy mine today. its has the works minus rims cuz i just sold them but i can always get a new pair.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EticketXb
I walked on to the local lot and they had 8 bone stock xB's. Picked out my bone stock polar white xB's signed on the line and was on my way.........sorry to here you guys on the East Coast are getting screwed.....West Coast for Life.......
yep same with me. its that easy for us in so-cal...

west coast baby

Quick Reply: current XB wait times